• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Anth0ny

ibmgW0luvSMDGj.gif

YOU FOOL! YOU FOOL!

I don't know, this is definitely on my list of "Realistic things people say during actual fights"

Along with "What can I say? It's the season premiere."

Alucard

Banned
Bootaaay, I got your back in regards to indie wrestling...and in regards to Jericho vs. Orton at NoC. Very good match. But I also enjoyed Jericho vs. Kane a fair bit, soooo...

Sometimes, indie matches can be a little ridiculous in terms of their pacing and car crash nature. The lack of selling is the worst part. However, that's only one part of indie wrestling, and a good car crash match can be a great way to start a show or to wake a crowd up. There are TONS of indie matches with good psychology and selling, and they all have a variety of styles.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
wooooooooooooooow

New name: Kyle Edwards

WWE picking up all the Toronto talent.

John Pollock next?

Honestly, it would be very smart to grab Pollock. Man has an insane work ethic, is well spoken and gets his points across easily. He would be a great fit.

somedevil

Wow didn't know there was a rumor going around that Brock missed Raw due to health problems. This came from a writer from whatculture because on how Brock changes colors during a match. Then the Washington Post picked up this idea. So WWE had to respond to that to saying he doesn't have a health problem.

Its funny because he was not scheduled for Raw at all and might not even be on Hell in Cell.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
real talk, Pollock would be a great fit but he's miserable enough just watching WWE, he'd probably kill himself if he had to work there

Dunno...if he cut down on all his projects and just focused on WWE work I bet he could love it.

strobogo

Banned
And since we're talking about powerbombs. Here's C**** B***** doing one. Which you don't see that often.
benoitpowebombq2dnw.gif

And then here's Otani submitting his application to perform for EVOLE shows
otaniddthpsua.gif

Wtf you talking bout son, Benoit did powerbombs all the time

Bootaaay, I got your back in regards to indie wrestling...and in regards to Jericho vs. Orton at NoC. Very good match. But I also enjoyed Jericho vs. Kane a fair bit, soooo...

Sometimes, indie matches can be a little ridiculous in terms of their pacing and car crash nature. The lack of selling is the worst part. However, that's only one part of indie wrestling, and a good car crash match can be a great way to start a show or to wake a crowd up. There are TONS of indie matches with good psychology and selling, and they all have a variety of styles.

The problem with indie wrestling is the same as indie music. Instead of being wrestling/music that is independent of major labels/companies, it somehow became a genre and style.

WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley has posted a new blog on his Facebook page, and the following are some highlights:

“I think it’s about time you guys out there give me my props. Did I, or did I not predict that the first waves of #SandowMania would be crashing down upon your shores at any moment? I will grant you that those first waves took a little longer to crash down upon you then I had thought. But brother, here they are! There is no denying that Sandow has taken whatever was given to him and done his very best with it – sometimes falling, but never failing to put his very best effort into everything that came his way. And, now, with Damien Mizdow, he has come up with a character that has become must see TV on WWE Monday Night Raw.”

“I think it’s only natural to overlook the contributions Dustin Runnels, as Goldust has made to #WWE since his return last year. At that time, after participating in one of the matches of the year with his brother Cody, I wrote a post, wondering if Dustin just might have one more run left in him. What a run it has been! While it is impossible to capture the emotion that fueled that first big comeback match on PPV, Dustin has been consistently excellent since his return, and his character had provided the needed spark for his brother Cody to become a genuine Superstar in WWE. Well done!”

Gonzalez

Banned
Wow didn't know there was a rumor going around that Brock missed Raw due to health problems. This came from a writer from whatculture because on how Brock changes colors during a match. Then the Washington Post picked up this idea. So WWE had to respond to that to saying he doesn't have a health problem.

Its funny because he was not scheduled for Raw at all and might not even be on Hell in Cell.

I don't know if it's a good sign, or not, but Brock didn't sweat as much as he did in his other matches during his recent WWE run at NoC.

Cagey

Banned
Damien Sandow is still my dude, and this stunt double character is all kinds of funny, but it necessarily means he's on-screen the same time as The Miz, and that's something I refuse to subject myself to.

Damien FFWDow for the foreseeable future.

Zach

WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley has posted a new blog on his Facebook page, and the following are some highlights:

“I think it’s about time you guys out there give me my props. Did I, or did I not predict that the first waves of #SandowMania would be crashing down upon your shores at any moment? I will grant you that those first waves took a little longer to crash down upon you then I had thought. But brother, here they are! There is no denying that Sandow has taken whatever was given to him and done his very best with it – sometimes falling, but never failing to put his very best effort into everything that came his way. And, now, with Damien Mizdow, he has come up with a character that has become must see TV on WWE Monday Night Raw.”

“I think it’s only natural to overlook the contributions Dustin Runnels, as Goldust has made to #WWE since his return last year. At that time, after participating in one of the matches of the year with his brother Cody, I wrote a post, wondering if Dustin just might have one more run left in him. What a run it has been! While it is impossible to capture the emotion that fueled that first big comeback match on PPV, Dustin has been consistently excellent since his return, and his character had provided the needed spark for his brother Cody to become a genuine Superstar in WWE. Well done!”

Mizdow is great. I'm only judging based off the handful of gifs you guys have posted, though. Maybe it'll get old soon... I dunno.

And when the Dusts inevitably split up, I randomly want to see them feud over the... wait for it... U.S. Championship! Hey, if it has to stay around, might as well try to increase the value. I think these guys feuding will be interesting and putting the U.S. belt into the mix adds a little prestige. And Dustin was the champ waaay back in WCW, so that's fun.

jred2k

Whoa! Arda Ocal to WWE?

Cool to hear. He was pretty instrumental in getting the show Raw/Smackdown post-show called Aftermath started up on The Score here in Canada. He has experience doing commentary for indies up here as well. A lot of the commentary seats seem to be taken up right now so it would cool if they got him doing original content for the network.

Rumors are that if TNA gets a new home, it's WGN America.

A station that is on less homes, has a sub-SyFy budget, and that I don't have. Works for me.

RP912

Banned
Rumors are that if TNA gets a new home, it's WGN America.

A station that is on less homes, has a sub-SyFy budget, and that I don't have. Works for me.

Seems reasonable compared to the stinking corpse known as spike tv.

That's actually a great deal honestly.

RP912

Banned
Lat time I bought a PWI was in 1996 and it was the PWI 500 edition.

Good read btw. There was a wrestling booking game I really wanted to get in that book but 39.95 money order though :/.

Top Bottom