• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

Hey remember when Samoa Joe, CM Punk and Bryan Danielson were the hottest shit around?

Did WWE just never have any interest in Joe or was he one of those people who at the time didnt want to be on the road so he stuck around in TNA longer then he should have?

Oh and is Jeff Hardy still alive or on TV?

strobogo

Banned
Road agents like Simon Diamond?

What they really should do is bring in Garrett Bischoff to be Mad Ox's personal assistant. They can share hair tips and stuff.

They could buy the library for Booker T, Sting, Christain, Jeff Jarrett (to make a buck out of spite and not include him in the DVD), Scott Steiner, Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Mash, New Age Outlaws, etc. It's not a completely terrible purchase for additional footage and as another "show" to throw on the Channel.

The roster isn't worth a damn except for Bully (which they probably would stay away from), Hardy and Angle.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They worked a whole angle with Foley and Joe in ROH that WWE wanted Joe before they even wanted Punk, but they wanted him to lose weight. Who knows how true that is, but I guess Joe probably felt that TNA would book him better, and he had a lot more friends there.

TNA probably did book Joe better than WWE would have though, even if it was just for like 3 years, on and off.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
As far as anyone mentioned Bully left on great terms with WWE but it is true that they'd basically want him back for a limited as hell role.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I still feel awful for Kurt Angle. Dude just needed a year in rehab but nope, could never get straight. Still better than almost all of TNA.

Toki767

It's not like the TNA tape library will end up being worth a whole lot. I don't see WWE saying no to it. They'll probably pay less for it than they paid for WCW which was what...a few million or so?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's not like the TNA tape library will end up being worth a whole lot. I don't see WWE saying no to it. They'll probably pay less for it than they paid for WCW which was what...a few million or so?

A little under 3 million dollars.

Note that the previous offer for WCW was FIVE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS.

So, this Triple H documentary is quite good. Check it out.

Just ignore Michael Hayes, as always. Luckily, he's not in it too much.

Hyperbole

History

Hunner

I thought it was a well put together documentary. It had all of the important figures: Taker, Austin, Shawn, Mick Foley, X-Pac, New Age Outlaws, Rock, Brock, Vince, Steph, Linda, Flair, Orton, Batista, etc.

The only people they were missing were Chyna and Bischoff.

I just didn't like how they were trying to shove Hunter down my throat in the DVD by sort of changing his place in history by comparing him to Michael Jordan, making it seem like he was equal in popularity to Austin/Rock (though he was a good heel for the two at the turn of the century) and making him out to be this keen executive.

But that's not to take away from the fact the guy won the championship a lot, was probably the best heel in the company until Edge and Orton came along and obviously has some good initiatives with developing talent (though it's been hit or miss).

The company needs to spend more time churning out sports documentaries versus these cheesy films. They could definitely make their film arm into a wrestling and sports documentary company (or whatever).

As wrestle gafs PCW representative I feel I should share this short video

Was chatting to the guys behind these videos after an event recently and they are good guys, some of the comedy is a little off but hey when else can you see Cyanide as an elephant and Mastiff on drums

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8xs_RlQCu8

The Steiners appear briefly in an earlier one along with a few other recognisable faces

jmdajr

Hey remember when Samoa Joe, CM Punk and Bryan Danielson were the hottest shit around?

Did WWE just never have any interest in Joe or was he one of those people who at the time didnt want to be on the road so he stuck around in TNA longer then he should have?

Oh and is Jeff Hardy still alive or on TV?

He's poisoned by TNA now.....

So I'm watching World War Z...this movie is TERRRRRIBLE. Oh good god.

LOL BISCHOFF

It wasn't Bischoff. It was TNT and TBS. They didn't want wrestling anymore. The Bischoff deal fell through because they didn't want to have the wrestling platform anymore and he had made the company into a ratings-based business versus the WWF house show/merchandise/TV/PPV business. And there was no way his venture would of been success without a TV deal. He was banking on it.

Vince swooped in and bought the tape library and got access to their talent. Obviously a year later, Jarretts had TNA/NWA and ROH were beginning.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It wasn't Bischoff. It was TNT and TBS. They didn't want wrestling anymore. The Bischoff deal fell through because they didn't want to have the wrestling platform anymore and he had made the company into a ratings-based business versus the WWF house show/merchandise/TV/PPV business. And there was no way his venture would of been success without a TV deal. He was banking on it.

Vince swooped in and bought the tape library and got access to their talent. Obviously a year later, Jarretts had TNA/NWA and ROH were beginning.

More hilarious than that is that the first company had some hangup getting the deal done, reexamined it and got cold feet when they really looked at the numbers months before they lost the turner timeslots. They almost got saddled with WCW for half a billion dollars without a guaranteed time slot!

KissVibes

Banned
LOOK AT WHAT MY SISTER GAVE ME FOR MY BIRTHDAY.

jEtbYhYnCLVRi.png

I had this when I was a kid! THIS IS 19 YEARS OLD AND I LOVE IT AS MUCH AS I DID WHEN I WAS A KID.

jred2k

I really thought that was gonna turn in to an ad for Dollar Shave Club. I really wouldn't put it past TNA to do podcast style ad breaks.

Kard8p3

Linda McMahon signed a check with a lot of years and a lot of zeros is my most memorable Biker Taker moment. Every time money comes up between me and a friend of mine who watched wrestling at that time the line inevitably comes out in some form or another.

I'm proud to say I was in the audience that night. Met Taker outside the building that night and everything.

Abyss/Joseph Park could be a good addition to WWE.

Also, Gail Kim is a good Diva. Could probably have a great arch with AJ Lee.

They're definitely keeping that camera tight. Probably only a couple thousand people. Eric Bischoff's TV strategy strikes again.

strobogo

Banned
I really thought that was gonna turn in to an ad for Dollar Shave Club. I really wouldn't put it past TNA to do podcast style ad breaks.

I'm really surprised WWE doesn't have a podcast. They could do weekly recaps or do things like Cole/JBL show as a podcast as well as being on .Com.

I'm really surprised WWE doesn't have a podcast. They could do weekly recaps or do things like Cole/JBL show as a podcast as well as being on .Com.

HHH hasn't gotten to the WWE's social media division yet. The company is definitely behind the curve on social media (despite how hip they think they are). They really need a strong core of executives to head their wrestling, film, social media, talent relations, documentaries, etc. They're a huge company but it seems to be ran poorly ran, almost a giant 18-wheeler incapable of quick adjustments and competent strategies. Vince has to delegate.

And lol at the Chip and Dales guy being in a feud with Austin Aries.

strobogo

Banned
She should get on it. Podcasts are huge and would be a good way to get stories and interviews more eyeballs (or ear holes) on them. I'd probably listen to something like that.

Top Bottom