• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

iqloPtAsTS7m1.gif

Alucard

Banned
Survivor Series could be really good:

Swagger, Cena, Henry, and Show vs. Rusev, Cesaro, ...

Uhh, nevermind. Not enough foreign heels or good heels period.

Recall

2007, I think.

Batista vs. Undertaker, Hell in a Cell
Orton vs. Shawn Michaels
Team Triple H vs. Team Umaga

That sounds pretty great.

It's such a shame that there is usually only one survivor series match or maybe that's for the better because they weren't always the best but they are the reason for the PPV. Watching people lose to moves they never normally lose to.

RBH

LaCQFjF.jpg

Does anyone have the In Your House DVD/Blu-Ray? Just curious how it is. I'm deciding between this and the Sting Blu-Ray and just needed some advice.

Plus, look who's hosting it!

71462525381480841941163.png

iyhtoddhosting1.jpg

strobogo

Banned
It was good since most of the best matches of the New Gen took place on IYH, and it took all the best matches. But you could just watch them all on the Network.

Alucard

Banned
So, there are marks and smarks in the world of wrestling. All of us here line up with the smark tag, but do you actually identify with it?

I kind of think of myself as a self-aware mark.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WCW Monday Nitro 6/10/96

• Booker T vs Scott Steiner
  • Jim Powers vs DDP
  • Meng vs Sting
  • Dave Taylor vs Jim DOOGUN
  • Scott Norton vs The Giant WCW Championship
  • Billy Kidman vs Steven Regal
  • Nasty Boys vs Public Enemy
  • Sting/Lex Luger vs Arn Anderson/Ric Flair WCW Tag Team Championships

It was not a good show. It was a bad show. It was also the go home show for GAB and probably made a good chunk of people change their minds on ordering the show. Just heatless, bad flow, and barely did anything to actually sell you on the PPV. Nastys vs PE was AWFUL. Like holy shit bad. Those two teams trying to wrestle a straight match with no weapons, plus Grunge had a broken arm. It was a bad normal show, but a terrible go home show.

The big story is that Kevin Nash was the big surprise. My big homie. But his debut came off a bit flat when he tried to sound educated, but labeled "play" as an adjective, said "ain't" in the next sentence, then went on to make a Hitler/Marge Schott reference. Marge Schott was apparently a fantastically racist woman who owned the Cincinnati Reds and was banned for saying she supported Hitler's domestic policies about a month before this show.

strobogo

Banned
Stro, you have to admit there was at least one time you truly liked Konnan the wrestler.

There indeed was never a time when I liked Konnan. At best I enjoyed doing the rolling clothesline in Revenge. I thought he was terrible even as a dumb kid and what I've found is that he was terrible even in his physical prime, working with the best people in the world to make him look good. Konnan is a guy who is seemingly preternaturally so bad that he can have matches with Hypnosis/Liger/Eddie and look awful.

gaiadyne

WWE 2K14 is very well polished. Also for realism's sake, Hulk Hogan randomly took Ambrose's spot in the WM main event despite him being the RR winner, and won the belt from Bork. Until I cashed in on him with Angle.

Bonus pic:

Brock Lesnar has won the Paul Heyman

Heyman on a pole match?

RP912

Banned
One time in my universe mode on wwe 2k14, Daniel Bryan was supposed to be booked to face the rock for the wwe title. How the hell Billy Gunn ended up taking his place and I haven't seen bryan in my universe ever since then.

C.O.N spiracy

One time in my universe mode on wwe 2k14, Daniel Bryan was supposed to be booked to face the rock for the wwe title. How the hell Billy Gunn ended up taking his place and I haven't seen bryan in my universe ever since then.

C.O.N spiracy

At Wrestlemania, the WWE title match between The Rock and Stone Cold played second fiddle to the true main event: Bret Hart vs R-Truth for the IC title. Which Truth won.

RP912

Banned
At Wrestlemania, the WWE title match between The Rock and Stone Cold played second fiddle to the true main event: Bret Hart vs R-Truth for the IC title. Which Truth won.

Your universe mode sounds awesome as hell. I wish the IC belt was in one of my main events :(. The divas title headlined my NXT ppv. It was a amazing match for what its worth though.

Carnby

True...but it's not a must to see every last one. Hell I still need to see wrestlemania 19 and 20 but too lazy to watch it.

But how can I call myself "The biggest wrestling fan ever" at my place of employment and still sleep at night, knowing that I am a liar. They all think I've seen every WWF pay per view ever, yet I haven't even seen every WrestleMania. ...I'm a fraud.

Top Bottom