• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

RBH

The 8/5/96 and the 12/9/96 episodes of WCW Monday Nitro on the Network include exclusive post-show footage (the cameras were still rolling as they went off the air).

Vylash

Why so aggressive, friend Bionic?

4.gif

Man, I have truly no idea what is going on with gamergate, and that makes me really happy. It feels good to be unplugged from the flavor of the month gamer drama.

strobogo

Banned
I'm still mad about how terrible the GAF tabs are. When is Evilore going to come down from his ivory tower and fix that awful shit?

Alucard

Banned
4chan bullshit designed to harass certain sections of the gaming populace, mainly women, under the false pretense of "destroying corruption"

Soooo...I read the first article and I don't see the attack on feminism. Maybe I'm missing something and it's a response to another article or something.

strobogo

Banned
What do you mean?

You missed the thread about the guy complaining about the hit detection on the tabs for the board? You can click all the way up to the C on the Community tab and it will still count for OT. That kind of oversight is unacceptable.

Vylash

Soooo...I read the first article and I don't see the attack on feminism. Maybe I'm missing something and it's a response to another article or something.

Those articles don't capture the main point of what's going on, 4chan users have been making countless dummy accounts on twitter for the sole purpose of harassing and spreading hate, they've already chased a few freelance writers away as it is

Alucard

Banned
Those articles don't capture the main point of what's going on, 4chan users have been making countless dummy accounts on twitter for the sole purpose of harassing and spreading hate, they've already chased a few freelance writers away as it is

Got a little more informed and sounds like a bunch of assholes who need a punch to the face, if only they would step out from behind their screens.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I can't believe people get so worked up about video games that they are willing to send death threats to women because they don't like a thing they said about an entertainment medium. Meek nerds with no social life acting tough behind anonymity. I pity them, really.

Sephzilla

I'm pretty sure people on both sides are resorting to dummy accounts to further agendas.

Even though I don't like the harassment there was a bit of pretty sketchy shit within game journalism brought forward by this.

IMO the biggest difference between WCW and WWE was how truly international WCW was, WWE felt/feels so insular in comparison.

the World in World Championship Wrestling wasn't just for show

Aiii

So not worth it
I can't believe people get so worked up about video games that they are willing to send death threats to women because they don't like a thing they said about an entertainment medium. Meek nerds with no social life acting tough behind anonymity. I pity them, really.
I just like to play the vidya games friend Spider.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
PG-13 are on WWE's '50 teams you forgot' thing on their site. Bro, who forgot about PG-13? I remember a lot of these tag teams. I clearly care about tag wrestling more than WWE. Which says a lot, because I really don't care about tag team wrestling that doesn't involve the Steiners or the Natural Disasters. EVERYONE REMEMBERS LO DOWN! COME ON JOEY STYLES WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU. They wrestled in striped track pants because it was the year 2000
26_IYH_07231995_0080-2845764950.jpg

me and DM

Also, I think the Mean Street Posse idea could work nowadays. Wealthy yuppies who wrestle people for fun? Timeless gimmick. It's like a even more heel, snotty version of Million Dollar Man.

Aiii

So not worth it
Don't get upset DZ, this morning Google Chrome gave me a link that said "9 things you can do with Google, that you didn't know about." and I knew about all of them.

It's just the internet now, clickbait titles everywhere.

Hasney

AWESOME TEAMS HASNEY REMEMBERS FROM THAT LIST:

The Pitbulls (WWE Kash and Noble version)
The Dark Carnival
Lo-Down (Before Singh became their manager... I'm sure that version of the team existed)
Savio & Razor
New Jack & Spike Dudley
High Energy (Although this could be because of Survivor Series '92 being the first WWE event I ever watched)
Jindrack & Cade
Hurri-Kane
Cody & Drew
Stone Cold & Dude Love
Regal & Tajiri
Tajiri & Whipwreck
Stone Cold & HBK
The Insiders
Mexicools

NON-AWESOME TEAMS NO-ONE COULD EVER FORGET:

X-Factor
Tekno Team 2000
Harlem Heat 2000
High Voltage
The Highlanders
Festus & Jesse

TAG TEAMS BLEACHED FROM MY MIND

Matt Hardy & Tatanka
The Gymini
Konan & Hugh Morris

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Are the Heart Throbs or the Dicks even on that list? Because you wanna talk about some tag teams nobody remembers. Post Dudleys/Hardyz/E&C might have been the roughest looking tag division ever. So many thrown together teams.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Any form of the Road Warriors that's not THE Road Warriors.

excluding Power Warrior Kensuke Sasaki, the true third member, of course.

Top Bottom