• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

Join us, friend. I love having three. One or two fullscreen windowed games, chat/twitter/youtube on the other, or for programming/design, or have one with HDMI plugged in for playing consoles at your PC desk. It's heavenly. My dream monitor is a triple wide that can accept the same or different inputs in 3 quadrants but with no bezel

Probably need a new desk as well. My two already barely fit. One day!

I've only ever used a single monitor my whole life.

I was like you once ... then for work i was forced to go on 2 monitor ...
3 months later i was at 3 monitors.

( i was doing programming stuff...Code on screen 1 , render on screen 2 )

Then i couldn't go back .

I'm on 2 monitor ATM... so much easier to manage my stuff, navigate ( play on one screen , check something on the other ) .

Once you're in deep enough you can't go back.

Chrom

Yeah, I like to play games on Steam in full screen but that sense of always wanting to check a new message or notification makes it feel rather challenging to play for long sessions. I think having a second monitor might help me with that, but at the same time I've been pretty content with the single life so I'm not too interested in investing in a second monitor.

SerTapTap

I was like you once ... then for work i was forced to go on 2 monitor ...
3 months later i was at 3 monitors.

( i was doing programming stuff )

Programming without two monitors is...urg. It should be illegal. Even a quick peek at code on my surface pro 3 feels wrong. And if Eyefinity and such werent' such a massive pain in the butt I'd love to try some games like that too. Borderlands seemed cool but I could never get the FOV to feel quite right

Programming without two monitors is...urg. It should be illegal. Even a quick peek at code on my surface pro 3 feels wrong. And if Eyefinity and such werent' such a massive pain in the butt I'd love to try some games like that too. Borderlands seemed cool but I could never get the FOV to feel quite right

I know what you mean ..i was talking about my first experience when i was hired to program. years ago. Before that point i was doing some programming on my laptop but when i was into a dev team i really felt the need to use 2 .. and that's why i asked for a third 3 month later :)

MetalDeer

I'd love a 3 monitor setup, but I'd have to have at least 2 of the same model, because symmetry and all that. Besides, my desk barely fits two monitors..

Oh, and trying to find wallpapers that work nicely with multiple monitors is pretty awful. My second monitor is only 1680x1050, though.

SerTapTap

I'd love a 3 monitor setup, but I'd have to have at least 2 of the same model, because symmetry and all that. Besides, my desk barely fits two monitors..

Oh, and trying to find wallpapers that work nicely with multiple monitors is pretty awful. My second monitor is only 1680x1050, though.

Just set individual wallpapers for each monitor. But yeah you're going to want 2 or 3 of the same model

Same here, I would love to have two monitors atleast but I'm worried about power bills as I'm still a lowly student :(

Monitor power draw is pretty minor compared to general PC usage. Pretty sure my CPU eats more than all 3 monitors combined.

Been on the phone with USPS for two hours today trying to figure out why my SV CE has been to every state around mine BUT my state... Frustrating. I just want my Katsu figure... :(

Chrom

Been on the phone with USPS for two hours today trying to figure out why my SV CE has been to every state around mine BUT my state... Frustrating. I just want my Katsu figure... :(

You ordered a figure? Which one? Forgive me if you've answered this before already, I might've missed it.

You ordered a figure? Which one? Forgive me if you've answered this before already, I might've missed it.

I meant the mini figures from the SV LE set, but I have the Katsu from Griffon preordered and I might get some other ones here soon as well. Have alot going on this month and next month. Need new brakes on my vehicle and have to rent a car to go out of town this weekend as well as hotel fees. :\

Chrom

I meant the mini figures from the SV LE set, but I have the Katsu from Griffon preordered and I might get some other ones here soon as well. Have alot going on this month and next month. Need new brakes on my vehicle and have to rent a car to go out of town this weekend as well as hotel fees. :\

Oh sorry, I should have known you meant those. You should post pics when you get them!

Oh sorry, I should have known you meant those. You should post pics when you get them!

I got the SK2 ones in the other day but havent opened the box yet. I wanted to wait for all of them to get here so I could put them all together at once but it looks like thats not going to happen anytime soon. :\

My SV LE has gone from Shiga, JP to Osaka, JP, to Jersey City, NJ, to Warrendale, PA, to somewhere in Missouri, to Mephis, TN.... I live in New York.... Why it didnt just go from NJ to NY I dont know... Was on the phone with USPS for 2 hours today and sent a message to the retailer asking why its going to the West Coast, presumably, and not directly to me. Frustrating...

