• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sense8 S2 coming May 5th 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strax

Kinda shocked about this. Yeah it was the start of Netflix making their own stuff and people watched some of it because that but I've never heard anybody talking about this since it aired.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Bleh so much for that christmas /early new year date

This and marco having 2 year turn arounds is crazy

Reason why both of the series got Xmas specials. I was lost watching MP S2. I had to go reread plot points.

I will probably have to watch S1 over at this rate.

Geist-

I mean, ya, it sucks about the wait, but if 2 years makes a better show than 1 year, I'm fine with it. Just a few days before my birthday too, so it will be an excellent gift.

Kinda shocked about this. Yeah it was the start of Netflix making their own stuff and people watched some of it because that but I've never heard anybody talking about this since it aired.
Well, first reviews were bad, so media coverage went down, but as more people watched the entire season many viewers changed their minds about the show's quality.

I believe a good trailer will get the hype going

Geist-

Was the first season any good? I heard very mixed things
It's very polarising, most people either love it or hate it. Watch a few episodes and decide for yourself. Actually, no, the only way to figure out if you like it is to watch the whole thing.

Personally I love it and think it's the best thing the Wachowski's have done since The Matrix.

It takes some risky choices in that it doesn't rush to explain its sci-fi concepts, focusing on the characters and their confusion. It feels like a pilot SEASON, where at the end you feel like there's so much left to be explored and it didn't even scratch the surface.

Fortunately, it was a really fucking awesome pilot that drove me to watch the full season 3 times and has left me begging for more. So yes, I'd say give it a shot!

KarmaCow

There's some truly awful writing especially at the beginning and on its surface the character stories are very tropey but there are some great moments as well. The premise is just so good and the capitalizes on it enough times that I'm in to watch more of those moments and further exploration of what they can do with it. It's also a very positive show all things considered. It would have been very easy to make it dark and dreary but they avoided that.

If nothing else, the show is a marvel in how scenes were shot all over the world, months apart and still feel cohesive. It doesn't hurt that cast seemingly has great chemistry too. I'm kinda sad that they recast Capheus since he was such a great part of season 1 but hopefully the new actor can fit in. :(

gamz

It's very polarising, most people either love it or hate it. Watch a few episodes and decide for yourself.

Personally I love it and think it's the best thing the Wachowski's have done since The Matrix.

Yep. If you don't like it past ep 4 then it's not for you.

I love this series.

Alienfan

There's some truly awful writing especially at the beginning and on its surface the character stories are very tropey but there are some great moments as well. The premise is just so good and the capitalizes on it enough times that I'm in to watch more of those moments and further exploration of what they can do with it. It's also a very positive show all things considered. It would have been very easy to make it dark and dreary but they avoided that.

If nothing else, the show is a marvel in how scenes were shot all over the world, months apart and still feel cohesive. It doesn't hurt that cast seemingly has great chemistry too. I'm kinda sad that they recast Capheus since he was such a great part of season 1 but hopefully the new actor can fit in. :(

It's essentially a superhero show in which the superpower is friendship.The ability to have a friend at your side at any time who will listen to you and help you out. It's such a beautiful, uplifting concept, coupled with some of the most genuinely likable and empathic characters. What an amazing show, I laughed out loud, cheered and cried throughout, it's they made the show knowing every single one of my emotional pressure points.It's hard not to think about the show when "What's Up?" starts playing at a bar

RDreamer

Crazy, the fiancé and me literally just watched the first episode as they announced this. Both of us loved that episode and will be watching the whole season.

KarmaCow

It's essentially a superhero show in which the superpower is friendship.The ability to have a friend at your side at any time who will listen to you and help you out. It's such a beautiful, uplifting concept, coupled with some of the most genuinely likable and empathic characters. What an amazing show, I laughed out loud, cheered and cried throughout, it's they made the show knowing every single one of my emotional pressure points.It's hard not to think about the show when "What's Up?" starts playing at a bar

Yup, that scene is what defines the series for me. It works so much better after all the build up so I don't want to post the clip but if the show doesn't grab you after that, nothing will.

An-Det

Nice to finally have a date, though I do wish it was sooner. I'd completely forgotten about the Xmas special, so that's something to look forward to. Season 1 was awesome once it got going, so really glad we'll get more.

