• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

strobogo

Banned
True...but it's not a must to see every last one. Hell I still need to see wrestlemania 19 and 20 but too lazy to watch it.

19 and 20 are pretty good. You should watch those.

From 19: HBK/Jericho, McMahon/Hogan, Brock/Angle, Booker/HHH are definitely worth watching. Rock/Austin is fine but I find it hard to watch because Austin looks like he's in a lot of pain during the whole thing.

From 20: Christian/Jericho, Evolution vs Rock n Sock, Eddie vs Angle, and the triple threat.

somedevil

Some Wrestling Observer News on Vince:

News people here will perceive as good:

Right now, Vince McMahon has had and still has a rule that nobody from Total Divas can get the Divas title. People have said that privately and Brie Bella let it slip during an interview, and it’s been confirmed to us that as of right now, that’s the rule.

Then there is the really bad news:

Mondays are usually crazy but 9/22 in Memphis was far more crazy than usual. Vince McMahon decided at about 6:40 p.m. to rewrite the entire show, which, among other things, shows a show can be written in less time than they usually spend writing it. I said a show, not necessarily a good show. When the show started at 8 p.m., they weren’t finished writing the show. During the afternoon, WWE sent out that Orton vs. Ambrose would be the TV main event, only to open the show with the change to Cena vs. Orton and Ambrose vs. Kane. There was probably the fear of what has been happening, which has been huge audience turnoffs in hour three when they put the wrong people in the last segment. The pattern of late has been third hour as the lowest, and this week that wasn’t the case, even though Cena vs. Orton in the anchor spot felt like it’s been done to death.

Explains Orton vs Ambrose earlier

RP912

Banned
19 and 20 are pretty good. You should watch those.

From 19: HBK/Jericho, McMahon/Hogan, Brock/Angle, Booker/HHH are definitely worth watching. Rock/Austin is fine but I find it hard to watch because Austin looks like he's in a lot of pain during the whole thing.

From 20: Christian/Jericho, Evolution vs Rock n Sock, Eddie vs Angle, and the triple threat.

I'll check those out tomorrow. Been meaning to see Hogan vs Mcmahon.

Some Wrestling Observer News on Vince:

News people here will perceive as good:

Then there is the really bad news:

Explains Orton vs Ambrose earlier

Fuck Vince. So instead of a match that fans want to see...lets put on a match that the fans are tired of seeing. WWE Logic.

On another note...back on this wcw/wwe rant. I like how WWE makes it seems like WCW was a mess booking wise when WWE been hitting gutter balls with their wacky curve-ball booking like last monday.

Carnby

^
Agreed. WWE became WCW, a crappy wrestling organization with talented wrestlers that over shadowed by "legends" and awful booking.

FyreWulff

So, they create Total Divas presumably to help get female wrestlers over.

Nobody from Total Divas is allowed to get over.

What the fuck.

somedevil

Some funny news:

Reigns and Daniel Bryan should both be returning at about the same time.

I bet they are planning a way to try lessen Bryan huge pop to make Reigns look better.

Plus it seems that WWE is interested in Adam Cole once his ROH contract runs out.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
iDwux4Tuhb11o.gif
Nightmare fuel.

Alucard

Banned
Some funny news:

I bet they are planning a way to try lessen Bryan huge pop to make Reigns look better.

Plus it seems that WWE is interested in Adam Cole once his ROH contract runs out.

WHAT @ Adam Cole news. @_@ I mean, he totally deserves a ton of money for being awesome. Wish him the best of luck if he ever makes it down to NXT and/or the main roster.

RP912

Banned
Some funny news:

Cole seems like a perfect lad to the WWE since he's the most boring wrestler in ROH. He'll fit right in like a mitten.

Alucard

Banned
Blimey, Austin Aries just hit a brainbuster on Knux, who is literally twice his size.

Sounds awesome.

I'm reading a live report. Low Ki vs. MVP got 13 minutes to start the show and put on a good match? I'm pumped.

And Aries is always gold in the ring.

Ithil

Some funny news:

To the surprise of no one. He's young, talented, good looking and a good talker. WWE was always gonna come knocking.

Alucard

Banned
Cole seems like a perfect lad to the WWE since he's the most boring wrestler in ROH. He'll fit right in like a mitten.

I disagree completely about him being boring. He radiates star power in that ring. His cowardly heel spots are the best cowardly heel spots in wrestling today. He could do wonders and JR would love him for "being an old-school heel."

RP912

Banned
I disagree completely about him being boring. He radiates star power in that ring. His cowardly heel spots are the best cowardly heel spots in wrestling today. He could do wonders and JR would love him for "being an old-school heel."

I'm going by the time I was watching ROH during the Cornette days. He probably progressed which is good to know but when I watched him...I wasn't really impressed, then again I watched ROH for Steen, Briscoes, S.Dot, and Truth Martini :p.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-
Beach Blast '92 - B+
Clash of the Champions XIX - B
The Great American Bash '92 - C+
SummerSlam '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XX - B+
Halloween Havoc '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXI - C+
Survivor Series '92 - C-
Starrcade '92 - B-

Clash of the Champions XXII - B
Royal Rumble '93 - C
SuperBrawl III - B-
WrestleMania IX - C-
Slamboree '93 - D+
King of the Ring '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXIII - C+
Beach Blast '93 - B-
Clash of the Champions XXIV - C+
SummerSlam '93 - D
Fall Brawl '93 - C-
Halloween Havoc '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXV - C-
BattleBowl - D
Survivor Series '93 - F
Starrcade '93 - C

