• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Oersted

Sooooo that Zahra Schreiber "statement"

"If one were to have looked deeper into my post..."

Oh yeah, just that one post? No mention of the My Little Pony Hitler?

How about that...

There is a point to be made about confirmation bias, one of the biggest dangers of bulk collection, which social media inherently is.
People have been badly screwed by that. This is generally spoken, not inherently about her case.

So it's what I thought. Schreiber is a dummy, and seemingly a closet racist against black folk, but the swastika was some kind of bad, pseudointellectual "installation". Rollins probably thinks she's "really deep" and that everyone else just didn't "get her", hence his still being with her. Reflects poorly on his character, but makes the "Rollins should be fired" stuff seem even sillier, in retrospect.

So it's what I thought. Schreiber is a dummy, and seemingly a closet racist against black folk, but the swastika was some kind of bad, pseudointellectual "installation". Rollins probably thinks she's "really deep" and that everyone else just didn't "get her", hence his still being with her. Reflects poorly on his character, but makes the "Rollins should be fired" stuff seem even sillier, in retrospect.

That or she's an animal in bed.

Hex

Banned

Alot of people believe that about the swastika, because there is alot of misinformation out there.
Sadly too many people take the first thing they read or are told as fact without digging deeper for confirmation of any kind.

thefro

Who in the hell would hate Monsoon? I can't hate him for that godlike name alone.

Didn't call the moves of the match. More interested in putting over the banter with Brain or Ventura than actually paying attention to the match. Made up fake parts of the body that a wrestler was working on.

He was entertaining but he's basically the total opposite of the Gordon Solie/Jim Ross-style announcer that the Observer readers loved, who called all the names of the moves, treated things like a real sport.

People hated Vince at the time too because he said "WHATTAMANEUVER!" instead of calling the actual name of the moves.

Also keep in mind that you had people who were marks for different promotions voting on stuff and a national promotion like WWF that everyone would watch sucks up a lot of votes. Basically was like console wars. Then you had the group of wrasslers/folks in the business who voted based on who their buddies were and who they liked/disliked.

Anyway, I looked up the RSPW awards and Monsoon didn't win a single "worst announcer" award there. That's a better judge of what smark fans thought then since RSPW was the proto-IWC.

Hex

Banned
someone should collect all of hex's posts defending this neo-nazi as there are quite a few now

Actually I think four at the moment.
And if you read that one, I am not defending her I am saying pointing out a my little pony drawing when it was the least out of all of the stupid twitter conversations is a bit asinine

Actually I think four at the moment.
And if you read that one, I am not defending her I am saying pointing out a my little pony drawing when it was the least out of all of the stupid twitter conversations is a bit asinine

just think about your future employment, hex

when companies check you out do you want them to find sympathy towards a neo-nazi or do you want them to find #FireRollins

#FireRollins
#SaveUsStinger
#SaveUsCena

Oersted

What's more offensive: Hitler or a brony?

68a.jpg

Top Bottom