• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

image.jpg

"The Phenom" The UndertakBO

Goldberg had absolutely no juice in the company until late 1999 despite being their biggest star by far. He should at the least have been feuding with someone from the NWO or Wolfpac for a two three month program or a set of matches with DDP. But nope.

yep, his reign was booked on the fly.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It was barely an afterthought. Hell the only ones so far with any promotion at all were Mr. Perfect cutting one promo and the DDP fight which still took a backseat to the Hogan nonsense.

SkJPNct.png

strobogo

Banned
Big missed opportunity for HHH to fire JR because that's what's good for business.

WCW Nitro Extra 11/10/98

A special hour long feature for some reason. I thought maybe it was because they wouldn't have Thunder that week, that that isn't the case. Tenay says he wishes he could to Nitro 7 nights a week, which makes Brain get up and try to choke him. I know how he feels.

i0oNXygqBmfji.gif

El Dandy vs Rey Mysterio Jr.

Normal lucha stuff. Super rana. The LWO run in. Kidman makes the save, but he and Rey get bumped into each other and have some words.

Sick Boy vs Perry Saturn

Saturn now has a first name. Interesting. He also wears a weird chainmail vest that definitely looks like it is cut for a woman. I thought Saturn vs Flock was over. I'm also not sure a non finish 2 minute lucha match and a Sick Boy match are really worthy of an extra hour of Nitro on Tuesday. Saturn wins in a match we've seen 12 times in the last 4 months.

Disco Inferno vs Booker T.

Disco wants everyone to hold hands with the person next to them because they've set a new record. The most scumbags in one building! Lol. Booker easily wins. I"m not sure why they needed a 4th hour of Nitro just for this stuff.

Fit Finlay vs Steve McMichael

They're really pulling out all the stops for this special hour of Nitro. Mongo wins with the tombstone.

Meng vs Goldberg WCW Championship

Goldberg wins in about a minute and a half.

What the fuck was the point of this?

Jamie OD

WWE missed a beat by not pretending that Big Show invested in THQ.

Steph: You're the reason why we've had such terrible games.
Show: But I tried to get No Mercy HD made.
Steph: That wouldn't be good for business.

Morgadeth

WWE missed a beat by not pretending that Big Show invested in THQ.

Steph: You're the reason why we've had such terrible games.
Show: But I tried to get No Mercy HD made.
Steph: That wouldn't be good for business.

Why would he try to get a game that he wasn't even in remade?

I flip flopped every day on which Hero Turtle was my favorite, Michelangelo was never a candidate. And because I know you're going to ask...

In the UK, the show is known as Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles because any Eastern Asian references in popular media were shunned in the aftermath of the Opium Wars.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watching some Mid-South from 82...I guess I'm kind of on a Mid-South kick with Boots' reviews and the blu-ray coming out, but man, hearing them reference the Kaufman incident over in Memphis, then they talk about it legit. Pretty good.

strobogo

Banned
Ripcord set up. I'll be giffing it. At 3/4ths of the way through Thunder, it is the only gif so far. Even with a 15 minute Rey/Juvi match.

OK, so this is happening in round 2 of the tournament AJPW are currently running;

Low Ki vs Akebono

I don't know quite why, but I want to see this match so bad.

strobogo

Banned
WCW Thunder 11/12/98

No idea why we needed 4 hours of Nitro this week. I think that extra hour of Nitro was really an extra hour of Thunder.

Glacier vs Chris Adams

Oh good, Glacier gets promo time. He can't stop fidgeting with his singlet. He talks about being the originator of the Cryonic Kick. We're still doing that angle? I thought it ended when Saturn beat him 3 times with a super kick. This is terrible. They're doing MMA kind of stuff, but like two pudgy white guys who don't know what they're doing. Adams hits the superkick. Sonny Ono runs out to distract the ref so Cat can jump kick Adams in the head. Glacier then wins with the Asiatic Spike. Wait, so he wanted this match to prove he had the better super kick, and then won with a completely different move?

