• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

That wierd looking UK New Japan show (not the Rev Pro ones) got cancelled. Promoter doing a 1PW with the company now "under new management"

The guy seems like a right bellend, not at all surprised he's cancelled the show - I'm guessing ticket sales were very sluggish, probably due to the location. Gloucester's too far away for most, but people from round that way likely won't see London & Reading as too far to go for the RevPro shows that, on paper, are just simply better booked with a better range of talent, rather than just wrestlers the promoter's chummy with.

The guy seems like a right bellend, not at all surprised he's cancelled the show - I'm guessing ticket sales were very sluggish, probably due to the location. Gloucester's too far away for most, but people from round that way likely won't see London & Reading as too far to go for the RevPro shows that, on paper, are just simply better booked with a better range of talent, rather than just wrestlers the promoter's chummy with.

#BritWresCarnys #Shitarse

BritWres does indeed seem to be inundated with a ton of carny fucks - that's why it always amazes me when I see people criticising PROGRESS for not being run by "wrestling people". Haha, so what? They're classier and more professional than 90% of the promoters in this country.

RBH

FlippantHollowIbadanmalimbe.gif

Welcome friend, lets have a fave five.

Well, you should probably know that my tastes are skewed to the women's side of things...I love watching the guys too, but women's wrestling (the good kind) has always been more interesting to me, which is one of the reasons the "Diva Revolution" sticks in my craw so much.

That said...

Current
Sasha Banks
Cesaro
Finn Balor
Becky Lynch
Madison Eagles

All Time
Manami Toyota
Eddie Guerrero
Akira Hokuto
Bret Hart
Sara Del Rey

hehehe, the tease for the bret interview on Review-A-Raw has John asking Bret Hart about the Kliq.

"today, they [the kliq] are largely praised--"

