• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

ever notice how people not with the company are always on the loosing end of things. when brock lesnar returned they ran 4 promos of brock destroying current TNA ex wwe people

I did actually notice it with Brock because he ran through all the wwe guys who went to TNA. But i remember one time recently they name dropped Kurt Angle and it was in a positive way. They also have done it with Hogan. The craziest thing was when Punk and Bryan were fighting for the title and they put up that ROH article up and they even mentioned on TV and PPV.

Of course they have done the opposite as well because Vince is Vince. They never mention that RVD was the 1st one to cash in the MITB with a warning at the ECW ONS PPV.

That's because he knows TNA isn't a threat whatsoever.
Agreed sometimes i wonder what other wrestling organizations he knows about. Im pretty sure he knows about TNA but does he know ROH, CZW by name or just indy feds?

Anth0ny

It's a shame it won't work out.

They have so much content from WWF, WCW, ECW.. would be awesome.

Oh yeah, I'd watch the hell out of it. Apparently they even worked out a deal to unblur the Attitude Era WWF logo for use on the network. Too bad it's not gonna work out.

It's so nice watching old matches on WWE.Com without "WWF" being silenced out whenever someone says it.

So good!

THAT'S GOTTA BE KANE

That fucking crowd. They can really make or break a show.

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY MIND BLOWING, NOT SURPRISING NEWS

LOL :|

Also,

Talking to wrestlers in public, civil or uncivil?

I would. Especially The Miz. He's a big sports fanatic. Especially fantasy football. Whenever he's on a sports talk show he chimes on all Cleveland sports and the fantasy football team he has everyyear

The legends roundtable show they have on demand is some of the best stuff the WWE produces. Its a very relaxed show where guys like JR, Mean Gene and others talk about wrestling in semi non Kayfabe but they have one where Ric Flair wont shut the fuck up and keeps putting himself above everybody its hilarious.

RBH

13461253011.jpg

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife

They put that shit out on dvds. It's not like they're sitting on it. ECW has 4 dvds. 4! WCW has 4 and 1/2.

You probably won't see a lot of the stuff even if the network launched. I'd say 30% of the wrestlers from the 90s era are dead and it wasn't because of natural causes.

Then it was all the raunchy stuff that could fly then and couldn't now. With WWE being PG and all, I doubt they would promote a product with non-pg stuff where kids could see it.

"Mommy what does pimpin ain't easy mean?"

"where did you hear that?!?"

"WWE Network. I wanna ride the HOOOOOO train"

":eek:"

They put that shit out on dvds. It's not like they're sitting on it. ECW has 4 dvds. 4! WCW has 4 and 1/2.

You probably won't see a lot of the stuff even if the network launched. I'd say 30% of the wrestlers from the 90s era are dead and it wasn't because of natural causes.

Then it was all the raunchy stuff that could fly then and couldn't now. With WWE being PG and all, I doubt they would promote a product with non-pg stuff where kids could see it.

The WWE On Demand thing still shows all that stuff but puts a huge warning before it saying that it's meant for adults only.

KissVibes

Banned

WWE Classics on Demand has had the The Godfather and his employees on it. Fuck, I once had to explain why Val Venis was getting his dick chopped (and how his manhood was saved) to my brother because CoD stuff is rarely in order. I strongly doubt showing old stuff would be a huge issue. Especially when they can have an uncensored block during late nights.

The WWE Network wasn't the worst idea in the world but it's just not feasible with the way TV is right now. I also don't blame them for not wanting half of the Universal channel because they'd have to show half of a bunch of bullshit and probably wouldn't have the WWE branding.

Since the WWE loves all this social media garbage, they should just be the first (to my knowledge) online-only channel. $10-$15 every month for a 24/7 HQ stream (and limited VOD section) of wrestling on my PC sounds good to me. I'd even watch those dumbass WWE films.

Aiii

So not worth it
This isn't much better:
vlcsnap2012090709h42m20.png

Why not go with a cool motive. Say what you will about Sting, but his black-and-white make-up is amazing. Even when he started adding some red, still amazing. And a few weeks ago I even liked his half face normal, half face joker paint.

But this just looks so stupid. What a goof.

strobogo

Banned
He's certainly taken his face painting to a new level. The eyeball on the eyelids thing has to go. It's too creepy. A quick Google Images search of him is hilarious. I forgot how fat he got. He looks like Raven during his TNA title run.

