• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

G-Fex

I hear there are no truth to those rumors.

I hear there's no truth to your face
O
M
G

TODAY IS THE DAY

1012409_683660191648449_2017803272_n.jpg

WHY DO I EVEN HAVE TO BE AT WORK!!!!!

Is this what Punctuation Book meant by something happening Today!?!?!??

jmdajr

Gonna pick up the haitch blu-ray after class. Hopefully I reach a new level of enlightenment.

Absolutely

edit: completely unrelated. Anyone have a Windows Phone? How do you like the experience.I feel that it might be pretty good value for the price. A lot of times the guts are the same as Android phones and yet it is cheaper.

Granted what will I do without the WWE APP!

Kaladin

#October Wrasslin' |OT| Thread title held in abeyance.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Thread title held in abeyance due to last thread title not being the normal cadence

that won't fit....anyone mind proofing it down to fit into this:

October Wrasslin' |OT| Thread title held in abeyance due to last thread title not bei

How about:

October Wrasslin' |OT| Title held in abeyance due to last title not being normal cadence

that cuts it closer...needs more editing though.

G-Fex

Too bad JR isn't still around

"Bah gawd King its Mr. Kennedy, he's returned to Raw! And ..no one seems to be care at all!"

"Er Well we don't know exactly why Mr. Kennedy has returned but no one has seemed to notice him!"

-5 minutes later

" well I don't know if Mr. Kennedy was waiting for someone to take notice or speak to him, the match is continuing and this is becoming very awkward"

"Pacing back and forth now Mr. Kennedy waiting for some sort of sign or acknowledgement of his existance King"

-10 minutes later

" Welcome back folks to our show and me remind you folks at home Mr. Kennedy is here and is literally invisible to everyone including some of our camera men"

" and finally I think he's leaving quietly, quite awkward indeed"

Kaladin

October Wrasslin' |OT| Thread title held in abeyance due to last thread title not being the normal cadence

that won't fit....anyone mind proofing it down to fit into this:

October Wrasslin' |OT| Thread title held in abeyance due to last thread title not bei

How about:

October Wrasslin' |OT| Title held in abeyance due to last title not being normal cadence

that cuts it closer...needs more editing though.

This fits....and makes sense too:

October Wrasslin' |OT| Title held in abeyance b/c last title was not normal cadence

Title in abeyance, last title had wrong cadence.

that might work too

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
CwoTMaZ.jpg

I had to go with a Kimbo Slice look. I get KOed easily.

"WHERES MY BREAD?"

kinda disappointed in the roster for 2K14. Don't give a damn about the current guys, but the legends. They really couldn't stick in some tag teams like LoD, Demolition and Jim Anvil? No Rude, Jake, Sid (was present in HBK's match with Diesel) Piper, Goldust, Vader etc. Such a letdown compared to how awesome they took care of the Attitude era roster by adding in Gangrel, Pillman & Chainsaw Charlie.

strobogo

Banned
Abeyance, surveillance, austere tears

kinda disappointed in the roster for 2K14. Don't give a damn about the current guys, but the legends. They really couldn't stick in some tag teams like LoD, Demolition and Jim Anvil? No Rude, Jake, Sid (was present in HBK's match with Diesel) Piper, Goldust, Vader etc. Such a letdown compared to how awesome they took care of the Attitude era roster by adding in Gangrel, Pillman & Chainsaw Charlie.

I'm sure there will be a lot of DLC and guys like that will get added in.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

It's weird to me that LoD for instance was in last year's, so was Demolition, but aren't in this. You'd think...

sajj316

I thought the ending was nice and crowd was pretty hot. Booking made Shield look very good 3 versus 11. Reigns taking out 3 in a row with a spear. Rollins and Ambrose looked very good as well. Protected Ziggler .. not a fall guy and kept Usos relevant on the tag title scene (whatever is left of it). This angle is also keeping Show and Miz somewhat relevant and employed.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
God damn, are they just not going to do matches tonight?

I don't know if it's happened yet in 1999 (I think it's a bit later actually) but sometime early on Nash holds a meeting saying that during the first hour of Nitro there will be no fights. There is a caustic as fuck rant in Death of WCW about it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
god, the memories. i still remember the reactions when he lost to Seth. always worth rewatching: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlsH3hYk1U8

So good. Kimbo had such a terrifying look, but you can't argue with technique. He did his damndest though, he really did, to learn how to really fight in a professional capacity. Just a reminder that the streets are no replacement...unless you're fighting in the streets out front of the Gracies'.

Batistas in 2k14! Guy is getting paid

Sold, as if it wasn't before. Sold sold sold.

Gonna make him a Drax wrasslin gear.

strobogo

Banned
I don't know if it's happened yet in 1999 (I think it's a bit later actually) but sometime early on Nash holds a meeting saying that during the first hour of Nitro there will be no fights. There is a caustic as fuck rant in Death of WCW about it.

