• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Browny

Banned
Nah, everyone remembers them, clearly.
Completely mis-read the title...

Wrecking Crew
Stars N Stripes
American Males (oh god Bagwell is intruding into my mind...)

Edit: new page...

DDP+1.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
hqdefault.jpg

"Then they told me they'd put Droz with us"

It's weird because you look at the Road Warriors. You see them and you say, 'They have a great look Hawk never seems to get any older in the face. Like all that speed is keeping him young looking. The tights and music are badass. It's a good gimmick to try to get somebody over on. And we could use somebody who could carry the workload because Hawk is on drugs, and Animal is getting older.

...Let's give them the shittiest possible people we can find.' Go watch Kensuke Sasaki's matches with them and he busts his ass in the ring to make sure they look good. Then go look at Droz or Heidenreich. IThey probably would have put Snitsky and Nathan Jones with them if they could have

This is a fantastic match, by the way. Road Warriors & Kensuke Sasaki vs The Steiners & Scott Norton

Hasney

Paul London and Billy Kidman. The Dudebusters. There's more forgettable than not, especially in the Dark Ages

Loved London and Kidman, AND London and Kendrick.

Wouldn't mind Kalisto tagging with someone fast too when he gets called up... Just not Hun Cara.

Hasney

If he'd been signed already, would have been all about that. Hopefully he does get the contract though, because that would be fucking awesome.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kallisto and Ricochet couldn't team up because it would show how fucking bland and shitty of high flyers the Uzzzos are.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kofi isn't that fast either.

Kofi and Usos are like shitty, old broken down luchadores who don't use as many high flying spots and use lots of kicking, safe spots that don't hurt their knees. They're just slow. And Tyson is more of a technical wrestler, and I don't see him with the company for much longer. He'd probably be gone if Total Divas didn't exist.

I'm honestly surprised Justin Gabriel is still around after that last wave of cuts. I don't know why they don't use him and Kidd as a tag team on TV, it's not like the tag division is overflowing with talent at the moment

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I want to make Robocop mods for all the Survival Horror games. So like the monster in Amnesia shows up, and you just say Undead or alive, you're coming with me and drill it full of bullets. Resident Evil would take like 5 minutes to complete because you'd just scan Wesker at the start and drill him full of bullets

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm honestly surprised Justin Gabriel is still around after that last wave of cuts. I don't know why they don't use him and Kidd as a tag team on TV, it's not like the tag division is overflowing with talent at the moment

Nine times out of ten when you're wondering why someone is still employed even if they don't use them it's either "who is their family" or "where are they from."

One applies to Kidd, the other to Gabriel.

Browny

Banned
I completely forgot about Gabriel... he had a few matches on Smackdown/ME after the Nexus and Corre split up, got some decent pops and looked pretty good if I remember.

Heck, give him a mask, and let him go for it with Kalisto on the main roster. Might have to resize Ricardo's singlet though...

Edit:

Still, they got Adam Rose now. Idk if they bill him from South Africa though

If they don't have him snap and turn back into Leo Kruger... someone posted the gif not that long ago which would be fucking perfect. The E needs a proper bounty hunter.

Alucard

Banned
I want to make Robocop mods for all the Survival Horror games. So like the monster in Amnesia shows up, and you just say Undead or alive, you're coming with me and drill it full of bullets. Resident Evil would take like 5 minutes to complete because you'd just scan Wesker at the start and drill him full of bullets

I love it, Maggle.

Recall

Kofi isn't that fast either.

Kofi and Usos are like shitty, old broken down luchadores who don't use as many high flying spots and use lots of kicking, safe spots that don't hurt their knees. They're just slow. And Tyson is more of a technical wrestler, and I don't see him with the company for much longer. He'd probably be gone if Total Divas didn't exist.

You could be the fastest and quickest man alive, WWE don't want that style of in ring product.