Oh, SHIT - announced for PWG's next show on October 27th;

• Rich Swann vs El Generico
Fuck yes, that match should be amazing. <3 PWG.

ROH also had that feeling with Samoa Joe and CM Punk back in 2004-2006

Also; Homicide - I've been watching a lot of early ROH recently, and when that siren hit, the crowd always went nuts because they knew shit was about to be FUCKED UP. Like Super Dragon, Homicide (before TNA ruined him) had that aura of real, palpable danger about him, especially in those early feuds with Joe, Corino and, later, Cabana.

tm24

Also; Homicide - I've been watching a lot of early ROH recently, and when that siren hit, the crowd always went nuts because they knew shit was about to be FUCKED UP. Like Super Dragon, Homicide (before TNA ruined him) had that aura of real, palpable danger about him, especially in those early feuds with Joe, Corino and, later, Cabana.

Oh god, yes. The aura peaked at the culmination of ROH/CZW feud at DBD IV. As soon as those sirens hit and Julius came out to hype Homicide up, it was on.

Aiii

So not worth it
I can understand someone like Punk and Hardy not getting along or even being friendly.

I mean, drughead vs. anti-drug zealot. Whatdidyaexpect?

I can understand someone like Punk and Hardy not getting along or even being friendly.

I mean, drughead vs. anti-drug zealot. Whatdidyaexpect?

The "zealot" thing is just as act. Just because you're straight-edge IRL doesn't mean you automatically despise anyone who does drugs. If I had to guess, Lita and Maria would be the reason they don't get along.

Aiii

So not worth it
The "zealot" thing is just as act. Just because you're straight-edge IRL doesn't mean you automatically despise anyone who does drugs. If I had to guess, Lita and Maria would be the reason they don't get along.

Sure, it's over-the-top on air. But lets be honest here, how many people who have a conviction for something like Punk does for being straith-edge are ever able to keep it pretty much to themselves?

I'm sure he's not actively recruiting people into a real life SES or anything, but I'm convinced that if he's surrounded by people doing drugs regularly and even coming to shows under the influence that Punk is the first to go "fuck that guy" and put them on ignore mode.

Sokantish

I think that video is the one that made me hate Jeff Hardy so much. He is such an idiot, and his brother is just as bad as him.

Wait...they actually had 'The Samoan Submission Machine' tap-out to Jeff fucking Hardy's weak-ass crippler cross-face? Lol, wut?

Jeff Hardy is the drizzling shits.

Sure, it's over-the-top on air. But lets be honest here, how many people who have a conviction for something like Punk does for being straith-edge are ever able to keep it pretty much to themselves?

I'm sure he's not actively recruiting people into a real life SES or anything, but I'm convinced that if he's surrounded by people doing drugs regularly and even coming to shows under the influence that Punk is the first to go "fuck that guy" and put them on ignore mode.

Maria said in a shoot that he likes to laugh at people that are on drugs. Looking at the current roster doesn't look like there's alot of drug users left

Cena?
Rock?
Rey (He stopped so hes fat now)
Sin Cara
Ryback
Orton

Thats it really the rest don't really look like they are on anything. Alot of guys look kinda dumpy compared to the steroid users of the 80's and 90's.

hertog

I wish TNA and WWE could switch production values.

TNA is better in every aspect right now. Best thing about them are no super faces like Sheamus and Cena. They can actually surprise you with an outcome of match once in a while.

jmdajr

WWE Classics on Demand has had the The Godfather and his employees on it. Fuck, I once had to explain why Val Venis was getting his dick chopped (and how his manhood was saved) to my brother because CoD stuff is rarely in order. I strongly doubt showing old stuff would be a huge issue. Especially when they can have an uncensored block during late nights.

The WWE Network wasn't the worst idea in the world but it's just not feasible with the way TV is right now. I also don't blame them for not wanting half of the Universal channel because they'd have to show half of a bunch of bullshit and probably wouldn't have the WWE branding.

Since the WWE loves all this social media garbage, they should just be the first (to my knowledge) online-only channel. $10-$15 every month for a 24/7 HQ stream (and limited VOD section) of wrestling on my PC sounds good to me. I'd even watch those dumbass WWE films.

Yup, online channel with Xbox access please

Morgadeth

So guys, how great was Ohno this week?

hipsterohno.png

"What are you gonna do old man, armdrag me?"

Yeah, NXT continues to provide quality over quantity. I can't wait for Ohno to go to Smackdown and have a quick monster heel run, before Vince gets bored of his new toy.

Top Bottom