• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

KingBroly

Banned
This Sting news is terrible. Everyone is falling, from Brotista to Sting. Only Reigns remains.

What are we gonna do? What are we gonna do?!

BatistaGAF can't die like this.

It's time for Daniel Bryan to be cleared. That way, we'll always know Batista did the job.

Ate there gifs of those sting bumps that caused this?

Pick your poison

sat.gif

pescado.gif

injury.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
All those bumps look ugly :(

I don't mean botched I mean scary for Sting. The table one wtf

Except for Fox, I don't think there were many, at least here, who minded the idea of Reigns as the top face, so much as they resented the timing and implementation - even as the Brock/Reigns match ended up being fucking awesome, despite the legendarily bad buildup. I'm actually pretty into Reigns at the moment, when he's not talking, for the reason stro gave in his Night of Champions review - he's really good at thinking of different, creative ways to set up his signature spots so that they're always variety somewhere with him. He also got more interesting when he started stiffing people a little bit, because he LOOKS like someone who should be hitting hard and often, not someone who should be doing bad strength spots with Kane and/or Big Show.

As for the merch, given WWE's history of slyly making and marketing merch at levels asynchronous with consumer demand, based on whose profile they want to raise or lower at a given moment, I don't totally trust that the #2 spot is as meaningful as it might seem on the surface, though obviously it shows that Reigns IS taking with the core audience to at least some extent, which is great news.

Mizerman

Except for Fox, I don't think there were many, at least here, who minded the idea of Reigns as the top face, so much as they resented the timing and implementation - even as the Brock/Reigns match ended up being fucking awesome, despite the legendarily bad buildup. I'm actually pretty into Reigns at the moment, when he's not talking, for the reason stro gave in his Night of Champions review - he's really good at thinking of different, creative ways to set up his signature spots so that they're always variety somewhere with him. He also got more interesting when he started stiffing people a little bit, because he LOOKS like someone who should be hitting hard and often, not someone who should be doing bad strength spots with Kane and/or Big Show.

As for the merch, given WWE's history of slyly making and marketing merch at levels asynchronous with consumer demand, based on whose profile they want to raise or lower at a given moment, I don't totally trust that the #2 spot is as meaningful as it might seem on the surface, though obviously it shows that Reigns IS taking with the core audience to at least some extent, which is great news.

That was my main issue. If they simply took the time and gave Reigns a push in a manner like Batista received 10 years earlier and cut all the stupid promos they gave him prior, I would've been far more sympathetic towards Reigns being the top face.

Right now, however, I'm rather ambivalent towards Reigns.

dream

lol@those Stinger marks being all sad about Stinger's career ending because of a stinger. 1) he hasn't done anything meaningful in 15 years. 2) at 56, he was never going to be a player. Perhaps the streaks under the Stinger fans' makeup are caused by crocodile tears.

rrc1594

The push Roman Reigns way to quick. He is second in merchandise sales tho? I'm shocked doesn't seem like he gets that big of a pop

Yeah, I'm several pages back, don't care too many damn posts to catch up on.

I remember when Nitro just came out and I was contemplating whether to wait a few days or a couple weeks and get it or get WCW vs The World, I decided to get WCW vs The World, it still wasn't great or anything but it was better than that pile of shit.
HNL51jR.png

Madusa and
Bull Nakano

Shawn making a joke about Bull always annoyed me because of how much she changed from her wrestling days.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
-Breaks Cena's nose
-Nazi Girlfriend
-Nearly kills Sting

dem's just the facts

let's not forget he betrayed shield

Nekofrog

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;179785414 said:
hulk looks downright tiny in the cover for that nitro game

what are you talking about, he towers above the giant who is billed as the biggest athlete in the world

which means we've been lied to, because according to that cover hulk is even taller

-Breaks Cena's nose
-Nazi Girlfriend
-Nearly kills Sting

dem's just the facts

he's such a great wrestler though :(

damn shame about him being in love with a nazi. anyways raw was fun, paige's little meltdown was hilarious as was that goofy ass kane finish.

Zach

I picked up some doom and gloom about the Asuka segment up in here earlier, but I thought it was compelling. That look back.

And I've determined that Dana -- who I feel is improving at an acceptable rate and is a quality heel -- has blonde Chinese hair and the skin of a hotdog.

-Breaks Cena's nose
-Nazi Girlfriend
-Nearly kills Sting

dem's just the facts

But if we have Roman bury him now on Raw or a pointless B-PPV the general public won't believe Roman's the next big thing. After 'Mania, though, Rollins's ass is grass...

Top Bottom