Recap of President Hogan from Nitro.

Kendall Windham vs Kenny Kaos

How does Kenny feel about being replaced by Judy Bagwell? I mean, fuck, that's how you bury a guy. HHH should take notes. Who the fuck would take this guy seriously after he just stood around while Steiner ran after JoJo, then was dumb enough to actually get in the ring while Buff and Scott said they just wanted to talk, and then had his new tag partner drop him for a middle aged woman. He won with a springboard lariat.

Stevie Ray vs Jerry Flynn

Flynn gets the jobber entrance. The rest of the B-Team are out. Flynn fights them off until Norton stops that shit. The ref is looking right at Norton beating up Flynn and doesn't even call for the bell. Terrible reffing. Stevie Ray wins with the Slapjack. SUCKA.

Juventud Guerrera vs Rey Mysterio Jr.

Winner of this will face Kidman at WW3. Some arm drags. In a lucha match?! Juvi hits a sidebusterspinewalk and works a headlock. they get into a strike battle. Juvi does a reverse suplex that lays Rey out on the ropes. Rey comes right back with a spinning head scissors. We come back from break to see Juvi in control. They both attempted a tiltawhirl back breaker at the same time. Rey eventually did the move. This is followed with a split legged moonsault. Weird botch of a powerbomb/rana thing. Rey rocks a head figure four. 619 feint attack. Brainbustaaah from Juvi. Time limit draw. Man, they've been doing that too many times lately. Due to the importance of the match, there must be a winner. Juvi finally gets to hit a tiltawhirl backbreaker. Rey misses a top rope senton. Shitty cross body to the floor. Sunset flipbomb only gets 2. Juvi Driver. Rey wins with a super rana. You know it's Thunder when Rey and Juvi can have a 15 minute match with nothing to gif.

Chavo Guerrero vs Kidman WCW Cruiserweight Championship

Kidman shows he is as fast as a Mexican. Chavo does a spinning head scissors and locks on a head lock. RAINMAKER! Thunder will continue. After the break, Kidman is making his come back. Corner lariatoo, slingshot legdrop. Chavo stops it with a tiltawhirl backbreaker. There should be a limit to how many of those can be used per show. German suplex from Chavo. He works a series of submissions. They trade victory rolls. Suplex is reversed into a BK Bomb. Chavo nails a springboard bulldog. YOU CAN'T POWERBOMB KIDMAN. Kidman is about to hit the SSP when the LWO run in. He and Chavo fight them off until the numbers overwhelm them. Eddie stops the beat down of Chavo. Rey comes out and accidentally dropkicks Kidman.

ib0vWijXgJJBzv.gif

Kanyon vs Dean Malenko

Kanyon out wrasslin Stinko Malenko with hair pulls. Who betta? Kanyon is in control. Second rope fameasser. Dean makes a quick come back, but is cut off with a stalling suplex and slingshot elbow. Kanyon goes for a Superfly Splash. Dean moved. No water in the pool, as some would say. Leg lariatooo. Million dollar knee lift sends Dean to the floor. Raven walks over to him and just stands there. Now he leaves. Stun gun. Kanyon calls for the Flatliner. Dean counters it into the Cloverleaf. Kanyon is able to get to the ropes. Electric Chair Drop. Kanyon again tries the second rope fameasser. This is countered into the Cloverleaf. Lodi runs out and the match is called off. Benoit runs in and slaps the shit out of people. Another long match with two good guys, yet nothing giffable.

Konnan vs The Giant

Yep. A one gif show. Giant won by DQ. I think. Who gives a fuck. How can a show with Juvi/Rey and Kanyon/Dean be so blah?

6 hours of WCW this week. And they all sucked.

jred2k

They filmed it twice and that was still the best ending they got? Natalya attacks AJ before she's even all the way in the ring yet she wins?

Top Bottom