• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

corey graves seems to be doing alright

10691618_865027853522533_59610711_n.jpg

Corey is gonna come out and announce that the #FilthParade is back and full swing and Corbin is gonna wreck him in two moves. He then gets quietly released

and rofl @ R-Ziggler, I thought it was just a house show thing

njean777

Let me ask you guys a question. would you work overnights, 12 hour shifts, for an 8k dollar raise?

IDK the human psyche isn't built for night work tbh. It screws with you and everybody that I have talked to that worked nights before or that are at this time do not like it at all. Some things to think about are friends and family, and your own health. The first because if you have friends that work days then it will be hard for you to stay on a schedule where you get enough sleep as everyday you are off you will be up when you are suppose to be sleeping, same with family. Then you have to think about your own mental health. If you are susceptible to depression or already have another mental health issue it could make it worse.

In other words no I wouldn't, to much work to keep a sleep schedule, and it can screw with your mental health. The human brain is not meant to work at night all the time, as light/day is when our brains naturally think it is time to be awake.

strobogo

Banned
IDK the human psyche isn't built for night work tbh. It screws with you and everybody that I have talked to that worked nights before or that are at this time do not like it at all. Some things to think about are friends and family, and your own health. The first because if you have friends that work days then it will be hard for you to stay on a schedule where you get enough sleep as everyday you are off you will be up when you are suppose to be sleeping, same with family. Then you have to think about your own mental health. If you are susceptible to depression or already have another mental health issue it could make it worse.

In other words no I wouldn't, to much work to keep a sleep schedule, and it can screw with your mental health. The human brain is not meant to work at night all the time, as light/day is when our brains naturally think it is time to be awake.

I worked over nights for 2 years and it was rad. The most minimal contact and work drama possible. I don't ever want to work anything but 3rds again.

Ultratech

Let me ask you guys a question. would you work overnights, 12 hour shifts, for an 8k dollar raise?

No joke, this sounds about almost what my sister does.

I prolly couldn't do it though; it'd completely mess up my ability to sleep and 12 hour shifts are brutal.

(I also suppose this depends on what this job is exactly.)

Carnby

Per check, or per year?

Per year.

I hear what you guys are saying... But I may have an opportunity to finally break into the career I always wanted, but it will require overnights (3 days a week, followed by 4 days a week, repeat).

I used to work 3 am to noon and that nearly killed me. There is nothing worse than waking up at 2 am, monday through friday. I think I could do this overnight shift. It will be hard because I have a family. But having 3 or 4 days off a week makes up for it.

I'm pretty sure I will take the job if it is offered.

JavyOO7

If those NXT spoilers I just read are true, then man... 1) I shouldn't had read it because now, 2) I'm so mad about a particular spoiler. Last time I read about NXT spoilers I think. Its a good show and I shouldn't spoil myself. =p

If these ain't true then I do apologize.

September 18th episode:

* Dash Wilder and Scott Dawson defeated Buddy Murphy and Wesley Blake in a dark match.

* Titus O'Neil comes out and threatens to hold the show up. Sami Zayn interrupts and rips on Titus for The Bunny. Titus threatens him and out comes Adrian Neville, who says he's the one to defend NXT. Tyson Kidd is out next. They cut promos and out comes William Regal. He announces Kidd and Titus vs. Neville and Sami for tonight.

* Charlotte defeated Emma.

* Hideo Itami defeated Justin Gabriel. The Ascension attacked Hideo after the match and laid him out with Fall of Man.

* Baron Corbin defeated CJ Parker.

* Titus O'Neil and Tyson Kidd defeated Adrian Neville and Sami Zayn.

September 25th episode:

* Bull Dempsey defeated Mojo Rawley.

* Tyler Breeze made his entrance and laid out Mojo at ringside. Breeze then defeated Justin Gabriel.

* Bayley defeated Alexa Bliss. Bayley called Charlotte out after the match and asked for a Takeover rematch. Charlotte said she would be honored and says see ya next week kid.

* Enzo Amore defeated Marcus Louis.

* Sin Cara and Kalisto defeated The Ascension to retain their titles. Hideo Itami distracted Ascension from the stage, allowing Lucha Dragons to retain. Konnor rushed Hideo on the stage after the match but Hideo took him out with kicks.

October 2nd episode:

* Charlotte defeated Bayley to retain her title.

* Hideo Itami vs. Viktor never starts when The Ascension destroys Hideo before the bell. Trainers and referees check on Hideo for several minutes.

* Baron Corbin defeated Troy McClain.

* Simon Gotch and Aiden English defeated Jason Jordan and Tye Dillinger.

* Adrian Neville defeated Tyson Kidd in a Last Chance match to retain. Titus O'Neil was sitting in the front row and got involved but Sami Zayn took him out. It was announced Kidd has no NXT Title shots left.

October 9th episode:

* Tyler Breeze defeated Mojo Rawley by submission.

* Hideo Itami defeated Viktor. Konnor appeared towards the end of the match and destroyed Funaki. The Ascension beat up Hideo in the ring and tied him up in the ropes. They made Hideo watch while they hit Fall of Man on Funaki. Funaki went out on a stretcher.

* Aiden English and Simon Gotch defeated Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady.

* Sasha Banks defeated Becky Lynch by submission.

* Titus O'Neil defeated Sami Zayn. Titus tried to attack after the match but Adrian Neville pulled Sami to safety. Sami and Neville had words.

Let me ask you guys a your thoughts.

I think Charlotte has all the right sets of moves to make it up to the main roster. I even think she has the look, and god knows she has the pedigree.

I think she needs to work on her match flow. There are unusual pauses during her matches.

The moves are great especially the figure 4 head lock (love that) She really just needs to have a flow to her work. I think its a little too much stop and go.

Am I wrong?

kirblar

Let me ask you guys a your thoughts.

I think Charlotte has all the right sets of moves to make it up to the main roster. I even think she has the look, and god knows she has the pedigree.

I think she needs to work on her match flow. There are unusual pauses during her matches.

The moves are great especially the figure 4 head lock (love that) She really just needs to have a flow to her work. I think its as little too much stop and go.

Am I wrong?
That's just an experience thing. She has everything else to break out huge.

Carnby

The Mick Foley episode of Monday Night War is laced with violence, yet the only parental advisory warning is S for Sexuality. Is this a joke?

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WCW Clash of the Champions XXXII 1/23/96

• Public Enemy vs Nasty Boys
  • That Motherfucker Dean Malenko vs Alex Wright
  • The Taskmaster vs Disco Inferno
  • Brian Pillman vs Eddie Guerrero
  • Blue Bloods vs Sting/Lex Luger WCW Tag Team Championships
  • Konnan vs Psychosis Mexican Heavyweight Championship
  • Ric Flair/The Giant vs Hulk Hogan/Randy Savage

A varied, but uninteresting show. Pillman finally seems like he's actually out of control and causes Brain to yell "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING" live on TBS. Liz showed up and was there, I guess. The wedding shit went on all show and was pretty terrible except for Harlem Heat corpsing hard at the end. Konnan looked AWFUL and it is amazing he didn't kill the lucha invasion on the spot. Of course no one knew who they were, so they got no reactions, but they were booing after the match. Konnan was blown up about 2 minutes in and completely gave up putting any effort in about 2 minutes after that. Regal was wonderful and the highlight of the show.

Fucking look at this shit:

Top Bottom