• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senate Intelligence Committee want Trump associates to testify. Subpoena if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
- Andre Carson (Intelligence Committee - Not senate intelligence committee)

'I am not at liberty to say anything, but I look forward to the public hearing on the 20th. '

Need some Republicans to start talking like this before we'll get anywhere.

On one hand: this has to be pretty slam dunk if Comey does this because if it backfires then there is no way they can ever go after trump again and his path to delegitimize the IC will have worked

On the other hand: he did break ranks to put out that letter before the election, which wasn't smart

Dirca

Ah, the latest story that gets GAF's hopes up and will end with the usual disappointment, anger, and frustration.

Uh oh, time for Carter Page to leave the country.

tumblr_nwqd9jWRck1uorz8zo2_500.gif

Seventy70

I wish they could revoke Trump's citizenship and deport him to Russia when he's outlived his usefulness.

Btw, what does this mean for his family? I know his son in law is the only one that has a position in his cabinet, but if the whole Trump business are exposed. Could Eric, Jr. And Ivanka be looking at jail?

Also, I just thought of another thing. If Trump is impeached, what stops him from releasing any secrets he'd learned or revealing the nuke codes or something?

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
No actually you dont, that shows R confidence which means they think there is nothing there.

Perhaps. Or perhaps we'll see some break in party loyalty when some people wise up and realize they don't want to go down with the ship

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I wish they could revoke Trump's citizenship and deport him to Russia when he's outlived his usefulness.

Btw, what does this mean for his family? I know his son in law is the only one that has a position in his cabinet, but if the whole Trump business are exposed could Eric, Jr. And Ivanka be looking at jail?

Hard to say where this will all go but, if they gain access to Trumps taxes and look into the possible light treason with his business and the Iranian Revolutionary Guard, his children could be implicated too, especially the sons who are out and about on Trump business.

Btw, what does this mean for his family? I know his son in law is the only one that has a position in his cabinet, but if the whole Trump business are exposed. Could Eric, Jr. And Ivanka be looking at jail?

Also, I just thought of another thing. If Trump is impeached, what stops him from releasing any secrets he'd learned or revealing the nuke codes or something?

The promise of execution I imagine.

- Andre Carson (Intelligence Committee - Not senate intelligence committee)

'I am not at liberty to say anything, but I look forward to the public hearing on the 20th. '
I know Schiff plans to have everybody of note testify to the effect that the Trump wire-taps never happened first thing on that Monday. So I'm going to assume that this is in reference to that coming testimony.

Oersted

Ah, the latest story that gets GAF's hopes up and will end with the usual disappointment, anger, and frustration.

Aren't these stories mostly plagued by "Nothing will come out of this" defeatists? Anyway, probably wrong thread for this.

the attorney general of the US already did it, and is currently getting away with it.

most criminal acts are not very messy if you are a republican official serving under a republican-dominated government.

This won't be the case if more and more hard proof of their dirty work keeps coming out.

I don't understand why people are so quick to bring everybody down when more things are coming out of this.

Aren't these stories mostly plagued by "Nothing will come out of this" defeatists? Anyway, probably wrong thread for this.

They are, and it's a constant annoyance and serve no purpose in these threads.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You'll know the shit is hitting the fan when we hear about immunity deals.

It's a step.

The problem is still going to be getting 19 Republican senators (well 19 and 1 Joe Manchin) to sign off on a conviction of impeachment between now and 2020 (assuming everyone holds their spot in the Senate in 2018). That's even assuming the house flips back to the Dems in 2018 so you have to hope whatever they dig up, actually jeopardizes the Republican Party to where they have no choice but to impeach.

There's still a weird twisted possibility where shit comes out and Congress doesn't do anything about it because there's zero pressure in the red states and districts from GOP voters. Angry Democrats in blue states and districts doesn't do a lot.

Bingo. The key to this will be motivating the dems in those swing states where Republicans are trying they're damndest to turn red.

Squire

Banned

???

-Flynn reisigned
-Sessions recused
-Trump calling attention to himself with the Obama tweets
-Still can't pass Trumpcare for shit

I'm not all that disappointed, angry, or frustrated as of late. Sure seems like Trump is though.

Hopefully reacts exactly like he did in the Anderson interview.

Lol yep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom