• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Carnby

Friend MrBoo001 is giving away two Smash Bros DS demo codes to Wrasslegaffers.

In about an hour I will pick two people at random who submits their current Fave Five with explanations as to why. Yes, you can half-ass it but let's not.

So, let's go. I'm assuming these are region-free so mrboo chime in if they ain't.

Great.

Fav five condiments

5. Ranch (great with wings)
4. Mustard (great with hot dogs)
3. BBQ (great on meat)
2. Tobasco (great on almost anything. Fries, burgers, eggs, spaghetti)
1. Ketchup (Goes on everything)

Fave five what? Also I need to get a new 3DS as I forgot my last one in a hotel room that we trashed so I don't feel right calling their lost and found.

Carnby

Do you guys import video games? I ordered a physical copy of Infamous: First Light from Amazon.co.uk. I won't see it until Oct 2nd. I'd rather wait and actually own the game. I also get physical copies of games, even if it means importing.

Hasney

In about an hour I will pick two people at random who submits their current Fave Five with explanations as to why. Yes, you can half-ass it but let's not.

So, let's go. I'm assuming these are region-free so mrboo chime in if they ain't.

t1410557400z3.png

US only?

t1410557400z3.png
Think it might be US only since they're being given away by NoA.

Raw64life

Saw the beginning of the Treehouse during my lunch break. Checked my e-mail but never got any codes even though I meet all the requirements. Took one look in the code sharing thread and NOPE.

t1410557400z3.png

Cool.

1. Kazuchika Okada - had limited exposure to NJPW up until a few months ago but these guys won me over when I went to the ROH/NJPW show in May. G1 Climax made these guys invade the fuck out of my fave 5, which previously would've only been WWE guys as I don't really follow indies and have given up on TNA permanently. Out classes WWE from a pure wrestling standpoint by a wide margin.
2. Shinsuke Nakamura - see #1, plus dat swag.
3. Dean Ambrose - I thought he was going to get left behind after The Shield broke up. Happy to be proven wrong. I've bought in.
4. Minoru Suzuki - Won me over during the G1 Climax. He doesn't get nearly as much credit as the NJPW main eventers do I was stunned to find out that motherfucker is 46 years old. Moves like a track star compared to Tenzan who's actually 3 years younger than him.
5. Rusev - Best selling I've seen in years. Rusev boadia, Rusev, bachka.

Edit: honorable mention to Strong Man, because muscles > *

mrboo001

Banned

t1410557400z3.png

I believe they are North American only.... I have no clue but knowing Nintendo I would not be surpised. Anyways, hope you guys have fun!

Oh right, I'm Canadian. Gonna have to try harder than that to get a fave five outta me Vinny

I'm Canadian too but I got the codes. Nintendo of America covers USA and Canada.

somedevil

Well Raw and Smackdown is now going to get more interesting:

Several top WWE NXT talents are booked for the next few weeks of WWE TV tapings for the main roster. NXT Champion Adrian Neville, Sami Zayn and Tyler Breeze are all booked for next week's RAW in Lafayette and next week's SmackDown tapings in Biloxi.

Triple H noted earlier this week in a conference call that they are open to doing a lot more cross-promotion between NXT and the main roster. With NXT stars booked for upcoming main roster tapings, this could be the start of more cross-promotion.

So Hideo Itami/Kenta will be on Raw pretty quickly then if this goes on.

t1410557400z3.png

Fave Five Smash Bro Characters and their WWF New Generation counterparts

1. Captain Falcon (Thurman "Sparky" Plugg)
2. Pikachu (123 Kid)
3. King Dedede (King Mable)
4. Kirby (Bastion Booger)
5. Dr. Mario (Issac Yankem)

Sephzilla

And after the match HHH walks out to the ring and says "You can see more action as great as this, plus more, for the cheap monthly cost of"

uKuBunO.gif

jmdajr

Here's an article for Sunny and for all of you to enjoy!

The Booty-Eating Renaissance

qcylmdqukwkbklfmzo1f.png

The openness of black male celebs talking about their love of tossing salad is refreshing, however, it is important to note that all of this talk of eating booty has been decidedly one-sided—"real niggas" eat booty, but do "real niggas" get their booties eaten?

Discuss

Downhome

Man, watching this Benoit/Guerrero match on the 7th episode of Nitro is just something else, for so many different reasons.

Benoit, Guerrero, and even the ref Randy Anderson, all dead.

Oh it does work in Canada?

Fave five Dean Ambrose gifs sponsored by Buzzworthyclick:
3871528-4779908932-tumbl.gif

America ca. December 7th, 1941

i356qkPES7nbz.gif

Roommate drank the last of my juice

dean-ambrose-1089.gif

Booze or gym?

gZxfsxQ.gif

Whenever someone from wrasslegaf offers a handshake

tumblr_mxlk5bYTg41sbzhteo1_400.gif

Me irl whenever I put on a suit

BFIB

Man, Hogan in early '96 was fucking unbearable.