There was something similar in 2000 while he was commissioner. Is that what you're thinking of?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There was something similar in 2000 while he was commissioner. Is that what you're thinking of?

Nah I just read it recently. It happens when Eric takes a vacation to Paris and we get basically unfiltered Nash in 1999. The results will show up in spring. Though now that I'm reading it closer it might be referring to a particular Nitro or group of Nitros and not a company wide mandate, so you might be right after all. The meeting was earlier in the year and was the one that lead to a whole bunch of skits that the announcers weren't commentating on! Those are even worse.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Who here doesn't think that Hunner and Steph are entertaining? Stand and be heard. Don't mind this shovel beside me and the knee pads I am sporting.

Kinda me. I'm tired of it. But I guess they gotta do what they gotta do to swerve smarks.

I swear, nothing is funnier to me than the last Ashes video. I'd probably get in trouble if I went into more detail, but so much hypocrisy, ohlollololol

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I swear, nothing is funnier to me than the last Ashes video. I'd probably get in trouble if I went into more detail, but so much hypocrisy, ohlollololol

WrassleGAF Police is watchin.

You'll have to go to Wrasslegaffer's Court.

Toki767

Who here doesn't think that Hunner and Steph are entertaining? Stand and be heard. Don't mind this shovel beside me and the knee pads I am sporting.

It's not that I'm not entertained by them, but they don't exactly let anyone get over on them in a program. It's not like Stephanie's going to wrestle AJ or anything.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
It's not that I'm not entertained by them, but they don't exactly let anyone get over on them in a program. It's not like Stephanie's going to wrestle AJ or anything.
This whole program will end with the majestic warrior being put in his place and his administration crumbling.

WrassleGAF Police is watchin.

You'll have to go to Wrasslegaffer's Court.

FOOK DA POLICE *flying cross body*

Fuck it, everybody's dead anyways so who cares:

Icarus not being allowed in DGUSA's locker room is goddamn hilarious, considering Gabe's always been very friendly and open with workers and has no problem allowing people backstage, and runs a very solid locker room (same with DJ/CZW).

Compared to CHIKARA's, which basically blanket blocked -everybody- from going backstage, including family members, with the rare case of huge stars who randomly showed up.

Art imitating life of Icarus not getting bookings either I see :p

I know some people will say NEXT LEVEL STORYTELLING and all that shit, but it's stupid and while my friends are clearly on board, it's like watching the Hindenburg crash into the Titanic while the death coaster I built in Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 flies in-between them

Chuck Taylor repping a PWG shirt still makes me think shomething is going to happen in receda .

Chikara was going to run a show there in November iirc.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
it's like watching the Hindenburg crash into the Titanic while the death coaster I built in Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 flies in-between them

Ahh, death coasters. I loved making them. Got my start in Theme Park, never got old.

strobogo

Banned
Hunter and Steph are the best parts of the angle. Orton still gives lol worthy promos, Big Shoe is always crying, D-Bryne corpses every promo. Those two are the ones really bringing it.

Chuck Taylor repping a PWG shirt still makes me think shomething is going to happen in receda .

Chikara was going to run a show there in November iirc.

REALITY BREAKER TIME

Don't read into that too much. Considering PWG's reaction (& the venues) of 'there's no event scheduled in November, if they say so it's not with us', the only thing that might happen is they send Icarus on a Lex Express of Sadness

The Reseda thing is stupid too, considering the fake company was billed from there (I built the website for that junk). People on 420chan were going to go on some scavenger hunt for the building and were calling numbers and shit, so I went on there and told em to avoid that, because that would've ended in pain.

People read into things too much. I remember when I was doing the old event pages (the ones with one big graphic and the shadowbox for the match graphics), and I changed the coding language into German by accident. People thought the fucking BDK took over. :p

Ahh, death coasters. I loved making them. Got my start in Theme Park, never got old.

I even ended up making one that wasn't even a death coaster! It was a full loop and then a long crawl (so you'd launch them) but I made it just long enough that they wouldn't go over. It would not have passed ANY safety regulation, but it was my most popular coaster. Go figure

Kaladin

You know, I will be happy if Chikara comes back and keeps the majority of it's roster, (which I doubt because it's kinda shitty to close a company for this long and leave your guys high and dry and looking for work....especially if it's an angle) but as of now it was a great niche company which presented a fun product that went out on a really shitty and sour note.

You know, I will be happy if Chikara comes back and keeps the majority of it's roster, (which I doubt because it's kinda shitty to close a company for this long and leave your guys high and dry and looking for work....especially if it's an angle) but as of now it was a great niche company which presented a fun product that went out on a really shitty and sour note.

The only people that will go back are the people who can't go anywhere else, really (AKA the people who only know that style and can't adapt). The rest can and have gone elsewhere.

Basically to me, CHIKARA is the Dexter of pro wrestling.

Top Bottom