• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

DX92tP5.jpg

I don't ever expect tag to be as good as it was in the heyday of Edge and Christian. It's just a massive shame that I got into wrestling in the golden age of tag. It's still looking promising right now, but it'll never be that important or hit that high again unless you get six guys come through at the same time as good as E+C, The Dudley's and The Hardy Boys. Which, yeah.

I don't ever expect tag to be as good as it was in the heyday of Edge and Christian. It's just a massive shame that I got into wrestling in the golden age of tag. It's still looking promising right now, but it'll never be that important or hit that high again unless you get six guys come through at the same time as good as E+C, The Dudley's and The Hardy Boys. Which, yeah.

I'm hopefully Vaudevillians and Enzo/Cass continue to improve. Add them to PTP & New Day and you got yourself a nice stew going. Dudleyz seem like they can still go for a while too, help elevate the new talent while teaching them a thing or two.

It wasn't even that good then. None of the matches between the three that weren't huge spot fest stunt shows were any good. There isn't a straight tag with a story that anyone remembers between those three. People only remember the gimmick matches.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd take The Enforcers vs Dustin Rhodes & Ricky Steamboast over that era of WWF tag team wrestling but yall already know that about me

Top Bottom