"Hey Macho, your my friend. Your the best. We're going to take down the Dungeon of Doom. BUT I'M BETTER THAN YOU BROTHER! YOUR GETTING MY TITLE SHOT! HEY, WHY YOU WALKIN' AWAY MACHO!? WE'RE FRIENDS MAN!"

krae_man

LOL Cena loses one match and Vince freaks out and demands he be booked stronger.

Edit: Were those smash codes given away to all Platinum members? Because I didn't get any. I don't want one, but I'd hand mine out to people who do.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WCW MONDAY NITRO 1/21/96

Deep in the heart of Vegas.

• Randy Savage vs Ric Flair WCW Championship
  • That Motherfucker Dean Malenko vs Brian Pillman
  • Harlem Heat vs Lex Luger/Sting WCW Tag Team Championships
  • Hulk Hogan vs One Man Gang

Macho finally calls Hulk out on being an obnoxious asshole and puts him in his place. Lex cheats to win, but Sting doesn't know. TMF got an applause break. Hulk completely chewed up OMG, who had only been back in the company since WW3 and had won the US Championship at Starrcade in a dark match. Hulk destroyed him for no reason other than stupid ego. There were four other guys in the DoD he could squash (in the main event, while the title match went on first) that weren't holding the second most important title in the company. Hulk is way past Cena at his worst.

Clash of the Champions is tomorrow. LOD will reunite. Liz and Kevin Greene will be in the corner of Hulk and Macho.

LOL Cena loses one match and Vince freaks out and demands he be booked stronger.

Edit: Were those smash codes given away to all Platinum members? Because I didn't get any. I don't want one, but I'd hand mine out to people who do.

Smash codes are given to selected platinum members and they are also given 3 to give to others. I'd rather them have given 1 code to each platinum member but whatever.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ok drawing is done, will be PMing winners. Thank mrboo001 for the giveaway!

TL21xx

Banned
Smash codes are given to selected platinum members and they are also given 3 to give to others. I'd rather them have given 1 code to each platinum member but whatever.

Yeah, kinda feel that way myself. I'll admit, I'm probably sore since I haven't gotten a set yet and have been platinum for three years running now. Maybe the fact that I missed grabbing my platinum reward this year is why...?

Thanks to Sunny's fucking booty thread, I somehow merged two threads into one in my head:

The NFL's Nightmare Continues: The Booty-Eating Renaissance

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks to Sunny's fucking booty thread, I somehow merged two threads into one in my head:

The NFL's Nightmare Continues: The Booty-Eating Renaissance

you should make a topic about it

To be fair, the main roster is not the problem, at all. They can and do work their ass off as much as the NXT guys.

What NXT (Takeover) does do though, is expose just awful and shitty WWE main's booking and creative is. Take the women's match for instance, I posted this in response to Bryan Alvarez's great review on how amazing Charlotte was last night:

And that is a huge problem. You have a match on Raw that has AJ, Paige and Natalya in it and you manage to have it suck. For one, you put Rosa Mendes in there, who can't work a damn and have her work the entire two minute match. You don't let them wrestle, you don't do anything with them. You give two of the women an angle that isn't worth much anyways, but give them so little time and room to work it in, it's never going to be good even if it had the potential to be. And the other two women simultaneously work an angle IN THE SAME MATCH, to promote the reality show. So in two minutes, you're doing a match, while trying to shoehorn TWO SEPERATE ANGLES into it.

ON SIX HOURS OF WEEKLY TELEVISION! A TWO MINUTE MATCH! FOR TWO DIFFERENT ANGLES!

And then you wonder:
1. Why the crowd doesn't care.
2. Why your ratings drop.
3. Why nobody buys your Network.
4. Why women aren't taken seriously.
5. Why the crowd keeps chanting CM Punk instead of the women in the ring (as an aside, kudos to the NXT crowd for booing the fuckers trying to chant CM Punk yesterday)

Just using the women as an example here, but it goes across the board. NXT is run by a handful of agents and bunch of students and it completely blows anything the hundreds of main WWE people manage, everyone in upper management and creative, from Kevin Dunn to Vinny Mac and Trips to the soap opera writers should be fucking ashamed for managing to fuck up what is, arguably, the greatest roster of wrestlers in the history of wrestling.

All that talent on the main roster at your disposal and yet: your talent in training, a handful of old-school talent agents like Regal and Dusty and a bunch of Full Sail students completely show you up. Wow, that should be the most humbling experience ever.

I thought that was because those fans were assholes who don't know how the fuck to let anything go and who think chanting for someone's husband during their match is some bullshit form of "support".

I agreed with pretty much everything else.

Top Bottom