• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Estival Versus Import |OT| We All Worship At The Church Of Yumi

ShinMaruku

I think they can at least prevent it from saving one at all? Some boring "chapter clear" and such trophies I've gotten have no pic attached.

Some trophies pop at just the right time though

edit: Unlocked Jasmine. Nice.

I like that they made her look and sound a bit older still instead of just dropping her down right into the teens like everyone else.

Well she's from an alternate alt timeline supposedly so of course she'd be around Rin and Daidouji's age.

SerTapTap

Beat the game, saw the ending coming obviously but still sad :(. Is it just me or is normal too easy but hard too "bullet spongey" if you never grind/do sidestories first? Kind of frustrating. I want the game to be harder but not if it's primarily in the "takes longer" sense. Bosses do seem more aggressive in hard too though.

Story-wise,
what is the deal with the red halo/green eyes thing on Ryona's sister?

OMG Ryona's block animation, when she gets hit. So good. Great attention to details.

Also, are there less clothes (not counting the swimsuits) than Shinovi Versus? Was kinda surprised how early the shop turned out to be full. Maybe it just seems that way because color options aren't 2 different clothes now.

Wrote up a little review of the game though I guess everyone in here probably already knows/will/did buy already. Did anyone ever figure out the arial super thing though? Miyabi's tutorial has you do it I think, something in the air, with triangle maybe? It was some cool special move I never managed to do again, not just a normal triangle in midair move. I felt stupid admitting I have no idea how to do it in a review since it's a new feature I think.

Maid

Banned
Wrote up a little review of the game though I guess everyone in here probably already knows/will/did buy already. Did anyone ever figure out the arial super thing though? Miyabi's tutorial has you do it I think, something in the air, with triangle maybe? It was some cool special move I never managed to do again, not just a normal triangle in midair move. I felt stupid admitting I have no idea how to do it in a review since it's a new feature I think.

Is it the arial chasing with R + O?

Damn, Jasmine. Using her reminds me of the first time I got my hand on Yondaime in Naruto fighting game on PS2. The overwhelming OP feeling.

Torraz

I'm stuck in jasmine nr 4 mission. After the first battle, where do you go? The arrow sort of points into the tree stump, but there is a purple barrier.

Thanks!

Figured it out. You are supposed to jump over the log...

To my surprise I saw that I am at 97 so I think I might get the platinum. Only have the store items trophy left.

Kinda disappointed in no maid clothes.

Fyi the panty lottery doesn't count toward the trophies.

SerTapTap

Figured it out. You are supposed to jump over the log...

To my surprise I saw that I am at 97 so I think I might get the platinum. Only have the store items trophy left.

Kinda disappointed in no maid clothes.

Fyi the panty lottery doesn't count toward the trophies.

No maid clothes?! Now that you mention it, yeah, that's pretty lame. No panty lottery trophy is a huge relief, it really sucks. I'll probably plat this one like Versus. I never parry (or block) normally so that's going to be a grind again if there's a parry trophy.

Is that what the second to last hidden trophy is?

Demoskinos

I really like cranking up the difficulty. Really forces you to parry and block a lot more or just get stuffed every time. Managed to beat Ryobi's side missions yesterday without transforming into tenshin or frantic mode once. Challenging especially when you're going up against 3 A.I. bosses one whom is Yagyu or Mari who are constantly pelting you from afar the whole time.

Torraz

No maid clothes?! Now that you mention it, yeah, that's pretty lame. No panty lottery trophy is a huge relief, it really sucks. I'll probably plat this one like Versus. I never parry (or block) normally so that's going to be a grind again if there's a parry trophy.

Is that what the second to last hidden trophy is?

There is no parry trophy.

The last trophies are related to the dressing room. The one you are referring to is probably the trophy for moving the position of an equipped accessory in the dressing room.

I was surprised that there were no new clothing options after whate seemed like the 5th or 6th day.

The plat is quite easy. You should have most of it if you complete the campaign and the mini campaigns.

SerTapTap

I have the move accessory trophy and the change pose in photo mode trophy for the dressing room, unsure what else it'd be, I've tried most things I think.

I really like cranking up the difficulty. Really forces you to parry and block a lot more or just get stuffed every time. Managed to beat Ryobi's side missions yesterday without transforming into tenshin or frantic mode once. Challenging especially when you're going up against 3 A.I. bosses one whom is Yagyu or Mari who are constantly pelting you from afar the whole time.

