• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Aiii

So not worth it
Most of those rules are just there because you guys have two million lawyers with nothing better to do than start the most asinine stupid lawsuits over nothing.

I can totally see someone suing Blizzard because their wife they met through World of Warcraft cheated on him with a rival guild's Warlock or some shit like that.

imBask

Banned
My co-workers apparently have no concept of what do not disturb means

I don't get some of the complaints people have with pre-ordering. If it's a smaller niche game, pre-ordering is a safe way to make sure you get a copy of the game (i would have had to wait a few weeks to get bloodborne in my area had i not pre-ordered). And if you're pre-ordering something like Metal Gear Solid V or Madden 16, I'm pretty sure you already know what you're getting into.

Pre-ordering digital copies of games is dumb as hell though

Yeah I was talking about digital copies, pre-ordering a physical copy is more of an "insurance" because they're limited

but at the core the concept is flawed, because you're paying for promises and they're getting your money even if the product is horrible...

Why should anyone give a shit about this?

No friends allowed? Come on Vince that's not very... POSITIVE
vVNnp9O.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No friends allowed? Come on Vince that's not very... POSITIVE

Just outrage because people are upset that Konami said kideo game fans ain't shit and can't pay the bills. Stand down nerds

Sephzilla

Yeah I was talking about digital copies, pre-ordering a physical copy is more of an "insurance" because they're limited

but at the core the concept is flawed, because you're paying for promises and they're getting your money even if the product is horrible...

Gamestop (at least my Gamestop) is at least cool about moving your pre-order money to a different game though even if the game you pre-ordered was already released. That's how I dodged the Colonial Marines bullet

I couldn't even watch the PCB pushin segment with Paige and Sasha

CAN PAIGE DO IT? CAN SHE BEAT SASHA IN 1:40 OR LESS?

I swear folks.

kiguel182

Mind games. Which Stephanie explicitly pointed out on the TV show twice. They're building Sting as the master of mind games, to the point where he just has to show up to get dude's rattled. In the process, it helps set up Rolins vs HHH. It all makes perfect sense.

Didn't found it to have much sense and it come out really awkward.

Why even compare him to HHH when nobody really did? It came out of nowhere and that's why it felt awkward.

Saying "you are not as good as HHH" is hardly an amazing mind game.

Heroman

Banned
I never understood why people pre order a game outside of wanting the pre oder bonus stuff, since there have never been a game that I wanted that was soldout everywhere.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I never understood why people pre order a game outside of wanting the pre oder bonus stuff, since there have never been a game I have been soldout everywhere.

If you want to buy a game and know you'll buy a game, why not preorder?

Sephzilla

Yeah, this is the hilarious thing I see. I'll see people go "boo pre-orders" and then follow it up with "DAY ONE" for a game. If you're going to buy a game the first day its available just pre-order it.

Didn't found it to have much sense and it come out really awkward.

Why even compare him to HHH when nobody really did? It came out of nowhere and that's why it felt awkward.

Saying "you are not as good as HHH" is hardly an amazing mind game.

Cena did in the build up to the match at Summerslam. The whole impetus for that match was setting up the building conflict between HHH and Seth, where Seth either gets too cocky and starts thinking he's better than HHH (which seems to be the direction) or he keeps failing, pissing HHH off, leading to a match where he beats HHH to prove he's legit.

This angle has been going on for a year. That's what all this "Future of WWE" stuff and giving him the pedigree has been heading towards.

klonere

Banned
Cena did in the build up to the match at Summerslam. The whole impetus for that match was setting up the building conflict between HHH and Seth, where Seth either gets too cocky and starts thinking he's better than HHH (which seems to be the direction) or he keeps failing, pissing HHH off, leading to a match where he beats HHH to prove he's legit.

This angle has been going on for a year. That's what all this "Future of WWE" stuff and giving him the pedigree has been heading towards.

why is a babyface saying a heel and someone who cheated to beat him is a great guy.

