• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Lothar

Banned
Well WrassleGAF, should I go to this?

CPDuJSPUcAAXgxe.jpg

It could actually be interesting if he had any new stories to tell but he never does. He just repeats the same stories in every shoot and every interview like people are hearing them for the first time. So you would just be paying to hear a repeat of everything he's ever said. I would like to hear his take on how they came up with specific things like Austin challenging McMahon, Austin holding McMahon hostage, Undertaker becoming satanic and sacrificing people, the higher power angle, USA vs Canada in 1997, but he never talks about any of that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Lashley always cracks me up. He ALWAYS looks like the company he was just at was giving out free swag and he just grabbed EVERYTHING

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's a bit early to say, but I feel pretty confident in saying my feud of the year is
tumblr_inline_nqzvx03vqO1qhf2de_500.png

Other contenders are Fenix/Muertes, Shibata/Sakuraba, Akebono/Miyahara, Kotaro Suzuki/Atsushi Aoki, KAI and Hideki Suzuki, Akebono/Zeus and potentially Naito/Shibata and Suzuki/Sugiura

Damn I was suitably entertained by the Rhyno/Corbin vs Ciampa/Gargano Dusty Classic match. Gargano and Ciampa looked much more comfortable than in their 1st match and Rhyno and Corbin bumped like crazy for them. Good stuff all around tonight from the Kana vignetter, Crews/Crowe and Tye Dillinger with his "10" movement. Only thing I could ask for is maybe the E releasing the entire Dusty Classic on the network including the house show matches.

Dave said:
Wrestling at its best should be something you look forward to every week and when it’s over, can’t wait to see what happens next. It should not be something where you feel like you deserve a medal just for being able to sit through it and maintain interest in the third hour.

Keep in mind, that in January, ratings will bounce back, to a degree. In actuality, the early year bounce back in 2015 felt like less than most years, and the pre-football decline was significantly lower to start with than any year since Raw was getting killed by Nitro. So record lows, as we’ve had already the past two weeks, should get even lower, particularly in October when the sports competition gets even stronger.

Mark Madden said:
With Raw's ratings in the tank and no relief in sight as MNF sets the hook, WWE has 2 available scapegoats: the Divas "revolution" and Sting. Something Vince never liked anyway, and the WCW guy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Well I just watched TNA and boy that was boring. The worst part was the CONSTANT Jarrett and Dixie promos after every commercial. Not once did it bring up the wrestlers, it was ALWAYS about Jarrett or Jarrett and Dixie. Everything is about Dixie and Jarrett.

The 'surprise' got no reaction. The roster is pathetically thin. I'm no means a Lashley fan but him and Jeff looked really out of place in TNA like, 'why are you guys still here?' But the worst aspect was the commentary. I've cited Schiavonne as feeling fake before, but Schiavonne has moments of humanity where he laughs at Heenan or Larry and you remember that he's having some fun. Josh Matthews is like the most fake, phony, 'read every line word by word' mother fucker I've ever heard.

Don West at least was authentic. Mongo at least was authentic. Tenay was terrible when he tried to show emotion but at least he TRIED.

bjork

Well I just watched TNA and boy that was boring. The worst part was the CONSTANT Jarrett and Dixie promos after every commercial. Not once did it bring up the wrestlers, it was ALWAYS about Jarrett or Jarrett and Dixie. Everything is about Dixie and Jarrett.

The 'surprise' got no reaction. The roster is pathetically thin. I'm no means a Lashley fan but him and Jeff looked really out of place in TNA like, 'why are you guys still here?' But the worst aspect was the commentary. I've cited Schiavonne as feeling fake before, but Schiavonne has moments of humanity where he laughs at Heenan or Larry and you remember that he's having some fun. Josh Matthews is like the most fake, phony, 'read every line word by word' mother fucker I've ever heard.

Don West at least was authentic. Mongo at least was authentic. Tenay was terrible when he tried to show emotion but at least he TRIED.