I wouldn't mind having to block and parry more, but when bosses take over twice as long to beat simply due to how much health they have I can't really find it fun. For me the game goes right from too easy to too slow/annoying, at least at around level 15 when playing the later story missions. I prefer hard modes where everyone loses health faster or enemies get different/better AI/attacks.

ShinMaruku

My main issue is the last sets where they make you have to play the stupid as hell mashing game which is rather stupid. I don't mind the difficulities when I switch to RIn and Daidouji, they allow me to bullshit the bullshit(Oh you want to parry my shit? I'm much more faster than you and will guard break you). I need to see Jasmine to see if she's as stupid as those two.

SerTapTap

The fights vs her in granny form are super BS but there's only like two of them. I haven't wound up in the stupid mashing game yet, is that still in Estival?

Demoskinos

Just had an odd sound glitch. Specifically when playing Minori's Girls Heart the voices during the Shinobi Tenshin transformations weren't playing. Odd.

Torraz

I have the move accessory trophy and the change pose in photo mode trophy for the dressing room, unsure what else it'd be, I've tried most things I think.

I wouldn't mind having to block and parry more, but when bosses take over twice as long to beat simply due to how much health they have I can't really find it fun. For me the game goes right from too easy to too slow/annoying, at least at around level 15 when playing the later story missions. I prefer hard modes where everyone loses health faster or enemies get different/better AI/attacks.

There are two trophies related to poses.

There is one where you have to change the pose once. Then there is a second trophy for which you have to cycle through every single pose (of which you might not have all yet).

SerTapTap

There are two trophies related to poses.

There is one where you have to change the pose once. Then there is a second trophy for which you have to cycle through every single pose (of which you might not have all yet).

Oh it must be that one then, I haven't messed with the dressing room since beating the game. Better trophies this time by far. No grinding ones at all I think.

I have never encountered any mashing game in EV in all of my playthrough.

Yeah I beat the game and didn't see it, I assume it's gone...when did it trigger again? Too many aerial raves against a boss character?

I'm not surprised if it's gone, they removed most of the problems Versus had. I'll even forgive the panty lottery somewhat since it's no longer a trophy...on the other hand, it's still just as annoying if you DO do it, and the rewards actually seem worse. I actually used some of the ones in Versus.

SerTapTap

I need to play with the dressing room more

CCtqDEeUMAAwXvw.jpg

SerTapTap

Whelp. You sold me on the dressing room. Have never touched it since the day I started the game.

The normal outfits are a bit limited (they could really do with splitting top/bottom/shoes into different items), but you can do some pretty cool stuff with accessories. Another big upgrade in the dressing room would be welcome though. It's now reasonably breezy to change up all the characters, but what you can actually do with them is a bit limited by full-body outfits instead of individual pieces and the limited colors each item has. Also a bit disappointed that Shinovi's full set of outfits didn't even make it over, but on the plus side no more low-res pantsu.

Still surprised and annoyed Hikage's tattoos are low res, collarbones and noses are also a bit blurry.

If you haven't used it, the dressing room is really zippy now. Didn't take more than a few minutes to give everyone fuzzy ears. In Shinovi I would have spent several minutes waiting for loading and swapping schools just to do the same, yuck.

TRI Mike

Found both versions in a random games store in NYC. Got the PS4 one, can't wait to try it out once I get back home.

I'm gonna need tons of help translating but I'm excited to play again as m'girl Ryona!

SerTapTap

Found both versions in a random games store in NYC. Got the PS4 one, can't wait to try it out once I get back home.

I'm gonna need tons of help translating but I'm excited to play again as m'girl Ryona!

It's really not too hard to get used to. Once you're in the main menu the options mostly have icons. Enjoy, game's great.

I'm stuck on a tutorial and it's driving me mad. It's the 2nd, 3rd, or maybe 4th tutorial. It starts out and you have to jump with x and air dash with o. After you do that a couple of times a swarm of enemies come and the instructions say to press x --> o into the center (my limited Japanese skill at work) and then it has square/triangle and is asking for me to do it three times. I managed once to do it once, but have no idea what I did and I have been playing this for quite a while. Can anyone help with this? Thanks.

