• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

I enjoy TNA. You don't have to defend them to me. But everyone is on the same level. Even guys getting pushed more than others. Robbie E is the only non X-Division guy who would be weird if he beat Aries for the title or pinned Angle clean. Everyone else is on the same standing at all times, regardless of who is champion or on a winning streak. It's really weird.

Aries, Bully Ray, Bobby Roode, Angle, AJ Styles, Jeff Hardy, RVD, and James Storm are clearly on a higher level than the rest of the roster. Joe is getting back there as well. That's a potential 9 different main event level guys. I'm pretty confident that if Eric Young, or Kenny King, or Zema Ion, or Mr. Anderson, etc. pinned Aries for the title, the fanbase would be pretty shocked/upset.

WWE's main event scene is currently Cena, HHH, and Punk in that order. I'd say TNA is doing a fine job. They're also in the process of rebuilding the tag division better (and faster and with less talent and less TV time) than the WWE has done in recent weeks.

Kaladin

The only problem I have with Impact right now, they've forgotten about the X-Division. But I'm ok with that as long as they bring it back full time after the BFG series.

The only problem I have with Impact right now, they've forgotten about the X-Division. But I'm ok with that as long as they bring it back full time after the BFG series.

I think that's what the new Destination X contract thing was about. In a perfect world, half of the year could be a build to that decision, while the other half is would focus on the BFG Series.

Kaladin

Damnit Tazz. Tenay said this is the last fucking day of the regular season, No Surrender is the playoffs and BFG is the Super Bowl. Stop saying that tonight is the Playoffs, you're fucking up the analogy here.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Aries, Bully Ray, Bobby Roode, Angle, AJ Styles, Jeff Hardy, RVD, and James Storm are clearly on a higher level than the rest of the roster. Joe is getting back there as well. That's a potential 9 different main event level guys. I'm pretty confident that if Eric Young, or Kenny King, or Zema Ion, or Mr. Anderson, etc. pinned Aries for the title, the fanbase would be pretty shocked/upset.

WWE's main event scene is currently Cena, HHH, and Punk in that order. I'd say TNA is doing a fine job. They're also in the process of rebuilding the tag division better (and faster and with less talent and less TV time) than the WWE has done in recent weeks.
TNA may be good, but do they have anyone that dresses as nice as these two guys?

tumblr_m9yex4o6Ar1rt0n8fo1_500.jpg

strobogo

Banned

Once again, I'm not taking shots at TNA. The question was asked if Kurt was still a big deal in TNA, and the answer is no, because no one is a big deal. Kenny King and Zema Ion are X-Division guys, which I already said didn't count because they are on a different level all together. But everyone within the X-Division is completely interchangeable as well.

And really, I don't think it would be a big stretch if EY won the belt. He's been one of the most over guys for years. The Impact Zone would pop huge for him winning the big one. And for sure Mr. Anderson is on the same level as all the other guys, it's just that no one would want him to win the title again. It's really just plug and play with everyone big enough to be in the BFG Series. Any guy in that list could be against A Double at a PPV and it would be the same as anyone else. TNA has ALWAYS had this problem, going back to the Nashville days. The last guys that really felt like a big deal was Joe during his undefeated run and Pope's run as actually Black Dusty Rhodes until his shoulder injury basically stalled his career entirely. Nothing is really a big deal or of any consequence in TNA.

The BFG Series does a lot to help that, but they need to do it year round.

I think this means that Bully Ray has signed a contract.

Storm, Joe, Hardy, Ray......best final four possible.
Agreed, hopefully he has a new deal as he has been lights out the last few months for TNA. I do find it curious that Batista and King Mo are both on MMA live tonight, foreshadowing of things to come?

Kaladin

Ughhhhhhhh that would be terrible. I really hope you're wrong.

And looooooooool @ Aries and Hogan contemplating killing that guy. Poor prospect.

I think the JJ idea was scrapped when the plot broke on dirt sheets, so it's anything goes right now and who's to say that Hogan isn't pulling the strings from the inside.......how else are these guys getting through security?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I think the JJ idea was scrapped when the plot broke on dirt sheets, so it's anything goes right now and who's to say that Hogan isn't pulling the strings from the inside.......how else are these guys getting through security?

That was a plot hole since the 2nd week. How did that guy get in Hogan's office to deliver the message but Hogan didn't bother to try to get the guy in custody until the segment was over

Ya know............Bischoff is a big motorcycle guy and he hasnt been seen in months...........Since he was "banned" from TNA only way back is a hostile takeover.....Ughhh please God no, that would be worse than Hogan.

Kaladin

Storm will pick Joe. It has been a running pair-up since the beginning.

Edit: Damn, guess I was wrong......didn't think they would go with Bully loosing in the first round.

Once again, I'm not taking shots at TNA. The question was asked if Kurt was still a big deal in TNA, and the answer is no, because no one is a big deal. Kenny King and Zema Ion are X-Division guys, which I already said didn't count because they are on a different level all together. But everyone within the X-Division is completely interchangeable as well.

And really, I don't think it would be a big stretch if EY won the belt. He's been one of the most over guys for years. The Impact Zone would pop huge for him winning the big one. And for sure Mr. Anderson is on the same level as all the other guys, it's just that no one would want him to win the title again. It's really just plug and play with everyone big enough to be in the BFG Series. Any guy in that list could be against A Double at a PPV and it would be the same as anyone else. TNA has ALWAYS had this problem, going back to the Nashville days. The last guys that really felt like a big deal was Joe during his undefeated run and Pope's run as actually Black Dusty Rhodes until his shoulder injury basically stalled his career entirely. Nothing is really a big deal or of any consequence in TNA.

The BFG Series does a lot to help that, but they need to do it year round.

Well if you're talking about guys feeling like an actual "big deal," that's different. I was speaking strictly about "big deal" as in main event status vs midcard. The last time a North American wrestler felt like a LEGIT big deal for an extended amount of time was probably Samoa Joe during his ROH run. Calling out TNA for that is a bit unfair in the current climate considering that NOBODY feels like a big deal.

Kaladin

While it is nice that the tag titles are the main event here, it's kind of obvious who is winning this.....just get to aces and eights already.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
They could have had Universal HD and they turned it down?! THE FUCK

Universal HD is a dead space of a network except for Saturday nights

Random movies you never heard of and playing Basic Instinct 2 4 times a week.

smh

strobogo

Banned
Well if you're talking about guys feeling like an actual "big deal," that's different. I was speaking strictly about "big deal" as in main event status vs midcard. The last time a North American wrestler felt like a LEGIT big deal for an extended amount of time was probably Samoa Joe during his ROH run. Calling out TNA for that is a bit unfair in the current climate considering that NOBODY feels like a big deal.

I don't think we're actually on the same page of what we're talking about. I'm saying there is no one with the aura that Cena/Taker/Rock/HHH/even Punk have in TNA. They don't have that in their company. Even with a guy like Kurt who had that in WWE, he lost it a month into being with TNA. Since no one has that big name aura (even two guys who were two of the biggest names in the past decade, both coming off huge runs in WWE), everyone feels like they're on the same level at all times. No one feels special is what I'm trying to say. TNA just kills those big time auras. They can only keep it going for a month or two and then whoever turns into just another guy.

Top Bottom