October Wrasslin' OT | Well I just watched TNA and boy that was boring |

The opening 12 minute promo between Jeff and Dixie was awful, but at least had Karen's nipples as a redeeming feature. THEN WE GOT A VIDEO PACKAGE RECAPPING HOW GREAT TNA USED TO BE! Shera vs. Abyss peaked with Bigfoot dancing. Knockouts four way had some fine fanservice and scary bumps thanks to Tapa not knowing what the fuck she's doing. All of the Jeff-EC3 stuff was amusing, and they even added in some homoerotic subtext to the whole deal. Lethal Lockdown was nearly an hour of nothing beyond some bad commentary and forgettable wrestling. They did at least give it time though, and the post-match at least felt like a big deal in theory.

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-...tv-results-lethal-lockdown-for-control-of-tna

Quotes -

EC3 - Jeff - COME NOW!

EC3 - Jeff's shaking his little tush on the catwork.

EC3 - Jeff, are you going for some backdoor action!?

Pope - There's no bias here - I'M STANDING BEHIND TNA!

Josh - The monitors backstage are sold out!

Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/d70wjvy9ug68le5biqnba1nq4ek5zp0d

Then came word on 9/14 that CMLL has banned any of its wrestlers from appearing on any shows that Park or Wagner Jr. are booked on, and has said that the ban is permanent. Right now, a few indie promoters faced with that ultimatum have chosen to use Park and Wagner Jr., who are bigger draws, which has cost CMLL talent work. That’s seemingly a huge blow to All Elite, if they are still around since they have no new shows announced. All Elite had drawn some great houses and some not so great houses this year doing shows that combined legends from the past like Octagon and Fuerza Guerrera, along with Park and Wagner Jr., and the top CMLL stars.

Does quack run CMLL?

RP912

Banned
It's a bit early to say, but I feel pretty confident in saying my feud of the year is
tumblr_inline_nqzvx03vqO1qhf2de_500.png

Other contenders are Fenix/Muertes, Shibata/Sakuraba, Akebono/Miyahara, Kotaro Suzuki/Atsushi Aoki, KAI and Hideki Suzuki, Akebono/Zeus and potentially Naito/Shibata and Suzuki/Sugiura

Top five feuds of the year

1. Bata/Naito
2. Yano/Tana
3. Sting/relevance
4. Seth/TMZ
5. Banks/Bayley

jred2k

Despite a weird finish Brock/Taker has completely delivered for me. That match was exactly what I wanted it to be and dick kicker Taker is my favorite character development in years.

I read on the dirt sheets that this GFW v TNA thing is basically TNA paying for JJ's shares in the company.

Kind of smart on his front I guess. Get some quick and dirty exposure for your company AND wash your hands clean before things get real bad for TNA.

This sounds amazing

A nostalgia show on 9/5 in Osaka featured Hall of Famers Atsushi Onita & Chigusa Nagayo as a mixed tag team in a lumberjack electric current blast and back screen three barrage bat death match, for the promotion’s tag team title, which they lost to Taru & Dump Matsumoto (without a doubt the most over female heel of all-time who was Nagayo’s big 80s rival) when Taru blew up Nagayo with the electric current for the pin. The show featured a lot of Zero-One talent as well as old talent from the All Japan women’s group. Onita & Nagayo then regained the titles on 9/12 in Niigata in a similar style match when Nagoya pinned Taru after an explosion

ROH news

Hmmmm
PWG is trying to put together a deal with ROH where they can also get Adam Cole and Kyle O’Reilly back

Big mike vs ishii

New Japan CEO Naoki Sugabayashi said that ROH specifically asked him about doing a Michael Elgin vs. Tomohiro Ishii match next year, because of the great match the two had in G-1

I love that he's like "Oh no, he broke the handle, now this heavy sledgehammer head is useless!".
Even the finish of the match was him remembering "wait this is still a sledgehammer just with a shorter handle" and clobbering Sting with it anyway.

Shawn Michaels can't even handle it. Look how he walks away.

Top Bottom