• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Playground bully who, despite any insecurities and a dismissive attitude, can kick one's ass.

That's the character people online have put on him. What's his actual, on screen gimmick? He doesn't have one. He came in and his whole thing was "I want to beat John Cena", he did, and he's had no semblance of a character since then.

"Definitely".

Whatever helps you and Steph sleep at night.
AJ-Lee-s-tattoo-tribute-to-her-Divas-Championship-win-aj-lee-35574628-1284-722.jpg

So, they have a match that is hyped up and given importance, has a storyline going into it, a clear story and psychology in the match, and is being given plenty of time. And people are still shitting on it. Lol.

That's the character people online have put on him. What's his actual, on screen gimmick? He doesn't have one. He came in and his whole thing was "I want to beat John Cena", he did, and he's had no semblance of a character since then.

"Wanting to beat John Cena's character" was his goal, not his character. His character is that he's been grinding away outside the WWE for years, knows he's got more moves and is better than everyone else, and only gives people as much of the time of day as he has to. You can argue that he hasn't had a good story since Cena, but his character was fairly clear, if your goal is not just to wind people up so they read your subsidized wrestling slang-titled web site.

Edit: This match is good. I think people's sense of in-ring storytelling is fucking busted after 10 years of RoH. It's like how that Ambrose-Rollins ladder match at MitB was absolutely great, yet people shit on it as "boring" because they weren't throwing themselves off ladders.

Top Bottom