• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

BVJA8hkCQAIab-k.jpg:large

who the hell is that on the right??

strobogo

Banned
Or just the two of them celebrating at the end of the show as champions. I think that was really the end of an era, not just because both guys would die relatively after. I'm still surprised that happened at all. Never has Vince thrown such a bone to the smarks. I could see HHH doing it, but not Vince.

miserable

strobogo do you have by any chance a gif of Scott Hall falling off the first step of a ladder? Cant remember what match it was but it was funny.

Ryder is the victim of "sorry bro you gotta pay your dues its not your time" the guy was over protect him in matches and don't use him to get cheers for Cena. They chanted for him during one of Rock's promos and it was one of the ones where people weren't tired of him yet.

strobogo

Banned
No, Ryder is the victim of "oh, this guy isn't nearly as good or as cool as we thought". His overness was directly tied to how much TV time he got, and once he was on TV every week, people realized he was a tool.

No it wasn't. At all. People were chanting "Yes" for months beforehand.

Is GAF's formatting fucked for anyone else? I guess their CSS file is down or something.

If Bryan lost the title in a "normal" match, the crowd wouldn't have reacted the way it did on Raw. That match was the best thing to happen to his career.

If Bryan lost the title in a "normal" match, the crowd wouldn't have reacted the way it did on Raw. That match was the best thing to happen to his career.

It's what changed the WWE's mind on him but he was always going to get super over regardless. Dude was way too talented to be kept down in the midcard for too long.

Hasney

They should have put this on TV and this would have made him even more over

No, Ryder is the victim of "oh, this guy isn't nearly as good or as cool as we thought". His overness was directly tied to how much TV time he got, and once he was on TV every week, people realized he was a tool.

Yup. Average in the ring and on the mic. Not sure if he could do better promos or not, but he boxed himself in with a very one dimensional character, which doesn't help.

He's got a place, just feel like he should be in a tag-team with Miz to be fed to the Real Americans/Shield/Some new heel tag team that they need to form.

Toki767

Those Impact spoilers for next week...they don't even try to get Dixie over as a heel
since Hogan quits instead of having Dixie fire him.

Kaladin

Those Impact spoilers for next week...they don't even try to get Dixie over as a heel
since Hogan quits instead of having Dixie fire him.

It's because
Dixie's a mark for Hogan....the part where she was begging him to stay was probably real.

Kaladin

Does anyone at all enjoy the ascension?

NXT booking is normally great but they just make me fast forward every time they are on screen

I enjoy the gimmick. I haven't watched NXT since the Zayn/Cesaro 2/3 falls match though. I binge watch a few hours at a time. It's probably about time to do that again.

I'm not really sure what the Ascension are actually doing for their gimmick, it comes across like they have a supernatural style gimmick without any of the actual cheesy supernatural stuff, to which I say "what's the point?"
It's like a Net Wrecker approved version of this trope.

G-Fex

I'm not really sure what the Ascension are actually doing for their gimmick, it comes across like they have a supernatural style gimmick without any of the actual cheesy supernatural stuff, to which I say "what's the point?"
It's like a Net Wrecker approved version of this trope.

And we know how boring Net Wrecker's gimmicks were.

And we know how boring Net Wrecker's gimmicks were.

His version of the Taker/Kane feud would've had them performing cinematically cinematic drama based on their troubled family life in the ring each week to further the storyline instead of shooting fire and lightning at each other.
This I know to be true.

Aiii

So not worth it
Lilian Garcia announcing Del Rio in Spanish is beyond ridiculous. Are we supposed to cheer him? I thought him being Mexican was supposed to be a bad thing in kayfabe world?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's the money shot right there. Still to this day every time I see it I
ibzyITniALF6k2.png

You think they'd put everything in the trailer?

I guess not, I thought it'd at least have a quick clip on the trailer though, as it's easily the most infamous IWA:DS moment of the past few years.

??? Why'd he do that?

Because some idiot thought it'd be a great idea to book a 'SAW Deathmatch'. This year, they've booked a 'Nail in the Head Deathmatch', so we'll see where this leads...hopefully not to someone dying, but I wouldn't be surprised.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Because some idiot thought it'd be a great idea to book a 'SAW Deathmatch'. This year, they've booked a 'Nail in the Head Deathmatch', so we'll see where this leads...hopefully not to someone dying, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Nail in the head?! NAIL IN THE HEAD?!?!

iCuAEOFprCuzt.png

still not tired of using these

Top Bottom