SerTapTap

I'm stuck on a tutorial and it's driving me mad. It's the 2nd, 3rd, or maybe 4th tutorial. It starts out and you have to jump with x and air dash with o. After you do that a couple of times a swarm of enemies come and the instructions say to press x --> o into the center (my limited Japanese skill at work) and then it has square/triangle and is asking for me to do it three times. I managed once to do it once, but have no idea what I did and I have been playing this for quite a while. Can anyone help with this? Thanks.

IIRC, that one is asking you to get knocked down, then press either X/O to dash away or Square/Triangle to counter? Several times each, of course

IIRC, that one is asking you to get knocked down, then press either X/O to dash away or Square/Triangle to counter? Several times each, of course

I don't think is it. I just played it now and the character doesn't get knocked down when she's hit. Once in a blue moon she will see stars, but neither button combo does anything after she is stunned.

Demoskinos

Nearly done 100% the game. Need to do Yomi,Marai,Jasmine and Ryoki Heart missions and clear out the shop and I'll be done with the platinum. Then I might try for the rest of the panties in the lottery I'm like 70/120 and its getting rough...

Hopefully we get updates on the 1.04 update soon. I'd like to see Daiodji and Rin added soon. As well as cosmetic DLC. I'm kind of bummed by the limited amounts of costumes.

This is starting to get really frustrating. I can't seem to get past this tutorial. Let me give some more information. It is at the beach and you play as the girl with black hair pulled up in the back with a red scarf around her neck. The video that plays in the beginning shows this character talking to a blond that is making grabbing hands motion with both of her hands.

The first thing you do is jump with x and dash with o. Then you go forward to a group of barrels that make an --> arrow. Above the arrow are three different colored balls floating in the air. As you collect the balls, a group of pink enemy girls come out. It says something about pressing the x --> o and some kanji followed by another kanji that looks like the center. The next sentence has some kanji followed by square/triangle followed by some more Japanese. Then it says to do it three times.

I managed to do what they were asking once, but have no idea what I did. I tried getting hit like the above user commented, but that didn't work. Does anyone have any idea on what to do here or has anyone possibly posted youtube clips of the tutorials to help people out to get into this game? Thanks in advance.

Nyoro SF

This is starting to get really frustrating. I can't seem to get past this tutorial. Let me give some more information. It is at the beach and you play as the girl with black hair pulled up in the back with a red scarf around her neck. The video that plays in the beginning shows this character talking to a blond that is making grabbing hands motion with both of her hands.

The first thing you do is jump with x and dash with o. Then you go forward to a group of barrels that make an --> arrow. Above the arrow are three different colored balls floating in the air. As you collect the balls, a group of pink enemy girls come out. It says something about pressing the x --> o and some kanji followed by another kanji that looks like the center. The next sentence has some kanji followed by square/triangle followed by some more Japanese. Then it says to do it three times.

I managed to do what they were asking once, but have no idea what I did. I tried getting hit like the above user commented, but that didn't work. Does anyone have any idea on what to do here or has anyone possibly posted youtube clips of the tutorials to help people out to get into this game? Thanks in advance.

If I had a guess, that's the wall run tutorial. Hold joystick against the wall, jump (press X) and press O to get a wallrun. You have to be up against the wall for it to work.

So saves are messed up with retail copy?

Scratch that , my sengan kagura EV game ( PS4 ) crashed during loading on 1.04 ( i have the digital copy of the game. )

Thankfully i made a copy on a USB drive of my saves ( and there is PS+ save too ) .

It seems that there is a LOAD and save problem regardless of the copy of teh game used.

Does anyone know how to delete just the update and not the Game ??i don't wanna download 13gb again.

EDIt : too late deleted the game and started downloading the 1.03 patch (2.4 gb ) and the game ( 10.2gb)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Ugh...I hope my PS4 didn't automatically download this patch.

Mine probably did too. Fortunately I have a save stored in the cloud, from cross play with the Vita version, so I'm good. Will probably just stick with Vita until they get this sorted.

Ugh...I hope my PS4 didn't automatically download this patch.
Lool.

Mine probably did too. Fortunately I have a save stored in the cloud, from cross play with the Vita version, so I'm good. Will probably just stick with Vita until they get this sorted.

You won't have a problem with your save as long as you don't launch the game. See the moment where you load you save after the startup ? After this point , the game will either crash , or will run . if it runs , then the save to create bugs and crashes.If the game crashes ( you'll be stuck in loading ) then your old save will be fine.

As long as you don't try to load , you should be fine.

Top Bottom