The deck was really stacked for Charlotte eh? Like who couldn't put away Brie Bella in under a couple minutes.

Teach the controversy

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah it was telegraphed clearly as soon as Seth was "given" the curbstomp, if not earlier.

Heroman

Banned

For me retail preorder doesn't make much since since general games don't sellout , digital preorders on the other hand make since because you can download the game game and play as soon as it comes out.

why is a babyface saying a heel and someone who cheated to beat him is a great guy.

Sting said that HHH proved that he was a real man and was just better at WM. Also because it fucks with Seth, focusing on his inferiority complex with HHH. HHH and Steph allowing Sting into a title match and making Seth defend the US Championship against Cena the same night shows blatantly that Seth is just another guy to the Authority, and he'll have to break away and beat HHH to prove he's legit.

jmdajr

Ryback had a good match.

Nice. Paige didn't win. I can only imagine the meltdowns if she did.

KO match was not on hulu plus.

Sting said enough. Let's roll.

kiguel182

Exactly.

It's pretty obvious it has been building up for that. It's just dumb.

"I respect HHH for shaking my hand even thought he cheated to win and his an ass and you are half a man he is" makes for a weird promo.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, what's up with Cesaro slapping Owens' belly in the vertical suplex spot? Is this a rib?

The biggest problem with the Seth/Triple H program right now is that Seth needs to be more sympathetic. He's a little too good at remaining cocky while his shitheel bosses emasculate him in public.

kiguel182

It's impossible to take any talk of a Divas revolution seriously when they keep Brie around. She is so bad it's incredible. She makes their opponents look bad too.

Exactly.

It's pretty obvious it has been building up for that. It's just dumb.

"I respect HHH for shaking my hand even thought he cheated to win and his an ass and you are half a man he is" makes for a weird promo.

It does if you take it in the context of the year of Seth/Rollins interactions and Sting's previous comments about HHH, as well as WWE portraying him as the ultimate mind game type into consideration. Out of context and out of the blue it might seem weird, but it is part of a much bigger, longer story where it does make sense.

Much like Taker showing up as a broken down piece of shit dick kicker seems odd, but makes perfect sense in the context of the 2 year story it is in.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The biggest problem with the Seth/Triple H program right now is that Seth needs to be more sympathetic. He's a little too good at remaining cocky while his shitheel bosses emasculate him in public.

Yeah, right now it could go either way with Triple H. Hopefully he can get some sympy.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Before RAW yesterday you the thread posed the question about what if Bret had stayed in the WWF and some of you came to the conclusion that he just wouldn't fit in.

Coincidentally right around the time I finally watched the RAWs and PPVs where he turns heel and I gotta say; he'd do just fine as a full blown Attitude era heel. He has, bar maybe Hogan, the best Heel turn ever. Definitely the best justification for a heel turn (Even better than JR's in 1996) where he literally stands in the ring for fifteen minutes and explains his actions rationally from his point of view without ever once straying from the truth. Usually when someone says "I detect no lies!" or something to that effect they do it for comedic value because the heel's POV is so warped that he thinks something happened in a way where it clearly didn't. But not this time.

The second part of it happens a week later when he convinces Bulldog and Owen to stop feuding and join him in his crusade against America. Another all time great segment with literally years of storyline coming together. References events from 1992, 1994-1996.

The Hart Foundation was perfectly poised to be a big deal even in 1998.

Loving the new Iron Maiden album, possibly their best since Brave New World, but I'm gonna need a few more listens. And once again the single is the least interesting song on there, lol.

FlammableD said:
Big Dave on Ospreay:

Huge praise from Dave there - Ospreay's got a lot of hype surrounding him, but while he isn't all there yet he has the tools, he has the talent and I think 2016 is going to be a very important year in his career.

#ThankYouBootaaay

Will you stop!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Best since Brave New World? Hmmmm.

I still have a soft spot for Seventh Son.

Sephzilla

Before RAW yesterday you the thread posed the question about what if Bret had stayed in the WWF and some of you came to the conclusion that he just wouldn't fit in.

