• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Burst |OT| We Now Live In a Post Happy Boobs Wrapped World

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
About 1/2 way done with Chapter 3 for Hebijo and some of them (mainly Mirai and Haruka, especially considering her Ninja Art you start with suuuucks) feel a bit awkward to use, considering how much time I've spent on Hanzo. Though I will say, I feel more interested in the story for this group compared to the other girls.

GeekyDad

About 1/2 way done with Chapter 3 for Hebijo and some of them (mainly Mirai and Haruka, especially considering her Ninja Art you start with suuuucks) feel a bit awkward to use, considering how much time I've spent on Hanzo. Though I will say, I feel more interested in the story for this group compared to the other girls.

Yeah, Mirai is definitely a weird one in terms of her timing, but she's a better zoner (in my opinion) than Yagyu. Haruka, she's probably my new favorite girl to play as. I love how her attacks connect, even more than Kat.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Haruka feels a bit better after leveling up & especially after unlocking the aerial Ninja Art. Mirai is definitely more of a ranged character, but once you get used to that, she's rather decent, though it kind of sucks that enemies nearby/right next to her cannon don't get hurt.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That feeling of getting a B on Hebijo Chapter 5-06. Uuuugggghhhhhh. I really wish it was split up, with the
Asuna fight that felt a bit dragged out
being its own chapter. In any case, I felt the overall story/backgrounds for the girls was more interesting compared to Hanzo. Also, the
demon/red version of the girls
was rather creepy.

& wooooow, Hikage's icon in Frantic after getting the Yin meter 1/2 filled.

hitmon

Just to give you an answer, I'm about halfway through the first school with around 7 hours of game time. So when I "finish" the game by playing through each mission with at least two characters I can see about 30 hours in total being pretty reasonable.
If I wanted to be a completionist and do every mission with every character and attain all the highest ranks and titles and unlock all the extras it could last a lot longer.

Someone else could give you a more exact answer, though, probably.

Thanks for answering!

Clockwork5

Just started watching the anime series. It follows the story of the game for the most part. Same voice actors (Kat sounds like a raspy trucker sometimes, eww) and all of the PLOT twists are there!

I would give it 3.5/5 stars so far.

No-Ink

Banned
Wait so is this game actually good? Cause the plot almost has me sold. You know the PLOT
The battle system is pretty damn good fun. It's fun keeping enemies in the air and then transforming to be more powerful. And each character feels distinct enough when you play them. It's kinda addicting.

Astarte

Oh god I hate yagyu/hibari fights. No matter who you fight, they have some sort of no hit stun so they always win trades. I'd rather fight daidouji again.

GeekyDad

Wait so is this game actually good? Cause the plot almost has me sold. You know the PLOT

Plugged in about 25 hours with it before taking a short break. It's an instant-gratification game for me. It plays tight, kinda mindless, lots of sexy anime shit going on, cuteness overdose. It's not a game that takes anything seriously, but it's one hell of an enjoyable game to own.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god I hate yagyu/hibari fights. No matter who you fight, they have some sort of no hit stun so they always win trades. I'd rather fight daidouji again.
Ugh, Hibari is seriously annoying because it's so hard to get a combo going for that reason.

& yeah, for what it was worth, looking past the fanservice, there's a rather decent game here. Each character feels unique & it's kind of fun playing this in short bursts (pun semi-intended) as you can play a few missions, level up a bit, etc. There was some effort put in to make this more than just "HE HE, 3D BOOBIES!!". It's repetitive at times, yes, considering it's a brawler, but I enjoyed getting used to each character's style, earning more moves, and performing aerial juggles.

Now hopefully, SV will come over & I can say the same thing for that, considering it has double the characters.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Yay, finally got around to unlocking everything I could for Hanzou side.
Time to move on to the dark side!

GeekyDad

Yeah, I took a break somewhere around halfway through the second part of the game. Was tons of fun, but 30 hours was enough for a while. But I'm still in love with the idea of the game and am psyched for the new one they announced. Hope this time we see a physical release.

ohlawd

Yeah, I took a break somewhere around halfway through the second part of the game. Was tons of fun, but 30 hours was enough for a while. But I'm still in love with the idea of the game and am psyched for the new one they announced. Hope this time we see a physical release.

I only want the physical release as it justifies bringing over the DX set. Yomi figure? Yes, please.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I should get back to this and unlock more pictures once SK2 &/or SV are confirmed for the US. It'll be nice knowing if SK2 gets brought over, we (most likely) get the unlock bonus for having the game.

ohlawd

I should get back to this and unlock more pictures once SK2 &/or SV are confirmed for the US. It'll be nice knowing if SK2 gets brought over, we (most likely) get the unlock bonus for having the game.

