• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

2015-10-10_zpsdid5hhg0.jpg

Indie poster Thursday

Man God

Non-Canon Member
While the product as a whole has been up and down this year there's a surprisingly healthy amount of MOTY contenders.

Ithil

There was a Tanahashi / Yano feud? Lol?

Sort of a mini feud that comes and goes. Yano got a surprise rollup win really quickly in the New Japan Cup and knocked Tanahashi out of the tournament. He kept boasting about this and needling Tanahashi. There was a pretty funny bit on one of the shows where Yano was making his entrance, when Tanahashi was on guest commentary for that night. Yano spots him at the announce table, walks over, then points and laughs at him, while Tana is stonyfaced.

They've had some matches since where Tanahashi normally trounces him as expected but there's always a long two count on those dirty rollups by Yano.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Two random musings from a long day of thinking.

J&J should be rewarded for their long service with the authority...by being granted the WCW Crusierweight tag titles. They can then have mini feuds with the Lucha Dragons and maybe Los Matadors or an NXT call up.

Belebration is tomorrow. This weekend a certain similarly named MMA federation is running an event with multiple cages. Two cages. Twin cages. Follow the Money.

Biggest news of all, total divas replacing ass biz

new season of Total Divas that is currently filming, Naomi is back off the show, which she’s noted publicly, which also means her husband is off as well, and Amanda Saccomanno from Tough enough has been signed and is replacing her in the cast as we had said looked to be the case last week

Also ZZ was signed as well

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Is this TNA/GWF deal the most meta thing to ever happen in wrestling?

1. The feud was over Jeff Jarrett's stake in the company which he bet in a gambit to get total control of the company. That's the worked bit.

2. To get this on tv, he had to forefit his stake in the company. That's the reality of the situation. Not that 7 percent of jack shit is anything but jack shit, but still.

3. This news comes out one day before the match is aired.

Is this TNA/GWF deal the most meta thing to ever happen in wrestling?

1. The feud was over Jeff Jarrett's stake in the company which he bet in a gambit to get total control of the company. That's the worked bit.

2. To get this on tv, he had to forefit his stake in the company. That's the reality of the situation. Not that 7 percent of jack shit is anything but jack shit, but still.

3. This news comes out one day before the match is aired.

Jeff is kind of a genius. Get free promotion and washes his hands of TNA. Kind of amazing

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Watched the second half of TNA tonight. Wasn't bad, better than the last few weeks. Still not good. People seemed to be trying more than usual last few weeks. Knockouts match was sloppy in a good way. Bram being the surprise member cracked me up.

tm24

Does quack run CMLL?

No, that's just lucha in general. Promotions do this all the time to indies to spite workers. It usually ends in a couple of months once the head promotion realizes that they have to pay their workers more to comp the dates theyre missing out on

LycanXIII

So on the Oct 7 NXT Special the matches announced so far are:

Sasha vs Bayley 30 minute match
Dusty Final
Dusty Semi Final
Dusty Semis Final

So most likely another match is
Asuka and ? vs Emma and Dana Brooke
then the card is filled.

What about Nia Jax? When is she supposed to debut?

So, I was watching Mike Sanders' shoot when I had a thought.

It's interesting that WWE suddenly started to acknowledge the "Cesaro Section" just as Cesaro was summarily cut out of the main event picture. What a clever bit of antagonizing the fans. On the other hand, Cesaro can't survive his birth into the main event picture, so WWE saved his life with an immediate emergency Cesarean section to send him back down the card, ensuring a longer career. Fascinating writing.

So, I was watching Mike Sanders' shoot when I had a thought.

It's interesting that WWE suddenly started to acknowledge the "Cesaro Section" just as Cesaro was summarily cut out of the main event picture. What a clever bit of antagonizing the fans. On the other hand, Cesaro can't survive his birth into the main event picture, so WWE saved his life with an immediate emergency Cesarean section to send him back down the card, ensuring a longer career. Fascinating writing.

this is worse than all the cena protecting nikki talk

and just nikki talk in general

Biggest news of all, total divas replacing ass biz

Also ZZ was signed as well

noooooo, i liked her husband a lot on that show. and naomi's booty was...god damn. at least bring in sasha banks or somethin.

also smh at paige and her lapdog going along with that engagement plot in the show. it just makes him look like a real lame.

Aiii

So not worth it
noooooo, i liked her husband a lot on that show. and naomi's booty was...god damn. at least bring in sasha banks or somethin.

also smh at paige and her lapdog going along with that engagement plot in the show. it just makes him look like a real lame.

Can't have a Total Divas season without a wedding subplot, come on now.

KingBroly

Banned
Prediction for Sunday:

Rollins loses to Cena

Rollins loses to Sting

Sheamus cashes-in and wins against Sting

Sheamus v. Rollins at Hell in a Cell

Fox318

Who even is the real Terry Bollea?

It seems like he is always trying to work somebody for that next gig.

Does he even have the capability to tell the truth?

bjork

Minoru Fujita, the worst dude named Fujita in Japanese wrestling.

1. Fujita 'Jr' Hayato
2. Kazuyuki Fujita
3. Mineo Fujita
4. Magnitude Kishiwada (last name Fujita)
5. YO-HEY Fujita
6. Minoru Fujita

Worst like he's a bad wrestler, or he's a bad person? I suppose he could be both.

2-2: Consider using sublevels to put the flagpole and stage start in the overworld (granted you'd have to redo the whole thing to do so since you can't copy over sublevels)

2-4: The final section feels like a difficulty spike by comparison to everything before hand when you have Bowser's fireballs, kamek and floor bound boos all at once.

Also wrestling.

2-2: I think I hadn't unlocked sub levels at that point, but it's something I plan to do on future levels.

2-4: It probably is a little harder than the rest of my stuff. I actually went in and eliminated like 3 enemies after play testing before I uploaded it. I just had so many people telling me my levels were too easy. A stark contrast to the amount of totally impossible bullshit most people make...

I played Aiii's levels and commented on Miiverse. They're pretty good. I looked for Seph's, but couldn't find them. Has anyone else made any?

I can't believe NoC is Sunday. I hope Sting wins, but I reeeeeeally don't want Sheamus to cash in on him. Sheamus is probably one of my least favorite guys on the roster. :/

Top Bottom