• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Estival Versus Import |OT| We All Worship At The Church Of Yumi

SerTapTap

So I'm hearing streaming is still locked down on this. Can we at least take pictures still? If we can share screenshots photo mode is mostly useless.

I'm pretty sure the broadcast block is different from the recording block. They'd be nuts to disable share. It was working last night but I have no idea if I got a patch.

i did that, pretty easy actually

Well it's as "easy" as playing, what, 2000 games in SV? 5 chapters with 5 levels times 4 schools times 20 characters. I'd rather abstain myself.

Demoskinos

I'm pretty sure the broadcast block is different from the recording block. They'd be nuts to disable share. It was working last night but I have no idea if I got a patch.

Well it's as "easy" as playing, what, 2000 games in SV? 5 chapters with 5 levels times 4 schools times 20 characters. I'd rather abstain myself.

Been reading 1.03 is out. Not sure if that is true as I'm stuck at work but we'll see I suppose.

I know we have all seen it but I am gonna share my get yesterday anyways!

zhYQ8UE.jpg

ShinMaruku

It's not the worst thing in the world, but she takes way too many frames to dramatically put away her sword at the end of her Square combo. It's probably less of a deal once she's leveled up and unlocks her full skill tree, and doesn't matter if you do an aerial rave. It just feels really unnecessary and pointlessly long. It's neat and dramatic but doesn't make sense at the end of a normal combo in a highly vulnerable situation.
You should try to dodge at the end of the string and see if that cancels the recovery frames.

Demoskinos

You should try to dodge at the end of the string and see if that cancels the recovery frames.

Yeah, that's your two options there. Jump or Dash it does cancel that. Its still annoying for sure though. Wonder if that was an intentional design choice.

Demoskinos

Also just ran home on my lunch break to test it out and yep. All share features still locked down it seems. You can take pictures but now its a big pain in the ass to get them online.

JPN is doing it wrong.

#10 [PSV] Senran Kagura: Estival Versus (Marvelous, 03/26/15) – 44,548 (New)
#12 [PS4] Senran Kagura: Estival Versus (Marvelous, 03/26/15) – 30,247 (New)

Demoskinos

JPN is doing it wrong.

Not surprising really, the PS4 hasn't taken off as well as previous sony consoles have for whatever reasons.

SerTapTap

Yeah, that's your two options there. Jump or Dash it does cancel that. Its still annoying for sure though. Wonder if that was an intentional design choice.

Ah, I'll try and remember that. Speaking of dodging, some characters have really weird mechanics. Mirai has a short backdash for a standing dash, and a super long range aerial one that is actually pretty nice.

JPN is doing it wrong.

Unsurprising. Hoping the Japanese PS4 games of this year help bump up the PS4 install base. Not a bad year in 2015 IMO. Meanwhile I can barely remember any Japanese PS4 games from 2014...onechanbara and...?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
PS4 is still considered rather new, I'd say. Plus some people probably want EV to be on the same system they got SV.

....Also portability(?).

Eolz

JPN is doing it wrong.

It's actually pretty good for the PS4 version seeing its current userbase in Japan. What is surprising is the Vita numbers, despite good total numbers.

Maid

Banned
BUT 1080P BOOBS......

All of your arguements are invalid to me, despite my undying love for the Vita.

The price difference, though. Also not like people would buy a console for one game, as I haven't seen the Senran userbase all move onto the PS4 yet. Like if suddenly they have a next Senran on Vita and XboxOne, would you buy it on your Vita or you buy the XboxOne for that one game? Not many would willing to do that, and 30k sale for PS4 is already better than I expected.

Theonik

The price difference, though. Also not like people would buy a console for one game, as I haven't seen the Senran userbase all move onto the PS4 yet. Like if suddenly they have a next Senran on Vita and XboxOne, would you buy it on your Vita or you buy the XboxOne for that one game? Not many would willing to do that, and 30k sale for PS4 is already better than I expected.
Just a 10k unit difference for how many million more Vitas though.
IT'S HAPPENING!