I didn't know SK2 gives you a bonus for having SKB save data.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I didn't know SK2 gives you a bonus for having SKB save data.
Muramasa, Ikaruga's brother, is playable if you have save data of Burst, though he'll eventually be DLC later on. He's one of the two playable male characters that're being added.

ohlawd

Muramasa, Ikaruga's brother, is playable if you have save data of Burst, though he'll eventually be DLC later on. He's one of the two playable male characters that're being added.

ohhhh that's how you get Ika-chan's onii-chan at first? I thought he'd be available from the start and not as a bonus/DLC

And I moved this thread to Community. You guys can thank me by giving me Yomi fanart.

-Horizon-

I'm never going to finish this game. I'm still on freakin chapter 1 because I'm trying to get A rank on all of the missions for all the characters first. I know I should just keep playing to unlock the rest of the story but I feel compelled to.

HawthorneKitty

I'm not the only one that did this, right? [also with Yagyuu]

I0IW6Xq.jpg

I won't be surprised if it has already been posted on Gaf, but in case you missed it : EU release on Feb the 28th according a certain UK-based webstore.

Edit : banned link. Well, it doesn't fare well for the validity of this 'release date', then.

I won't be surprised if it has already been posted on Gaf, but in case you missed it : EU release on Feb the 28th according a certain UK-based webstore.

Edit : banned link. Well, it doesn't fare well for the validity of this 'release date', then.

ShopTo? The fact that it's getting a listing is a good sign, knowing Zen United. Nothing official yet, though.

HawthorneKitty

Geez some of these early Hebijo missions can be really mean. I was lie, "how could a 1 v 1 battle be 5 star difficulty?" Then I got a B rank. Not really liking how most of these girls suck in simple combat.

Rarutos

I started up the game not that long ago, and I am enjoying it way more than I expected to! I really like the visual novel segments and the characters are a lot of fun. <3

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Blah can't decide between this and Pokemon ... Help me decide.

HawthorneKitty

I got a C with Yomi on the last story mission... wut.
I thought she was the powerhouse, but she is so weak; am I doing it wrong?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Is it just me, or are most of the Hebijo girls way less fun to play as compared to the Hanzo girls? Homura and Hikage are good, but the others...not so much. Compared to Hanzo, where I only actively dreaded playing as Hibari, with Hebijo I don't really enjoy Yomi, Mirai, or Haruka at all.

HawthorneKitty

Is it just me, or are most of the Hebijo girls way less fun to play as compared to the Hanzo girls? Homura and Hikage are good, but the others...not so much. Compared to Hanzo, where I only actively dreaded playing as Hibari, with Hebijo I don't really enjoy Yomi, Mirai, or Haruka at all.
Hah, you're just like me; Haruka gets better with her X ninpo though. I feel it's because you can execute way less precise and offensive pressure with a lot of Hebijo.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Hah, you're just like me; Haruka gets better with her X ninpo though. I feel it's because you can execute way less precise and offensive pressure with a lot of Hebijo.

Yeah, I think that's it. I mean hell, with Yomi, half the time I'll think I'm perfectly lined up with an enemy/enemies, start swinging, and hit absolutely nothing. Despite having such a gigantic sword, she's SUPER inaccurate. Absolutely can't stand using her.

HawthorneKitty

And now I actually failed a mission with Yomi; her ninpos suck.
I guess I should be somewhat happy that some Chapter 5 Hebijo missions are actually hard instead of just tedious like Hanzo's.

HawthorneKitty

Whoa, the normal attacks change when you're in Flash mode?
Why did I not notice this in Hanzo? Yomi actually gets better!

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Been playing this all day since I picked it up. A few questions:

What benefits does transforming do? Is there any benefit to staying in the school uniform?

What do they gold and silver keys mean next to the missions?

What's the blue bar under the green one?

What are the chances the Vita game will be localized?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Been playing this all day since I picked it up. A few questions:

What benefits does transforming do? Is there any benefit to staying in the school uniform?

What do they gold and silver keys mean next to the missions?

What's the blue bar under the green one?

What are the chances the Vita game will be localized?
1.) It refills your health & allows you to perform special attacks on ground or in the air once you learn them.

2.) I THINK it's meant to tell you if a mission is one with the VN text scenes or not. Gold is the longer scenes and silver are the quicker ones. If there's no key, it's a side mission.

3.) That's your clothing's "health". Once it runs out, your defense drops.

4.) It seems like it might happen. Xseed teased in their holiday card a silhouette of one of the characters.

Top Bottom