• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lay em on me. Show me your final Borm.
Did you see all those Bo pictures I posted last night? I ain't scurrred.

2GaZFfK.jpg

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
On top of my statements about Gaming being good if you are careful about what threads to enter. I will also say, avoid anyone who considers "gaming" a life style. It's a hobby we play with toys, it shouldn't determine how you live your entire life unless it's your profession or live in Mainframe with Bob, Dot, and Enzo.
Speaking of ReBoot:

I... I think I want this,

tm24

On top of my statements about Gaming being good if you are careful about what threads to enter. I will also say, avoid anyone who considers "gaming" a life style. It's a hobby we play with toys, it shouldn't determine how you live your entire life unless it's your profession or live in Mainframe with Bob, Dot, and Enzo.
I agree. The folks in league-gaf and ios board game gaf are great. Just have to find the right community. Though none match up to wrassle-gaf

strobogo

Banned
Gaming isn't that bad, you just have to pick where you go and post with care. Steam thread, the OTs for the not so big threads, threads where you can get honest discussion about game mechanics or styles, Pop Fiction, etc. Plenty of good stuff with plenty of good people just like Off Topic is full of good threads like us and LEGO and not just PopGaf.

Tito was amazing, after 85 or so he simply didn't look like he could really make it on his own. I always loved him though, and there is good reason he had the first match of Wrestlemania.
Look up some of his matches with Ivan Putski against the Wild Samoans if you want more of him. The early ECW work isn't bad either.

Hulk Hogan deserved all the push that he got early on, even if he was acting like a villain against Shiek with eye poking and what not, but he really was something. His time with NJPW also still holds up well now that I almost find it hard to believe it's the same guy by his "Hulkamania" and WCW days.
Hogan vs Fujinami http://youtu.be/TG2fxzUgB-4

There are rumours of an actual documentary for Mid-South, along the style of AWA's which most certainty would have a lot of DiBiase on it.

Hogan was the OG dickhead WWE face. He attacked Sheik before the bell, used his robe to clothesline/choke, did eye pokes, back rakes, chokes, and general dickhead heel stuff. But I guess it was okay since Sheik was a heel from Iran. Backlund actually did some dick moves in the match with Harley as well. I guess you just have to be a jerk to be WWE Champion. All those years of Jesse bitching about Hogan's cheating was so accurate.

Kaladin

Hogan was the OG dickhead WWE face. He attacked Sheik before the bell, used his robe to clothesline/choke, did eye pokes, back rakes, chokes, and general dickhead heel stuff. But I guess it was okay since Sheik was a heel from Iran. Backlund actually did some dick moves in the match with Harley as well. I guess you just have to be a jerk to be WWE Champion. All those years of Jesse bitching about Hogan's cheating was so accurate.

I think there are whole articles that attest to Hogan being the biggest dick in WWF history.

Ithil

Neat note from the Observer, that Bray Wyatt picked his own theme song ("Broken Out In Love"). He heard it while browsing music libraries and asked for it to be used as his theme song, and asked to keep it when they brought him up to the main roster, which obviously they did, and they've since bought the copyright to the song so he's got it indefinitely.

Apparently the bassline at the beginning got him hooked and he thought it was perfect for the gimmick. Can't say I disagree.

strobogo

Banned
Neat note from the Observer, that Bray Wyatt picked his own theme song ("Broken Out In Love"). He heard it while browsing music libraries and asked for it to be used as his theme song, and asked to keep it when they brought him up to the main roster, which obviously they did, and they've since bought the copyright to the song so he's got it indefinitely.

Apparently the bassline at the beginning got him hooked and he thought it was perfect for the gimmick. Can't say I disagree.

More proof that Bray got all the Windham brains.

Hogan started as a major heel and had a majority heel move set his entire face run.

It's really weird. He would do shit like that even to full jobber heels. I can see throwing a cheap shot back at Piper or Heenan, but at someone like Iron Mike?

Naylor and co found it along with him too, IIRC. I think WWE already had the license, since they just grab tons of music willy nilly. It's golden!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's really weird. He would do shit like that even to full jobber heels. I can see throwing a cheap shot back at Piper or Heenan, but at someone like Iron Mike?

Face doing a cheap shot from time to time is ok, but Hogan? At the height of his invincible strong man arc he was still doing eye pokes and back rakes and taunting his opponents when they were down and people would cheer the fuck out of him. It's really odd to see.

Duggan is another one who no one ever calls on this. Forget Eddie or Ric Flair, he's the biggest cheater of all time and he spent the vast majority of his time as a super face.

Kaladin

That bassline is godlike.

Ithil

Naylor and co found it along with him too, IIRC. I think WWE already had the license, since they just grab tons of music willy nilly. It's golden!

They had the licence to use it because Mark Crozer, the songwriter, had put it on a music library, which WWE normally takes its FCW/NXT themes from, with the intention of their own music team making a new theme when the wrestler comes to the main roster. But now they've outright bought the copyright, so only they can use it now.

Yep. Tito Santana was fucking awesome. Never saw a bad Tito match. He was never going to be WWF Champion, but he was a solid worker and could make anybody look good. He was perfect as a mid-card babyface. You could put him over the lower-card heels and have him put over other mid-card heels to get them ready for some kind of upper-card run. Solid, solid hand. In another era though, such as the mid-90s, Santana could have totally gotten that small, transitional WWF Champ run to move it to another heel.

I loved seeing Tito get his due by being put alongside Warrior and Hogan at Survivor Series 1990.

Too bad they killed him with the El Matador bullshit though.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Of all the indy wrestlers Scotland has, why does it have to be Grado that keeps getting attention? Oh well, at least he isn't Bo Dallas.

He gave DiBiase a cheap shot to get Savage the belt, that's 100% heel behavior.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I really want to do my own WWE TCG online, but only if WWE wants it as opposed to shutting it down 100%.

It could be so good. Microtransactions!

When it comes to Grado, not since Rockstar Spud and Twiggy has a song helped get someone so over

And it's been many years since I've seen someone do so much with so little talent

I really want to do my own WWE TCG online, but only if WWE wants it as opposed to shutting it down 100%.

It could be so good. Microtransactions!

You got beat to the punch back in 2001! WWF With Authority! One of my favorite games ever. I was on there a ton. Terrible at it though.

Then there was MSC, which was more Fire Pro esque!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You got beat to the punch back in 2001! WWF With Authority! One of my favorite games ever. I was on there a ton. Terrible at it though.

Then there was MSC, which was more Fire Pro esque!

I think the marketplace has evolved enough WWE could do a new one that is SUPER GOOD.

Over 100,000 people have now watched 'The UltraViolent Icon' John Zandig going crazy;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ7_5MMboo4

What a beautiful day.

Yes! Great news. Hate club!?

strobogo

Banned
Does anyone remember the air gun thing that shot little NERF discs and had a WWF game with it you stood up little targets of wrestlers in various locations?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone remember the air gun thing that shot little NERF discs and had a WWF game with it you stood up little targets of wrestlers in various locations?

"Gun down your favorite WWF Superstars! Earthquake is worth half points, he's so big!"

De-Bo-rah;

HP5kOHr.jpg

So sorry. I'll stop now.

Bo Backlund.

Superstar Billy Boham.

Also, for no good reason I've decided I want to see Bo Dallas be the new Heyman guy and team with Brock Lesnar, just so that they can be called The Brock & Bo Express.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also, for no good reason I've decided I want to see Bo Dallas be the new Heyman guy and team with Brock Lesnar, just so that they can be called The Brock & Bo Express.

Goddammit, made me snicker while on the phone with a client

Top Bottom