Actually I bought my PS4 for Killzone Shadowfall... :l

Josephl64

Ah, I'll try and remember that. Speaking of dodging, some characters have really weird mechanics. Mirai has a short backdash for a standing dash, and a super long range aerial one that is actually pretty nice.

Unsurprising. Hoping the Japanese PS4 games of this year help bump up the PS4 install base. Not a bad year in 2015 IMO. Meanwhile I can barely remember any Japanese PS4 games from 2014...onechanbara and...?

I was about to say Ryu ga Gotoku and quite a few others...but then I realized that all the ones I was going to list aren't PS4 exclusive and are shared with PS3 if that matters.

Maid

Banned
Estival Versus and Omega Quintet would be the first few JP games I bought for my PS4, so it's not like I don't understand why do the Japanese still hesitate.

Actually, make that the first few PS4 games I bought, because aside from Bloodborne I haven't made any full price purchase yet. I barely touched my PS4 since the day I bought it, too.
Actually I bought my PS4 for Killzone Shadowfall... :l

Because it doesn't exist on a platform you already owned. In my hypothesis, the game is released on 2 platform and one of them you already have, do you buy another platform just for it?

Because it doesn't exist on a platform you already owned. In my hypothesis, the game is released on 2 platform and one of them you already have, do you buy another platform just for it?

Me personally, I buy it for the best platform available if its something I am interested in playing. Or I buy it on multiple systems as is the case with SK and State of Decay.

In SOD's case, im buying an Xbox One just to play it on console again.

muteki

Probably not a factor, but I wonder if the vita vs. ps4's numbers are due to how discreetly it can be played on one platform vs. another.

Maid

Banned
Me personally, I buy it for the best platform available if its something I am interested in playing. Or I buy it on multiple systems as is the case with SK and State of Decay.

In SOD's case, im buying an Xbox One just to play it on console again.

That's why 30k for PS4 is way too good already, consider the install base. You can't just ask everyone to abandon the Vita and get the PS4 for just SK.

Theonik

1080pai is a system selling feature.

SerTapTap

Personally I would always buy the game for the "best" platform where applicable, that's why I happily got a PS4--not that I've been interested in many cross-gen games anyway, I don't get many WB/Ubi/Acti/EA games. I've scarcely seen a platform with only a couple of games I want to play on it but I have a pretty diverse taste in games.

Probably not a factor, but I wonder if the vita vs. ps4's numbers are due to how discreetly it can be played on one platform vs. another.

I dunno about that, lots of people play Vitas portable only and in your house is way more discrete. I wouldn't consider it a big factor. You'd need to have a shared house and play all at home for it to be a big deal

Maid

Banned
Personally I would always buy the game for the "best" platform where applicable, that's why I happily got a PS4--not that I've been interested in many cross-gen games anyway, I don't get many WB/Ubi/Acti/EA games. I've scarcely seen a platform with only a couple of games I want to play on it but I have a pretty diverse taste in games.

Not denying that, since Estival Versus and Omega Quinte are ones of the reasons I bought my PS4. It's the "future" that I was aiming for when I made my purchase, although it's a long period of regretting because I have nothing to play on until now. That's why I kinda understand why many people would rather wait and play the game on their Vita instead of purchasing a PS4 just for a game.

I still don't believe someone wrote that DAY2 scenario .

Someone was crazy enough to wrote something like this ... the dev team is trully something else.

*rips open SK EV Ps4 copy*
*puts in system*
*excitement rises*
*hears notification jingle with a patch notifcation*
129.20mb / 2.228gb (6 Hours Left)

Welp. Looks like I wont be playing tonight either.

SerTapTap

I didn't think they could do that, at least I hope they can't. I think I launched mine before patch but I could be wrong

SerTapTap

wait , so i can't upload pictures taken now ? is this a bug ?

i'm on PS4 and it says something about "restrictions"

Ugh they better not have. I'll test when I get home, I uploaded an image a day or two ago though. I wish they'd stop trying to maintain this "consoles r 4 kids" crap. If my twitter followers don't want anime boobies they can unfollow. It's not Miiverse.

Top Bottom