• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Estival Versus Import |OT| We All Worship At The Church Of Yumi

Demoskinos

Lol, the one time standby mode actually worked... lol

Ah well... I guess I'll just get the download started and hope for the best. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TRI Mike

Just started playing, I have a couple of questions.

1) My PS4 isn't letting my upload screenshots for the game, is it forbidden to upload if the game is from another region¿

2) The borders on my screen are outside the TV but I can't seem to find an option to adjust this. Help¿

Demoskinos

1) My PS4 isn't letting my upload screenshots for the game, is it forbidden to upload if the game is from another region¿

2) The borders on my screen are outside the TV but I can't seem to find an option to adjust this. Help¿

They locked the sharing down on this game because of the nude glitch.

What glitch¿ Can't they just patch the thing¿

They locked it in a hurry , and then they worked on correcting the bug.
But as you saw the last patch introduced more problems . so just wait for now..
You can still use the recorded footage in sharefactory and you can still take a picture of your picture if you wish to upload them on a social network of your choice in the meantime.

to adjust your screen size , just use the system adjust menu , it's in the setting of your console.

Demoskinos

They locked it in a hurry , and then they worked on correcting the bug.
But as you saw the last patch introduced more problems . so just wait for now..
You can still use the recorded footage in sharefactory and you can still take a picture of your picture if you wish to upload them on a social network of your choice in the meantime.

to adjust your screen size , just use the system adjust menu , it's in the setting of your console.

Actually that doesn't work. EV doesn't use the system level scaling for whatever reason. If you need to adjust you screen you need to turn overscan off on your TV or Monitor.

SerTapTap

Wait WTF is up with some save glitch? I have the retail version on PS4. Haven't run it since before 1.04. Should I just not play until another patch?

Actually that doesn't work. EV doesn't use the system level scaling for whatever reason. If you need to adjust you screen you need to turn overscan off on your TV or Monitor.

An annoying amount of retail games ignore the overscan (or scale UI only). Ideally of course, you set screen area to maximum and disable overscan on your display...some awful displays don't let you do that though.

Not regional, due to the aforementioned bug. Copy 'em to a USB drive and you can tweet 'em manually of course. Really wish they'd re-enable it already, I thought the bug was fixed in 1.03? Not like they're any more NSFW than a barbie doll.

Wait WTF is up with some save glitch? I have the retail version on PS4. Haven't run it since before 1.04. Should I just not play until another patch?

if you can save and load , then you aren't on the 1.04 version. All versions ( disc or digital ) on PS4 are affected.

Just play and save on a new slot in case you have a problem, if nothing happens, then you're fine, otherwise just deleted the glitched save and keep the old one .

SerTapTap

if you can save and load , then you aren't on the 1.04 version. All versions ( disc or digital ) on PS4 are affected.

Just play and save on a new slot in case you have a problem, if nothing happens, then you're fine, otherwise just deleted the glitched save and keep the old one .

FFS. Did they pull the patch from PSN? If so, you can delete the game and reinstall and it should get the latest non-broken one. If not...WTF

FFS. Did they pull the patch from PSN? If so, you can delete the game and reinstall and it should get the latest non-broken one. If not...WTF

The patch was removed on PSN . it only was up for 1 or 2 hours. but the PS4 update system worked too well i guess.

I was able to play sucessfully after redownloading the entire package with my old saves with no issues.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
My PS4 didn't download 1.04, so I was able to play the game on console without a problem. Finished the main story mode and am now on the individual character stories. That last fight was definitely the most challenging for me. Figured it would be a battle against Jasmine, but nope!

Demoskinos

My PS4 didn't download 1.04, so I was able to play the game on console without a problem. Finished the main story mode and am now on the individual character stories. That last fight was definitely the most challenging for me. Figured it would be a battle against Jasmine, but nope!

Her attack patterns weren't that hard to deal with especially since you get help but man... its just a slog she has SO MUCH health.

Lyte Edge

Her attack patterns weren't that hard to deal with especially since you get help but man... its just a slog she has SO MUCH health.

I made the mistake of trying that fight frantic mode-style and got destroyed the first time, lol. Beat it on the second try though.

The partner stuff felt pretty tacked-on overall. I wish they let you switch characters like in SK2. One thing I never figured out, though- are you able to revive a downed partner?