Royal Rumble '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVI - B-
SuperBrawl IV - B-
WrestleMania X - B-
Spring Stampede '94 - B
Slamboree '94 - C
King of the Ring '94 - D
Clash of the Champions XXVII - C
Bash at the Beach '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVIII - C+
SummerSlam '94 - C-
Fall Brawl '94 - C-
Halloween Havoc '94 - D+
Clash of the Champions XXIX - D
Survivor Series '94 - F
Starrcade '94 - D

Royal Rumble '95 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXX - D+
SuperBrawl V - D+
Uncensored '95 - F
WrestleMania XI - D+
In Your House 1 - C-
Slamboree '95 - C-
The Great American Bash '95 - D
King of the Ring '95 - F
Bash at the Beach '95 - F
In Your House 2 - C
Clash of the Champions XXXI - C
SummerSlam '95 - C+
Fall Brawl '95 - D+
In Your House 3 - C+

Hmmm... Nitro "82" is not showing up on my PS4 right now...

RP912

Banned
It has nothing on 17 though.

There's probably 3 good matches at Wrestlemania 30. It's average really. 17 has double that and probably the greatest main event the show has ever had.

Its like this....17 had the better matches while 30 had the better presentation. I felt like WWE was finally going in the right direction.............................and here we are trying to find the direction.

Verendus

Banned
Its like this....17 had the better matches while 30 had the better presentation. I felt like WWE was finally going in the right direction.............................and here we are trying to find the direction.
I think one of the things I don't like much about recent Wrestlemania shows is that they're over produced, but there tends to only be about three worthy matches on the event. They waste too much time with all the unnecessary crap. It's nice to have the spectacle, but there needs to be more of a balance. I'm trying to remember which Mania it was, but there was one that was just ridiculous in recent times.

RP912

Banned
I think one of the things I don't like much about recent Wrestlemania shows is that they're over produced, but there tends to only be about three worthy matches on the event. They waste too much time with all the unnecessary crap. It's nice to have the spectacle, but there needs to be more of a balance. I'm trying to remember which Mania it was, but there was one that was just ridiculous in recent times.

Probably a tie between 27 and 29 since both of those manias were borderland dog shit. I agree about the overproduction of recent wrestlemanias but to be fair that's pretty much most wrestlemanias. Even the first Wrestlemania had celebrity bullshit and random matches out of the ass. 17 seem more of a sign off to what made wrestling great imo. It was nonstop action, a few gimmick matches, and not alot of celebrities taking up space.

somedevil

Impact is AWFUL tonight. A ton of padding, the matches have sucked, the commentary is worse than usual.

If you hate padding you better hope TNA does more tapings because they shot enough for 8 weeks but they still need 6 more Impact to finish out this year.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If you hate padding you better hope TNA does more tapings because they shot enough for 8 weeks but they still need 6 more Impact to finish out this year.

The commercial breaks at the start of hour two were extra long, then they did a recap of Bobby versus Bobby, then another extra long break. Even RAW when it pulls this crap goes short break, recap/network ad/propaganda piece/short break.

They did advertise the UK tour though, which was neat. They also finally mentioned One Night Only: Bound for Glory for seemingly the first time.

Verendus

Banned
I just realized they're building Cena/Lesnar up for a WM31 match for the title where Cena gets redemption.
Wait...wait...

Bryan is injured. He'll probably come back and get injured again since he has a B+ body.

Reigns is injured, and will probably be abandoned.

That leaves Cena to win the Royal Rumble, tying Austin, and then beginning his long journey of redemption and tying Ric Flair for championships at Wrestlemania 31. In one storyline, he accomplishes the only two things remaining, and will then truly be the greatest of all the times.

You're onto something here.

RP912

Banned
WM 27 almost got me to quit wrestling for good. 29 was awful but at least I liked the Punk Taker match. 27 had NOTHING

Agreed. If it wasn't for CM Punk whining in the middle of the entrance...i would have gave up on wrasslin or at least get back into watching CZW.

Thank you punk

strobogo

Banned
So, we can all shit on WCW (deservedly so most of the time), but are we all in agreement that WCW had way more TMFers than WWE?

• Arn Anderson
  • Dean Malenko
  • Finlay
  • Regal
  • Meng
  • Barbarian
  • Goldberg
  • Dr. Death
  • Terry Gordy
  • Steiner Brothers
  • Ron Simmons
  • Terry Funk
  • Harley Race
  • Vader
  • Benoit
  • Scott Norton
  • Saturn

Almost all of TMFers WWE had were imported from WCW. WCW was a TMF kind of territory. I don't think it is a coincidence that WCW was garbage in 2000 when they had an extreme lack of TMFers.

RP912

Banned
So, we can all shit on WCW (deservedly so most of the time), but are we all in agreement that WCW had way more TMFers than WWE?

• Arn Anderson
  • Dean Malenko
  • Finlay
  • Regal
  • Meng
  • Barbarian
  • Goldberg
  • Dr. Death
  • Terry Gordy
  • Steiner Brothers
  • Ron Simmons
  • Terry Funk
  • Harley Race
  • Vader
  • Benoit
  • Scott Norton
  • Saturn

Almost all of TMFers WWE had were imported from WCW. WCW was a TMF kind of territory. I don't think it is a coincidence that WCW was garbage in 2000 when they had an extreme lack of TMFers.

Agreed. Not even meng of all TMFers could carry the company on his back. Brian Knobbs wasn't going to step up and thats for damn sure.

Top Bottom