• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

I don't think we're actually on the same page of what we're talking about. I'm saying there is no one with the aura that Cena/Taker/Rock/HHH/even Punk have in TNA. They don't have that in their company. Even with a guy like Kurt who had that in WWE, he lost it a month into being with TNA. Since no one has that big name aura (even two guys who were two of the biggest names in the past decade, both coming off huge runs in WWE), everyone feels like they're on the same level at all times. No one feels special is what I'm trying to say. TNA just kills those big time auras. They can only keep it going for a month or two and then whoever turns into just another guy.

Okay, I get what you're saying, but honestly, I don't feel like HHH, Punk, or Cena have any aura about them, they're just in front of more people. HHH forces everyone to believe he's special, but longtime fans know the deal. Taker and The Rock though, I grant you that. Taker has a legit wrestling legend aura, and The Rock is on a level only challenged by Hulk Hogan and Stone Cold. TNA doesn't, and probably never will, have guys with that aura. The issue here is that I don't think Kurt Angle had that. They might have squandered his drawing power, but, realistically, how long would that have lasted without a Stone Cold, or Shawn Michaels, or The Rock to bounce off of? Kurt's a wrestling legend in his own right, but he wasn't some huge household name.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Okay, I get what you're saying, but honestly, I don't feel like HHH, Punk, or Cena have any aura about them, they're just in front of more people. HHH forces everyone to believe he's special, but longtime fans know the deal. Taker and The Rock though, I grant you that. Taker has a legit wrestling legend aura, and The Rock is on a level only challenged by Hulk Hogan and Stone Cold. TNA doesn't, and probably never will, have guys with that aura. The issue here is that I don't think Kurt Angle had that. They might have squandered his drawing power, but, realistically, how long would that have lasted without a Stone Cold, or Shawn Michaels, or The Rock to bounce off of? Kurt's a wrestling legend in his own right, but he wasn't some huge household name.
TNA's environment hurts that, as well. It's hard to give guys a huge aura when they're just wrestling in front of small studio audiences. The main reason why Taker is a legend is because of the huge spectacle that came with his character. Pyro, lights, druids, huge crowds, huge opponents. If Taker had debuted in TNA, he would be considered good, but nothing big.

Striker

TNA's environment hurts that, as well. It's hard to give guys a huge aura when they're just wrestling in front of small studio audiences. The main reason why Taker is a legend is because of the huge spectacle that came with his character. Pyro, lights, druids, huge crowds, huge opponents. If Taker had debuted in TNA, he would be considered good, but nothing big.
PLk5n.jpg

Have to start somewhere. He still had that moody entrance with dark lighting and his memorable music theme. He got help by getting into programs with the likes of Hogan and Flair, as well as very talented guys like Hart, Michaels, (Scott) Hall, and Jake Roberts. His stuff with Warrior/Roberts was great for his character. Despite Warrior's ring ability, dude was mega-over and those things helped Taker greatly.

Well yeah, that feeds into my argument about HHH, Cena, and Punk being in front of more people which gives off a false feeling of them being "big deals." They aren't, there are just more people in the crowd. Punk WAS a big deal for about a month, but that's gone. Brock was a big deal for like a second, but he started complaining about contracts THEN LOST, so that's gone too. HHH was a big deal when wrestling was a big deal, but that's gone. Cena was never a big deal, he's just been on top constantly for 8 years so people are familiar with him.

The Rock and Taker have that aura, but if you're criticizing TNA for not having anyone on that level, it's a bit unrealistic.

Either Batista doesn't know about Trips' 'retirement', or even he doesn't buy it.

w76b4.jpg

This is a real thing that is happening.

what in theeeeee fuck

Ya know............Bischoff is a big motorcycle guy and he hasnt been seen in months...........Since he was "banned" from TNA only way back is a hostile takeover.....Ughhh please God no, that would be worse than Hogan.

Ugh, don't even talk about it.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Well yeah, that feeds into my argument about HHH, Cena, and Punk being in front of more people which gives off a false feeling of them being "big deals." They aren't, there are juts more people in the crowd. Punk WAS a big deal for about a month, but that's gone. Brock was a big deal for like a second, but he started complaining about contracts THEN LOST, so that's gone too. HHH was a big deal when wrestling was a big deal, but that's gone. Cena was never a big deal, he's just been on top constantly for 8 years so people are familiar with him.