Heads up, new Famitsu scan on the internetz for the Vita version of EV. Shows Sayuri both old and young, some kind of level display, the Thousand Year Festival garb and floating panties (not sure? panty grab MP mode from SV?).

Chrom

I got the SK2 ones in the other day but havent opened the box yet. I wanted to wait for all of them to get here so I could put them all together at once but it looks like thats not going to happen anytime soon. :\

My SV LE has gone from Shiga, JP to Osaka, JP, to Jersey City, NJ, to Warrendale, PA, to somewhere in Missouri, to Mephis, TN.... I live in New York.... Why it didnt just go from NJ to NY I dont know... Was on the phone with USPS for 2 hours today and sent a message to the retailer asking why its going to the West Coast, presumably, and not directly to me. Frustrating...

Haha, wow. I know a guy who had a similar problem when he ordered the collector's edition of Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call from Square Enix's store. It went around the country for no reason.

Chrom

Heads up, new Famitsu scan on the internetz for the Vita version of EV. Shows Sayuri both old and young, some kind of level display, the Thousand Year Festival garb and floating panties (not sure? panty grab MP mode from SV?).

Hmm, could those be the same scans I was speaking of the other day? I seem to recall similar details, although I didn't notice anything about the Vita version.

Puruzi

Banned

Young Sayuri
Jasmine
looks mighty nice. The vita version seems to not be too much worse than the PS4 version too, so that's good.

Hmm, could those be the same scans I was speaking of the other day? I seem to recall similar details, although I didn't notice anything about the Vita version.

Could be. I usually wait for AGB to get scans because I trust him the most and he does flat scans, not from the magazine itself. (I guess he has a digital subscription?)

Monitor power draw is pretty minor compared to general PC usage. Pretty sure my CPU eats more than all 3 monitors combined.

Oh I know that much, but realistically speaking and by a rough estimate how much would a monitor cost per year if it's used about 7-8 hours a day?

Yeah, I like to play games on Steam in full screen but that sense of always wanting to check a new message or notification makes it feel rather challenging to play for long sessions. I think having a second monitor might help me with that, but at the same time I've been pretty content with the single life so I'm not too interested in investing in a second monitor.
I'm not too far off from this. My setup is an HDTV as my PC monitor which I play games / watch stuff full screened. I typically am sitting in my recliner with my laptop next to me for any multitasking while I game / watch something.
I'm afraid not, this was the best I could find at 1500x500 so it's not ideal, but I liked the design so much I didn't care. : P
I still find it curious that it seems the spread is divided by good and evil shinobi, because Young Sayuri and Ryōki are on the Evil side while the 3 sisters are on the Good side.

I hope they come out with more interesting bikini / panty designs in EV. The ones in SV were like one of three variations just in different colors. I like the one Asuka has in that picture.

SerTapTap

I'm afraid not, this was the best I could find at 1500x500 so it's not ideal, but I liked the design so much I didn't care. : P

I picked up the Hanzo set used from Solaris Japan 6 months back, and was lucky enough to have the figures arrive unopened!
I'll give it a shot, but the blurriness of even the 720p screenshots from Neptunia Rebirth 2 were too blurry for me so I'll probably pass.

And the figures are of course out of preowned stock/$180 new. Urg. I guess I'll have to spend around $90 before they get even pricier.

I hope they come out with more interesting bikini / panty designs in EV. The ones in SV were like one of three variations just in different colors. I like the one Asuka has in that picture.

Variety would be nice, but honestly SV's biggest problem was going through the list was a MESS. If they're going to be palette swaps, present one for each unique style and have a separate toggle for color. I just remembered a couple interesting lingerie numbers and everyone ended up wearing those because going through 90 outfits with like 8 different real styles was a huge pain. Also the lingerie had no descriptive names unlike the other costumes, also a big pain.

Oh I know that much, but realistically speaking and by a rough estimate how much would a monitor cost per year if it's used about 7-8 hours a day?

I want to say around 25W, so multiply that by time by whatever you're charged per killowatt hour I guess

I'll give it a shot, but the blurriness of even the 720p screenshots from Neptunia Rebirth 2 were too blurry for me so I'll probably pass.