Demoskinos

I made the mistake of trying that fight frantic mode-style and got destroyed the first time, lol. Beat it on the second try though.

The partner stuff felt pretty tacked-on overall. I wish they let you switch characters like in SK2. One thing I never figured out, though- are you able to revive a downed partner?

Yep press circle next to her. And thing is you can revive her to full health an infinite number of times. And yes the partner stuff felt largely tacked on but the partner double team move stuff still looks pretty flashy and cool.

TRI Mike

Is anyone making a guide translating the menus¿ I remember someone on Gamefaqs did one for Shinovi Versus way back in 2013 when I imported it thinking the franchise would never be localized. That helped a lot.

My problem is tha, unlike Project Diva (another franchise I'm used to playing in Japanese), Senran Kagura menus use way too many kanjis and complicated text.

SerTapTap

Is anyone making a guide translating the menus¿ I remember someone on Gamefaqs did one for Shinovi Versus way back in 2013 when I imported it thinking the franchise would never be localized. That helped a lot.

My problem is tha, unlike Project Diva (another franchise I'm used to playing in Japanese), Senran Kagura menus use way too many kanjis and complicated text.

see this earlier post. Menus aren't really a big deal honestly. Main menu is the same SK menu as always with icons, on the start screen menu you just pick the first option every time until you're at the "diorama" menu with the icons, from which point you should be good to go. Level select has pictures (finally) and is basically just two big lists, very easy to navigate.

Probably my biggest annoyance is being unable to read the clothing item names, a problem solved by simply buying everything and trying out items instead of reading what they are which is only slightly slower.

Only kanji (or whatever) I recognize by now is "no" and "aaaaaaaaaa" and I get through fine. Takes some getting used to of course but it's mostly easy stuff. Easier than SK2.

Lyte Edge

Yes. Keep standing next to her.
Yep press circle next to her. And thing is you can revive her to full health an infinite number of times.

Thanks. That's weird, I tried that once or twice! Must not have been standing still long enough.

And yes the partner stuff felt largely tacked on but the partner double team move stuff still looks pretty flashy and cool.

Did you play Senran Kagura 2? This game has nothing on its two-girl super moves.

SerTapTap

Speaking of super moves, while canning the low health requirement for level 5 supers was definitely the right move, there's still absolutely no justifying 5 bars of meter being required for basically any of them. They should really turn them into 3 bar ones...some still need a buff for damage at that point. I swear some of them feel only as good as a level 1. Even level 2s sometimes feel wasted.

Going to guess real tag team stuff was canned due to ditching the school garbage, which I'm fine with honestly. The open story structure and "any level as anyone" is way worth it. I hope they never have another game caged by schools.

kiryogi

Banned
Thanks. That's weird, I tried that once or twice! Must not have been standing still long enough.

Did you play Senran Kagura 2? This game has nothing on its two-girl super moves.

Yeah there's actual personality and unique duo specials in SK2. From a moveset and game play prospective, SK2 still seems the better of the two. But EV is still solid all around and a massive leap ahead from SV. Plus High Fidelity SK!

Demoskinos

Some peoples supers are extremely situational. So yes if your out of position for some of them they will be minimally effective. There are a few though that are crazy good. One that instantly comes to mind is Imu's hers is basically brain dead as its huge AoE and even bumping up the difficulty I can one shot multiple boss characters if I pop it off as soon as they spawn.

I would say they just need to diversify more and judge each girls move set and supers and requirements. Cause honestly I think there are some 2 Scroll supers that are way way overpowered for the scroll cost.

I might also be a fan of them putting cooldowns on supers. Cause largely after you Shinobi Tenshin transform the combat just turns into super spam. Also a big believer that Frenzy should be overhauled.

TRI Mike

see this earlier post. Menus aren't really a big deal honestly. Main menu is the same SK menu as always with icons, on the start screen menu you just pick the first option every time until you're at the "diorama" menu with the icons, from which point you should be good to go. Level select has pictures (finally) and is basically just two big lists, very easy to navigate.

Probably my biggest annoyance is being unable to read the clothing item names, a problem solved by simply buying everything and trying out items instead of reading what they are which is only slightly slower.

