• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Estival Versus Import |OT| We All Worship At The Church Of Yumi

Ken

I got Kafuru and the hammer girl, I think it's the same based on which version you get? Or is it random and did anyone get Renka?

Dolphin from PS4 CE.

Since the card and book are separate from the actual game, I assume retailers just have a stack of the book+card pack and throw them in?

kiryogi

Banned
So unlike Shinovi Versus. I actually really like estival versus. In fact I want to say it's the best Senran kagura to date aside from the lack of movement variety that SK2 has. So much more stage variety and additions. The finishers. And I really love the Mikagura girls. All 3 are super awesome unlike former additions like Minori. The story also takes a huge step forward in terms of tone and direction for the franchise.

SerTapTap

So unlike Shinovi Versus. I actually really like estival versus. In fact I want to say it's the best Senran kagura to date aside from the lack of movement variety that SK2 has. So much more stage variety and additions. The finishers. And I really love the Mikagura girls. All 3 are super awesome unlike former additions like Minori. The story also takes a huge step forward in terms of tone and direction for the franchise.

How is movement variety different in SK2? Dash/airdash is significantly different between characters (most evident in Mirai), I want to say some characters are a bit faster/slower to move too, though not as noticeable as the slower/faster attack animations. It improves over Versus very significantly, haven't really played enough SK2 to judge but I didn't really care for it, despite it being obviously better than Burst.

kiryogi

Banned
How is movement variety different in SK2? Dash/airdash is significantly different between characters (most evident in Mirai), I want to say some characters are a bit faster/slower to move too, though not as noticeable as the slower/faster attack animations. It improves over Versus very significantly, haven't really played enough SK2 to judge but I didn't really care for it, despite it being obviously better than Burst.
Err posting on phone. That should have been move variety.

Demoskinos

Katsu has some...admirers...

KQspN8O.jpg

A lot of the characters do feel better to play as. Exhibition one being Ryobi not feeling like garbage.

SerTapTap

Can you change hair colors? Or is X character's hair equipment always that character's hair color? I don't think I have those unlocked yet.

A lot of the characters do feel better to play as. Exhibition one being Ryobi not feeling like garbage.

Yeah Ryobi feels fine...only characters I don't like playing as are Minori and Hibari, they have like zero range on their normal square attacks.

Demoskinos

Can you change hair colors? Or is X character's hair equipment always that character's hair color? I don't think I have those unlocked yet.

Yeah Ryobi feels fine...only characters I don't like playing as are Minori and Hibari, they have like zero range on their normal square attacks.

You can't change the color on the default hair style but if you equip another hairstyle just like all other clothes/equipment you just press right on the d-pad to cycle through color options.

SerTapTap

You can't change the color on the default hair style but if you equip another hairstyle just like all other clothes/equipment you just press right on the d-pad to cycle through color options.

Ohhh I didn't notice that. I only gave different hair to Ryobi because her frozen hair weirds me out

Up to the start of chapter 8, pleasantly surprised at that new playable character! Seems pretty fun to use too.

Also pleasing to see some love for Renka in this thread. Definitely the best character.

SerTapTap

Anyone got a menu guide for how to play the online? I'm shy so I'm not sure I'll use it anyway but I definitely don't want to poke around with it not knowing what menus do

Demoskinos

Anyone got a menu guide for how to play the online? I'm shy so I'm not sure I'll use it anyway but I definitely don't want to poke around with it not knowing what menus do

Once you select multiplayer from the main menu the first option is "battle" the sub menu is create a room, join a room not sure what the 3rd option is on battle menu. 2nd option form main MP menu is ranking and not sure what the 3rd option on the main menu does...

So basically if you want to get into a quick match hit the first option then the second option.

kiryogi

Banned
LOL Shiki chapter...

Eeh!?
He,hello?
Baa-baseball? Cu-curry rice?