Coincidentally right around the time I finally watched the RAWs and PPVs where he turns heel and I gotta say; he'd do just fine as a full blown Attitude era heel. He has, bar maybe Hogan, the best Heel turn ever. Definitely the best justification for a heel turn (Even better than JR's in 1996) where he literally stands in the ring for fifteen minutes and explains his actions rationally from his point of view without ever once straying from the truth. Usually when someone says "I detect no lies!" or something to that effect they do it for comedic value because the heel's POV is so warped that he thinks something happened in a way where it clearly didn't. But not this time.

The second part of it happens a week later when he convinces Bulldog and Owen to stop feuding and join him in his crusade against America. Another all time great segment with literally years of storyline coming together. References events from 1992, 1994-1996.

The Hart Foundation was perfectly poised to be a big deal even in 1998.

Thank you.

Attitude Era heel Bret and the Hart Foundation was glorious

I honestly don't even see how they turn Seth face from this.

Once Triple H stops being passive aggressive and directly attacks Seth you can have him go hat in hand to Dean/Roman. Let them beat him up a bit or have Seth be the one to turn the tide against the Wyatts in order to earn their respect then re-unite them. People fucking love the Shield more than they ever hated Seth (or Roman for that matter).

klonere

Banned
Sting said that HHH proved that he was a real man and was just better at WM. Also because it fucks with Seth, focusing on his inferiority complex with HHH. HHH and Steph allowing Sting into a title match and making Seth defend the US Championship against Cena the same night shows blatantly that Seth is just another guy to the Authority, and he'll have to break away and beat HHH to prove he's legit.

I know that they are setting up HHH and Rollins and have been for a long long time but having Sting come out and slurp up to HHH is probably one of the most nonsensical, non-sequitur story beats I've seen in a while.

Unless the swerve is that Sting is secretly working with The Authority or something, which might be even worse.

kiguel182

It does if you take it in the context of the year of Seth/Rollins interactions and Sting's previous comments about HHH, as well as WWE portraying him as the ultimate mind game type into consideration. Out of context and out of the blue it might seem weird, but it is part of a much bigger, longer story where it does make sense.

Much like Taker showing up as a broken down piece of shit dick kicker seems odd, but makes perfect sense in the context of the 2 year story it is in.

How is Sting the master of mind games? Because Cole said so? He made a comment about HHH and Seth was pretty unfazed because he feels he is the man. Making one comment doesn't make him a master of anything.

And despite the handshake that much was anything but a "sign of respect" even if Sting says it was. And having a wrestler say another wrestler is better than him is always weird. It would make more sense to not mention it if it wasn't for the telegraphing of the future feud between Seth and HHH.

Like with a lot of things in the WWE the overall idea for the story isn't bad but the episode to episode execution is lacking and awkward. It will work great when they make a video package but actually watching it most of the times doesn't work.

Like HHH being super proud of Seth last week and nobody even mentioning that Seth was better than HHH and this week Sting mentions it like it's a thing and it becomes a thing for some reason. It's awkward and forced.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Once Triple H stops being passive aggressive and directly attacks Seth you can have him go hat in hand to Dean/Roman. Let them beat him up a bit or have Seth be the one to turn the tide against the Wyatts in order to earn their respect then re-unite them. People fucking love the Shield more than they ever hated Seth (or Roman for that matter).

Good point. Keep Ambrose where he is, Roman where he is (character-wise) and bring it back and people will pop like the fuck.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The handshake is easy enough to explain; Old Man Stang just got confused after watching HHH's last mania match for tape on the guy and figured he was doing an ROH show instead.

jmdajr

I know that they are setting up HHH and Rollins and have been for a long long time but having Sting come out and slurp up to HHH is probably one of the most nonsensical, non-sequitur story beats I've seen in a while.

Unless the swerve is that Sting is secretly working with The Authority or something, which might be even worse.

HHH took on Sting, the bat, and NWO brother. It was war!

Top Bottom