"praised by who, triple H?"

~~~~~~

shit he going in on scott hall and crap, man I gotta hear the rest

imBask

Banned
Can you guys believe that the whole MGS universe was actually just Mario dreaming at the end of Mario 2?

oh wait some of you might not have played MGS V yet sorry for the spoilers

klonere

Banned
GOD BLESS YOU STEVE AUSTIN

calling out the stupid fucking catfight spot as being completely out of place in the modern product when you have shit like Sasha vs Bayley going on and trying to legitimize your Divas division as a legitimate competition.

Fantastic breakdown of Summerfest with Keller, honestly Steve should just do these solo or with another ex wrestler or Meltzer, Keller just ain't that great.

Sad that he'd make an amazing road agent or creative person in the back but he's just not about that life anymore (thank god).

kiguel182

Raw was rough. New Day aside it was bad.

Sting's angle is weird with all the Triple H talk, it just seems forced. I get it, they will do HHH vs Rollins but having Sting talk up HHH like that for no reason just feels off.

Also, having Sasha almost lose in that throwaway match is the kind of thing I would expect WWE to do. She had the MOTY two weeks ago and now is barely on TV and almost losing to Paige. Whatever. Charlotte winning was expected, will be interesting to see how her reign goes. It would be great if she got rid of that awful belt design but I'm not holding my breath.

It was a boring Raw I guess is the sum of it.

Trying to decide if I'm better off ordering BOLA from PWG and risking customs, or from Highspots and over pay.

EDIT: Night 3 is 2 discs! Expect Highspots to charge 20 quid for that one, so going for PWG.

Raw was rough. New Day aside it was bad.

Sting's angle is weird with all the Triple H talk, it just seems forced. I get it, they will do HHH vs Rollins but having Sting talk up HHH like that for no reason just feels off.

Also, having Sasha almost lose in that throwaway match is the kind of thing I would expect WWE to do. She had the MOTY two weeks ago and now is barely on TV and almost losing to Paige. Whatever. Charlotte winning was expected, will be interesting to see how her reign goes. It would be great if she got rid of that awful belt design but I'm not holding my breath.

It was a boring Raw I guess is the sum of it.

Mind games. Which Stephanie explicitly pointed out on the TV show twice. They're building Sting as the master of mind games, to the point where he just has to show up to get dude's rattled. In the process, it helps set up Rolins vs HHH. It all makes perfect sense.

Just saw the Hulk Hogan interview. Feel bad for the guy on some levels but I wish he would not reference his environment and other excuses for what he did. Just admit you did wrong, ACKNOWLEDGE that you have some racism in your heart, ask forgiveness, and get some help to overcome your thoughts on African Americans. I don't understand why people just can't acknowledge their biases and faults and try to eliminate them, quit making excuses.

That being said his scrubbing from wwe history is total and complete bullshit. He's not Benoit and dosent deserve to be treated as such, especially when you have a convicted rapist and a man who went on many homophobic rants in your hall of fame.

Boots, any hype for the Brits other than Mark Andrews that are coming over for King of Trios this weekend: Morgan Webster, Pete Dunne, Daniel Moloney, Trent Seven, and Tyler Bate?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
#ThankYouBootaaay

11986959_10206601282843866_6017286475848735746_n.jpg

So Boots, what have you been keeping quiet about that needs to be said in the wrestling world?

Trying to decide if I'm better off ordering BOLA from PWG and risking customs, or from Highspots and over pay.

EDIT: Night 3 is 2 discs! Expect Highspots to charge 20 quid for that one, so going for PWG.

Has PWG said why they don't do downloads on the same day?. Seems like it would save everyone including euros a lot of hassle

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I like the Bellatron, and the current Divas storyline is fine, and logical. Actual stakes in matches, actual consequences for the losers...everything is fine.

Sephzilla

I swear to god Sunny, I never saw minions on my Facebook much at all but ever since #ThankYouBootay started I see them way more often.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I swear to god Sunny, I never saw minions on my Facebook much at all but ever since #ThankYouBootay started I see them way more often.

Surprised it took so long, honestly. They've been a thorn in my side for a couple years at least, but lately they reached critical mass.

imBask

Banned
Sunny your positivism is off the chart, no one can defend that divas division... last night matches/segments were laughable, Charlotte's promo was the worst we've had in years

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunny your positivism is off the chart, no one can defend that divas division... last night matches/segments were laughable, Charlotte's promo was the worst we've had in years

Her promo isn't good, but I don't see an issue with anything I mentioned. Logical storyline, and following through. On top of that, an actual "event" for the women - a Beat the Clock Challenge, usually just reserved for men as a focal point in building a #1 contender. It was nice to see women get a shot at an event like that, regardless of the match quality (which will always be quicker due to the nature of the event itself.)

I've been most surprised with how poorly Charlotte has managed to fit in, but there's still plenty of time for her to learn. At this point it's clear that Banks is a goddamn prodigy, and an unfair comparison to make against most other women in the division. She nailed it with an easy to understand character.

Has PWG said why they don't do downloads on the same day?. Seems like it would save everyone including euros a lot of hassle
Piracy concerns. However the shows are routinely up on torrent sites days before my DVD reaches me.
Boots, any hype for the Brits other than Mark Andrews that are coming over for King of Trios this weekend: Morgan Webster, Pete Dunne, Daniel Moloney, Trent Seven, and Tyler Bate?
I'm not Boots, but...

Webster is good flippy shit, won this years Natural Progression tournament in PROGRESS. Can definitely recommend. Pete Dunne, Trent Seven and Tyler Bate were all good fun the one time I saw them at the CHIKARA pre-show I snuck into.

imBask

Banned
Her promo isn't good, but I don't see an issue with anything I mentioned. Logical storyline, and following through. On top of that, an actual "event" for the women - a Beat the Clock Challenge, usually just reserved for men as a focal point in building a #1 contender. It was nice to see women get a shot at an event like that, regardless of the match quality (which will always be quicker due to the nature of the event itself.)

I've been most surprised with how poorly Charlotte has managed to fit in, but there's still plenty of time for her to learn. At this point it's clear that Banks is a goddamn prodigy, and an unfair comparison to make against most other women in the division. She nailed it with an easy to understand character.

i'll give you that Banks is great, and the storyline is logical, but that doesn't make it any better. This and the Ziggler-Rusev storylines are unbearable, and unwatchable. I can only take so many piss breaks in a single night

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
BOLA 2015 preordered. Feels good.

i'll give you that Banks is great, and the storyline is logical, but that doesn't make it any better. This and the Ziggler-Rusev storylines are unbearable, and unwatchable. I can only take so many piss breaks in a single night

I can't defend Ziggler. He's poison. Crowd wanted him and Lana to break up so bad.

I still maintain it'll be a glorious reunion with Alexandr. When it happens.

imBask

Banned

I can't defend Ziggler. He's poison. Crowd wanted him and Lana to break up so bad.

I still maintain it'll be a glorious reunion with Alexandr. When it happens.

this is why RAW was so bad last night, we got like 5 different segments about this god damn storyline that won't end

MAKE IT STOP NO ONE CARES, Ziggler needs to turn heel and go full HBK

¡HarlequinPanic!;177185588 said:
#ThankYouBoootaaay is taking the WWE universe by storm, maggle an' I love it!

Charlotte feels like the weak link of the divas revolution to me :$

I agree. Charlotte has been outright bad on the main roster. And frankly, she looked pretty iffy on NXT for the last few months. Something somewhere along the line made her lose confidence or something. Her timing has been terrible, she hesitates on all her moves. I think the big time has her shook.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I agree. Charlotte has been outright bad on the main roster. And frankly, she looked pretty iffy on NXT for the last few months. Something somewhere along the line made her lose confidence or something. Her timing has been terrible, she hesitates on all her moves. I think the big time has her shook.

It didn't help to stop-start her when she was going to initially debut. Pretend it didn't happen, go back a step...nah. Not a good thing for someone. Not that that's all on her, because there's a lot of other issues.

I also just placed my preorder. The hype is real.

Rusev with both Summer Rae and Lana would work better than feuding with Ziggler.

The prospects of Erick Rowan, Roman Reigns, and Ambrose facing Wyatt, Harper, and Stroman are not encouraging.

The bookers are trying to help out the local stadiums by booking dogshit awful segments, which encourage the fans to hit the concession and merchandise stands. Eating and drinking more will force fans to use the bathroom more, which encourages them to continue to hit the concession and merchandise stands. It's a vicious cycle.

Piracy concerns. However the shows are routinely up on torrent sites days before my DVD reaches me.
I'm not Boots, but...

Webster is good flippy shit, won this years Natural Progression tournament in PROGRESS. Can definitely recommend. Pete Dunne, Trent Seven and Tyler Bate were all good fun the one time I saw them at the CHIKARA pre-show I snuck into.

Thanks. Sounds like they're good fits for Chikara, and Webster would probably end up in the Rey de Voladores matches they'll hold during King of Trios.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I should've pointed out that the live crowd in Tampa was at its hottest ironically during the two Superstars matches.

Such a weird fucking crowd, but from what I hear they weren't miced very well.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Got through the MGSV prologue yesterday, its terribly slow pace ensures I'll never do New Game again. So I need to make this playthrough count. I only rolled my eyes twice in the first hour!

Prologue spoiler:
I rolled my eyes at the fucking stupid whale. I hate fucking goddamn Metal Gear when it's being so fucking stupid

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Please provide some context to your spoiler as I won't click it since you didn't give it any context.

Top Bottom