The Rock and Taker have that aura, but if you're criticizing TNA for not having anyone on that level, it's a bit unrealistic.
Yeah, truthfully, I only consider guys a big deal if they main evented during the attitude era. HHH only started main eventing when he got with Steph, and before that he was obviously a mid-card guy who know why considered a big deal. Despite that, I'll still put him in the convo.

strobogo

Banned
HHH was in the main events months before anything to do with Stephanie. They didn't hook up until they had the angle together. HHH was already a two time champion before that angle started.

I don't think it is unrealistic considering how many territories that ran in the same area all the time in little studios managed to give guys that kind of aura. Even indies like ROH and PWG have done it. I'm not saying they should have guys with the aura of Taker or Rock. I mean people with that kind of aura for their promotion. Super Dragon doesn't have a WWE mega star aura, but he sure has it in PWG. I'm saying TNA doesn't have that in their promotion. There is no one with the "super big star for TNA" feeling. It's just an observation. They've been really bad at that since the beginning. But there were guys that felt like big stars with in the promotion in the early days. They just can't keep it up for more than a month or two anymore.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
HHH was in the main events months before anything to do with Stephanie. They didn't hook up until they had the angle together. HHH was already a two time champion before that angle started.
True, but I like to pretend like that's not case cause I dislike him so greatly.

BTW, I actually believe they started dating before he got into that angle. I believe they started whenever HHH and Chyna stopped being an on screen pair, or a bit before that. I think Chyna stated that their pairing broke up when she found out that they were dating.

Kaladin

No Surrender is looking like a great PPV:

*Austin Aries vs. "Armbreaker" in a "Fight"

*Bound for Glory Series Semi-Final: James Storm vs. Bully Ray.

*Bound for Glory Series Semi-Final: Samoa Joe vs. Jeff Hardy.

*BFG Series Finals

*TNA Knockouts champion Miss Tessmacher vs. Tara.

*TNA Tag Team champions Kazarian & Christopher Daniels vs. AJ Styles & Kurt Angle.

*Rob Van Dam vs. Magnus.

I have no problem with any of these matches.

*BFG Series Finals

*TNA Tag Team champions Kazarian & Christopher Daniels vs. AJ Styles & Kurt Angle.

*Rob Van Dam vs. Magnus.

That card ain't got no aura. I'm skipping it.

Can't wait for Raw :D

:p

*BFG Series Finals

*Rob Van Dam vs. Magnus.

It is a good card but they did not promote it well at all. Also I dont care at all for the Aries match, what is the point? Bury Aces and Eights or Bury your World Champ? Either way someone comes away looking small time and neither party needs that right now.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
So, I checked out that Kane's inferno fansite. They have recommendations from time to time on other fansites.

Today's recommendation was a Dean Ambrose fan site.

Kane's putting over the youth.

tm24

I don't think it is unrealistic considering how many territories that ran in the same area all the time in little studios managed to give guys that kind of aura. Even indies like ROH and PWG have done it. I'm not saying they should have guys with the aura of Taker or Rock. I mean people with that kind of aura for their promotion. Super Dragon doesn't have a WWE mega star aura, but he sure has it in PWG. I'm saying TNA doesn't have that in their promotion. There is no one with the "super big star for TNA" feeling. It's just an observation. They've been really bad at that since the beginning. But there were guys that felt like big stars with in the promotion in the early days. They just can't keep it up for more than a month or two anymore.

This man speaks the truth. When Super Dragon is in the ring, it means fucking business and all of PWG is stopping to watch the destruction he leaves in his wake. Just watch this video to see people flip the fuck out for his return

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGr_y8NxcAo

ROH also had that feeling with Samoa Joe and CM Punk back in 2004-2006

It's so nice watching old matches on WWE.Com without "WWF" being silenced out whenever someone says it.
For some reason i at first i thought it was Vince being no FUCK THE WWF WERE THE WWE NOW!! Like how he tries to dissociate with wrestlers that aren't in the company anymore which has actually gotten better with lately he doesn't seem to care that much anymore. They promote alot of stars who aren't with the company anymore on their youtube channel, facebook, dvds, and WWE.com

WHat a great RAW i wish they would use Del Rio better at least how he was the 1st year he was there. The Si chants are some of the best

For some reason i at first i thought it was Vince being no FUCK THE WWF WERE THE WWE NOW!! Like how he tries to dissociate with wrestlers that aren't in the company anymore which has actually gotten better with lately he doesn't seem to care that much anymore. They promote alot of stars who aren't with the company anymore on their youtube channel, facebook, dvds, and WWE.com

That's because he knows TNA isn't a threat whatsoever.

ever notice how people not with the company are always on the loosing end of things. when brock lesnar returned they ran 4 promos of brock destroying current TNA ex wwe people

Top Bottom