The Flash should be in the WWE

Gonzalez

Banned
High Energy is my favourite forgotten team.
Rough 'n' Ready is my mine.

I don't know if you guys remember this? But RnR signature move was the old twin magic, but they had one big problem... They weren't twins. So they would use white towels to cover their faces. For some ridiculous reason it worked.

Vylash

Nine times out of ten when you're wondering why someone is still employed even if they don't use them it's either "who is their family" or "where are they from."

One applies to Kidd, the other to Gabriel.

is South Africa such a big market that they need to keep guys form there around? More importantly, is Justin Gabriel really that guy? What difference does he make

Aiii

So not worth it
is South Africa such a big market that they need to keep guys form there around? More importantly, is Justin Gabriel really that guy? What difference does he make

Yes, yes and yes.

For instance, they have more shows on TV in SA then pretty much anywhere else: http://www.wwe.com/schedules/television/southafrica

They go their for live shows twice a year, and just like everywhere else, a hometown guy is the most over person on the show, wether it's Sheamus in Ireland, or Barrett or Regal in the UK, having a Gabriel go on SA morning TV/Radio to hype the upcoming live event is a big deal for ticket sales.

Is it strange that I am going to the Ring of Honor event on Saturday and this is the first bit of ROH I am ever going to watch? I've seen a lot of these guys in other promotions before but I have never watched anything of ROH.

Alucard

Banned
Is it strange that I am going to the Ring of Honor event on Saturday and this is the first bit of ROH I am ever going to watch? I've seen a lot of these guys in other promotions before but I have never watched anything of ROH.

Really? Weird. Well, I hope you enjoy the show. Live ROH is a really great experience.

Browny

Banned
I think Styles vs Suzuki is one of my favourites this year. Haven't seen Suzuki before, but enjoyed him - especially working on AJ's finger. And how can you not love this face after he straight up lamps AJ?

kb3Dzv3.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That Styx thread is just proof to me that Gaming side will love anything that looks like something as long as it isn't from a major publisher. That game looks like it came out of the 'Dark' development studios. Stiff, blocky animations. Which would be fine if it was lower budget and the focus was on gameplay. But I saw blatant kills, no use of patience and timing whatsoever, Ramboing in a 'stealth' game, Batman 'I win' vision, World of Warcraft godmode stealth

And people are saying it looks cool. What the fuck.

enewtabie

Has the WWE completely sworn off doing anything backstage. Promos,etc? Watching the stuff from the attitude era and now on the Network and that's something I miss now with the current product.

There's an interview sometimes and the Ambrose Ice Bucket Challenge was cool,but not much else lately

jred2k

Funny note from part 2 of Jericho's podcast with Triple H:

HHH said he cut his hair as he "had been thinking about it a long time" and didn't want go to work in a suit with his hair down "looking like Michael Hayes". When he got the ponytail cut, he had it framed with a note saying "You always wanted it, here you go" and gave it to Vince, and it is now in Vince's office.

Sephzilla

Man, my Packers looked like dogshit yesterday

Has the WWE completely sworn off doing anything backstage. Promos,etc? Watching the stuff from the attitude era and now on the Network and that's something I miss now with the current product.

There's an interview sometimes and the Ambrose Ice Bucket Challenge was cool,but not much else lately

Yeah, so much shit happens in-ring these days. Maybe it's just me but it felt like all of the big eras before PG Era kept a lot of the story line stuff in backstage segments.

Aiii

So not worth it

Current product is written by a bunch of talentless hacks that can't really tell stories that aren't "talk for twenty minutes in the ring" or "beat guy/girl up at ringside".

Well, as you say, occassionally they do a "beat guy up while doing a backstage interview" or "stand on the side of the TV screen pretending to watch the next #1 contender's match as champion."

I really enjoyed not watching Raw last monday, I think I might check out for a while and just check PPV's and just do a WCW Nitro and PPV marathon instead.

Where's Hasney?

They're still around, they're just not very entertaining.

Top Bottom