And the figures are of course out of preowned stock/$180 new. Urg. I guess I'll have to spend around $90 before they get even pricier.

Variety would be nice, but honestly SV's biggest problem was going through the list was a MESS. If they're going to be palette swaps, present one for each unique style and have a separate toggle for color. I just remembered a couple interesting lingerie numbers and everyone ended up wearing those because going through 90 outfits with like 8 different real styles was a huge pain. Also the lingerie had no descriptive names unlike the other costumes, also a big pain.

I want to say around 25W, so multiply that by time by whatever you're charged per killowatt hour I guess

Im personally a number 39. :p

(It was 38 or 39 I believe. Dark blue.)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, it seriously needed to either just group similar styles/colors together or just have a better way of sorting them. It was a pain trying to remember which one was which by manually checking/applying each one.

Hmm I'm not sure my math is working right, I don't know exactly how much I pay right now though it should be around 0.16€ per kwh, how much would that be then? o.o

Chrom

Yeah, it seriously needed to either just group similar styles/colors together or just have a better way of sorting them. It was a pain trying to remember which one was which by manually checking/applying each one.

Wow, that sounds fairly tedious. Hopefully Estival Versus improves on that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, it'd be like, #6 & #32 were the exact same type of lingerie, but just a different color. Why they just didn't make it so you could choose the type, then the color makes no sense. Or perhaps 1 through 6 were the same kind, but different colors, then 7 though 12 was a different set.

Under $40 a year.

(Wattage x hours of use x kW/h price)/1000 = cost

Thanks but I'm still a bit confused, so the 25w estimate is per hour? That would be:

(25 x 8 x 0,16) / 1000 = 0.032 and that multiplied by 365 days = 11,68 so 11,68€ right? o.o

That's actually really not much in the grand scheme of things and actually feasible, thanks! :eek:

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

I picked up the Hanzo set used from Solaris Japan 6 months back, and was lucky enough to have the figures arrive unopened!

Was wondering where you got that pic from and PM'd you about it. Thanks for posting it. Thought maybe you had found it in a larger resolution.

TUSR

Banned
Thanks but I'm still a bit confused, so the 25w estimate is per hour? That would be:

(25 x 8 x 0,16) / 1000 = 0.032 and that multiplied by 365 days = 11,68 so 11,68€ right? o.o

That's actually really not much in the grand scheme of things and actually feasible, thanks! :eek:

25W is the device's power draw. I didn't see your below post, but when I did the <40CAD calculation I used 0.50$/kWh.

Also factor in the draw when its in rest mode since you probably won't be unplugging the monitor whenever you're not using it.

A gross estimate would be 15-20&#8364; a year.

Puruzi

Banned
What do you guys think about Hibari.

tumblr_mnks8dRcdy1sq3bjlo1_500.gif

Hibari is awesome, pure concentrated moe
I agree on her moe-ness and like her as a character, but I dread anytime I need to play her. Her range and animations are terrible. The butt smash move is her only saving grace, in those regards.

I feel similar with Minori. She's another one who I have no issues with as a character but hate playing as. Her saving grace is pancake death bombing.

Vylash

I agree on her moe-ness and like her as a character, but I dread anytime I need to play her. Her range and animations are terrible. The butt smash move is her only saving grace, in those regards.

I feel similar with Minori. She's another one who I have no issues with as a character but hate playing as. Her saving grace is pancake death bombing.

i dunno, Hibari took a bit of getting used to but once i adjusted she was perfectly fine

Hibari is at the bottom of my ranking list ... Give me Murasaki any day

I have no problem with this kind of character , but senran kagura has SO MANY differents character types that are more active and often have their own reason for their actions ( silly or not )

But hibari , it just feel flat..
the fact that 2 characters are actually deep intrested in her , just make it worse.

25W is the device's power draw. I didn't see your below post, but when I did the <40CAD calculation I used 0.50$/kWh.

Also factor in the draw when its in rest mode since you probably won't be unplugging the monitor whenever you're not using it.

A gross estimate would be 15-20€ a year.

Ah okay well hmm considering this I guess as soon as I have a new desk I will use my old 1080p TV as a second monitor (or rather third as my main TV is connected to my PC too) Maybe I'll have a bit Senran as my second wallpaper then :p Thanks! :)

Top Bottom