• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

shaowebb

This feud is good for New Day man. Using legends to get over new talent is the way to go.

I get this. I get the feeling New Day could make their own legend without that at this point. One face turn and they'll sail. The problem with using legends to get over new talent though is that if you haven't fully established a legacy for your new talent yet on their own then you end up lowering the importance of your old talent by making them appear less and less.

Hiring back big names to job is just sort of bad in the long run...you don't please the folks who tuned in for them and your old crowd resents the new talent instead of ever getting into them. You can build folks as threats and big players without sacrificing your own brand history to do it.

bjork

I wouldn't mind the Hardyz coming back too. Have a three way TLC match at Wrestlemania against Dudleys and New Day.

The tag team division is weak at the moment.

Only if New Day wins and looks super strong, and if no other viable teams turn up between now and then (no idea who that would be, heh).

Jamie OD

All I want from the new season of Lucha Underground is an episode to end with a close-up of a chair followed by the intro chord to Thriller.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
injury.gif

I can't look at this without thinking Sting's trying to do Road Dogg's knee drop.

I remember my good friend stro trying to tell me the buckle bomb was a soft ass move with no impact. I told you that shit was legit, playboy.

klonere

Banned
You know what makes everything better...not bothering with WWE and just following NJPW.

Seriously...other than a few character actors if you tune into wrestling to see good wrestling then you should just look overseas at this point. I gave up years ago on WWE and only paid attention because Daniel Bryan, Kevin Steen, CM Punk, Pac, Matt Sydal, and El Generico started showing up and invariably everytime I tuned in it was to see those great workers being forced to use their talent to make bodybuilding actors with average to less than average skill as wrestlers appear to be better than what they were. Pretty pleased Steen, Punk and Bryan got over, but I always wait with a feeling of dread knowing that theyre not folks likely to stay at the top of the card even once they reach it in that fed.

Your best workers shouldn't be used as a midcard to make your less gifted performers appear better. I've always felt this was the biggest problem in the WWE. They see someone incredible and think "Wow! That guy will have some amazing stuff that will make my own guys look way better if they beat him!" They look at the best around and seem to only think of them as something to make whatever they were gonna push anyway seem better than it was instead of realizing that they aren't pushing the best performers. This is why ratings tend to drop because we know we wont be getting the best matches because "our guys" don't get over and have to job to bad wrestlers.

Sorry...just sick of so much right now in wrestling. Give me NJPW anyday. Better talent, better wrestling, better booking.

Incoming Datazord post on how bad NJPW booking is

bjork

You know how Godfather used to be Papa Shango?

I need some of that for wrasslegaf. I always forget who was who, unless we still refer to them by an old nickname.

Barrage

Incoming Datazord post on how bad NJPW booking is

He's right. NJPW Booking has been shit this year. Anyone patting themselves on the back for watching it is delusional.

I watch WWE because being able to cut a promo is part of the package of being a professional wrestler for me. A.J. Styles has always been great in the ring, but he will never be A GREAT to me because he could never, in his life, add to a feud through the mic. I'm happy that he finally found a place where that doesn't matter, but that will never be as satisfying to me as a feud that uses all aspects of profesional wrestling.

I'm rewatching the sting match and I was thinking maybe the table shot started the injury. Ref called for medical attention there because I see him paging someone. But then it looks like he barely misses the monitor

dream

Yall acting all disgusted about Stinger getting hurt, pretending that this vile sport isn't entirely predicated on getting "talent" to destroy their bodies for your amusement

Caderfix

I hope the authority screws Rollins, and that Sting becomes his new mentor. No matches for Sting, just a couple of promos and ringside appearances.

EDIT: Pentagon Jr, Cage, Puma and company will be back? Awesome

Are they going to pretend they're somewhere else? Because the finale had everyone packing up and leaving. I think originally they were going to tape in Texas?

I figured that was contingency if they couldn't afford LA. The Temple is perfect, so if they get to keep it I'm ecstatic. I'm sure they can figure it out story wise, fuck, they could do the first couple shows somewhere else and then go back when the temple is safe or whatever

Top Bottom