LOL WTF XD

And woo Jasmine. Holy crap. That said, definitely on another level like Rin/Daidouji, like it's clear as day she's older/mature and that much more powerful in her specials compared to the kids. She's just devastating like the older two.

Demoskinos

So here is an interesting thing I came across...

1. Take Shiki into the dressing room and make her base outfit a bikini.
2. Go into any level with her and then frantic
3. Once frantic get 5 scrolls and do her Ultimate Ninpo attack

The result being that she is now completely naked albeit with the beams of light covering her. It seems for whatever reason if you pick a swimsuit that disallows her from wearing her hat which must be what triggers her clothes reappearing after her super.

kiryogi

Banned
Man I was gonna start off With Minori is still the worst possible character to play as. Even Hibari is pretty awesome now . But man, just finished her day 7 story and that was pretty depressing. Dem feels.

SerTapTap

Man I was gonna start off With Minori is still the worst possible character to play as. Even Hibari is pretty awesome new. But man, just finished her day 7 story and that was pretty depressing. Dem feels.

Yeah I hate pretty much everything about Minori, but seeing her cry still isn't fun.

SerTapTap

Oh my god that was so sad. When she is just playing that game with kurogage and she just keeps on until she realizes that hes gone. T____T

Of all the things in the game to actually understand, why did it have to be that one.

What the hell is kurogage anyway I'm pretty lost at this point. Minori's was the last level I finished

Demoskinos

Of all the things in the game to actually understand, why did it have to be that one.

What the hell is kurogage anyway I'm pretty lost at this point. Minori's was the last level I finished

I'm surprised you don remember from SV. Kurokage is the one who founded Gessen and was Hanzo's former friend and peer their relationship grew apart after they formed different ideas of what true justice was. The gessen girls all refer to Kurokage as their grandfather because he basically raised all of them. Yumi in particular is obsessed with upholding kurokage's will. As to why he appears in EV I'm not entirely sure given the language barrier and my limited knowledge.

ShinMaruku

Also about Brackshadow
That's what Kurokagae means with engrish pronunciation. He was also enamored with Asuka's granny and they had epic battles to woo her, but I think she was loopy and went with Hanzo and gave his line OP genes. I mean her daughter and granddaughter are clones of her.. But yeah they had a falling out because Kurokage could never stand evil and went renagade until he lost his daughter and had to raise her daughter and other orphans to show him what true light is. I assume that's why Yumi's ascended form is as it is I need to bug mah people to find out more about that. Also the thing with 'evil' and 'good' shinobi is mainly what work they did as well as it is just bullshit to bait Youma out for both to murder.

SerTapTap

I'm surprised you don remember from SV. Kurokage is the one who founded Gessen and was Hanzo's former friend and peer their relationship grew apart after they formed different ideas of what true justice was. The gessen girls all refer to Kurokage as their grandfather because he basically raised all of them. Yumi in particular is obsessed with upholding kurokage's will. As to why he appears in EV I'm not entirely sure given the language barrier and my limited knowledge.

Ah, I didn't remember the name or voice but I recall that.

I freeze-framed Hikage's face in the intro and it's perfect
CCRlYvIWYAELkAg.png:large

CCRk5fBW0AA-J4O.png:large

CCRllS2W8AEec36.png:large

edit: looking through frame by frame (thanks capture card) there's a lot more going on in the intro than I realized (lol Ryona in a few scenes...)

Torraz

I'm stuck in jasmine nr 4 mission. After the first battle, where do you go? The arrow sort of points into the tree stump, but there is a purple barrier.

Thanks!

SerTapTap

I think every devellopper now need to change the trophy check moment , in order to not have screenshots from a loading screen.

I think they can at least prevent it from saving one at all? Some boring "chapter clear" and such trophies I've gotten have no pic attached.

Some trophies pop at just the right time though

edit: Unlocked Jasmine. Nice.

I like that they made her look and sound a bit older still instead of just dropping her down right into the teens like everyone else.

Top Bottom