Only kanji (or whatever) I recognize by now is "no" and "aaaaaaaaaa" and I get through fine. Takes some getting used to of course but it's mostly easy stuff. Easier than SK2.

Thanks a million. That's gonna prove to be extremely helpful from now on.

ShinMaruku

Only level 3 that I see balanced by the 5 bars and low Heath is Tin and Daidouji. I can't wait for them and Ayane... The beatings man the beatings.

SerTapTap

Some peoples supers are extremely situational. So yes if your out of position for some of them they will be minimally effective. There are a few though that are crazy good. One that instantly comes to mind is Imu's hers is basically brain dead as its huge AoE and even bumping up the difficulty I can one shot multiple boss characters if I pop it off as soon as they spawn.

I would say they just need to diversify more and judge each girls move set and supers and requirements. Cause honestly I think there are some 2 Scroll supers that are way way overpowered for the scroll cost.

I might also be a fan of them putting cooldowns on supers. Cause largely after you Shinobi Tenshin transform the combat just turns into super spam. Also a big believer that Frenzy should be overhauled.

Still, even if they were balanced I don't really like the inclusion of level 5 supers, they're extremely situational by default even BEFORE you consider that spamming level 1s is almost universally superior in every way (more invincibility, less risk if wiffed, almost always more damage, potentially hit more targets). Even if I didn't know they were useless, I barely even got to use them in the story (because you have to unlock them) and even after unlocking them I've barely used them.

Frantic is a bit weird, though I think it's balanced better in Estival--in SV it was basically a free win ticket, in Estival I found myself getting KO'd a lot more often if I tried it on a new, hard-ish level and the shinobi transformation was way safer.

More normal move variety would certainly be nice--mostly it feels kinda lame that triangle is always the same crap.

Supers do feel more balanced than in SK2 though. At least of what I played, boss fights in SK2 are straight up "spam attack until you can use meter, then you can do actual damage". It's a bit faster in Estival to use supers but you can take down bosses just fine without them too. Depending on the character, aerial raves feel faster than supers.

Demoskinos

There are some downloadable themes on the JP PSN store for Estival Versus....for PS Vita. :(

I would have gladly thrown down some yen to get a Estival Versus theme for my PS4.

SerTapTap

There are some downloadable themes on the JP PSN store for Estival Versus....for PS Vita. :(

I would have gladly thrown down some yen to get a Estival Versus theme for my PS4.

Ugh, I hate the regionality of stuff like themes. And of course they won't localize the themes until the game even though it's way less effort and most of us know the game is coming.

Lyte Edge

I'm looking on the JPSN store and don't see any Estival Versus themes. They put up four custom themes for Dekamori Senran Kagura on 4/21. That would explain why nothing is available for PS4.

Lyte Edge

The update was over 3GB, does anyone know what they added?

I checked it out briefly last night. Grandma Sayuri is now playable, however the character feels very much like she was "hacked into" the game. She does not appear on the character select screen and does not have her own levels or story. You can choose her on the level select screens for the main story and individual story levels. You can't transform, can't wall-run/attack, and she walks extremely slow, although you can still dash and her attacks are all pretty powerful, with a lot of range. I can see her being the top character online if she is available there. And if anyone is wondering, no, you can't customize her, lol.

Not sure what else was added. I noticed some additional outfits available for customization that all came from the new characters, but I'm not sure if those were made available after I cleared story mode or not.

SerTapTap

I checked it out briefly last night. Grandma Sayuri is now playable, however the character feels very much like she was "hacked into" the game. She does not appear on the character select screen and does not have her own levels or story. You can choose her on the level select screens for the main story and individual story levels. You can't transform, can't wall-run/attack, and she walks extremely slow, although you can still dash and her attacks are all pretty powerful, with a lot of range. I can see her being the top character online if she is available there. And if anyone is wondering, no, you can't customize her, lol.

Not sure what else was added. I noticed some additional outfits available for customization that all came from the new characters, but I'm not sure if those were made available after I cleared story mode or not.

Had no idea she was being added. Hope she's not in online, lol, but it's fun they added her. Kinda like using a fighting game final boss before they bothered actually balancing characters like that.

SerTapTap

What have the patches been for anyway? Aside from the nudie glitch I'm not aware of any issues. I guess granny was added too.

Top Bottom