So true. I remember going to a club a few months after watching the 1st season and when the song started playing, people were freaking out and screaming the chorus before the vocals even began. And it wasn't about nostalgia, they were young people in their 20s or less. It was clearly because of Sense8.

It's surreal how the show took that song for itself.

DavidDesu

It's very polarising, most people either love it or hate it. Watch a few episodes and decide for yourself.

Actually no... I waded through the first few episodes not really caring all that much and then bam the show hit me like a ton of bricks. Lots of emotional scenes, refreshingly contemporary and progressive in an age where we're veering back into crazy right wing madness. Watch the whole thing, please, and I hope it will affect you in the same way. Even if the first few episodes don't click with you, persevere.

Geist-

You at least need to post the clip: https://youtu.be/TRJYCW_dCN4

This show basically sold me on the concept of becoming a part of a hive mind lol. That ever present sense of friendship and comradery and understanding is so...desirable to me.

Actually no... I waded through the first few episodes not really caring all that much and then bam the show hit me like a ton of bricks. Lots of emotional scenes, refreshingly contemporary and progressive in an age where we're veering back into crazy right wing madness. Watch the whole thing, please, and I hope it will affect you in the same way. Even if the first few episodes don't click with you, persevere.
I think you're right, now that I think back, I wasn't really hooked on the show until halfway through.

rexor0717

In my top 3 things Netflix has done, so I'm really looking forward to this. Too bad it's a ways off. I just want more Lito and Hernando.

singhr1

For me, it's when i hear "Hope There's Someone" - Avicii and I just think of Riley and smile

Mawnster

As someone who thought The Matrix was an okay movie instead of a 'OMG SO GOOD, IT'S A CLASSIC!' movie, I think this might be the best thing the Wachowski sisters have created. I really, really enjoyed it.

But it is true what some people have said. You either love it, or hate it.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I really got into season 1 after a rough start. Really excited there's a S2 after the rumors the budgets got so out of hand they they almost shut it down.

Do we know if Naveen Andrews is back?
Can't seem to find out

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I really got into season 1 after a rough start. Really excited there's a S2 after the rumors the budgets got so out of hand they they almost shut it down.

Do we know if Naveen Andrews is back?
Can't seem to find out

Netflix shows usually go dark until they are about to be released. I don't see why he wouldn't be back though.

Alpende

I really liked the first season so it's good to see season 2 is finally coming. Talk about a long wait though...

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
LOVED this show. It's a long wait but hopefully S2 will be at least on par with S1.

Its really a show you have to watch for yourself to decide, while I have friends with similar tastes who liked it a lot I got super bored after 3 episodes and just couldn't keep going, and I watch stuff like Big Bang Theory, Odd Couple, Killjoys, etc regularly so its not like i have a high developed sense of TV taste or anything. I love sci fi too but the show really felt more about friendship and social issues than science/tech.

gamz

Its really a show you have to watch for yourself to decide, while I have friends with similar tastes who liked it a lot I got super bored after 3 episodes and just couldn't keep going, and I watch stuff like Big Bang Theory, Odd Couple, Killjoys, etc regularly so its not like i have a high developed sense of TV taste or anything. I love sci fi too but the show really felt more about friendship and social issues than science/tech.

I'd watch ep 4. That's the where it hooks you are not.

Kurdel

Banned
Awesome, I loved the first one.

The finale of season 1 is some top shelf sci fi action, going all out on the sensate swapping was incredible.

So the two-hour christmas special (which will count as two episodes of season 2) was shown at Brazil's Comic Con Experience to a few lucky people. Spoiler:
apparently there will be a new clusterfuck in this. Merry Christmas!

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
So the two-hour christmas special (which will count as two episodes of season 2) was shown at Brazil's Comic Con Experience to a few lucky people. Spoiler:
apparently there will be a new clusterfuck in this. Merry Christmas!

That's kinda disappointing.

mantidor

As some have said stick with it until episode 4, although I would say to stick with it a couple of more episodes, it clicked with me around ep 6 and I could finally enjoy it, but I wasn't crazy about it if Im being honest.

mrkgoo

It's very polarising, most people either love it or hate it. Watch a few episodes and decide for yourself. Actually, no, the only way to figure out if you like it is to watch the whole thing.

Seems pretty accurate. I hated it overall. Some of the storylines I did quite like, and there were a lot of pretty people.

Still, I watched the train wreck until the very end....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom