• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sergio Garcia Tells Euro Press He'll Serve Tiger Woods Fried Chicken - GAF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/05/tiger-and-sergio-feud-turns-ugly-with-fried-chicken-remark/

The ongoing feud between Tiger Woods and Sergio Garcia, which started during the third round of The Players Championship, has taken an ugly twist. On Monday, Garcia told reporters in England that Woods hasn’t been honest in 15 years. Garcia was on stage at the European Tour awards dinner Tuesday, where he was asked by Steve Sands of the Golf Channel, in jest, if he would be inviting Woods over for dinner during the U.S. Open. Garcia’s reply was shocking.

Via The Guardian:

“We will have him round every night. We will serve fried chicken.”
Garcia later apologized in a statement released by the European Tour, saying that he did not mean the remark to be racist.

“I apologise for any offence that may have been caused by my comment on stage during The European Tour Players’ Awards dinner. I answered a question that was clearly made towards me as a joke with a silly remark, but in no way was the comment meant in a racist manner.”

Excellent work, Sergio.

slow-clap-gif-500x200.gif

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
At least fried chicken is fucking delicious.
Tiger could do worse.
Not sure Sergio could, however.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I wonder if he could elaborate on his whole "I didn't intend for it to be racist" thing. I guess he just means "I wanted to make a black-joke without actually offending anyone".

GodofWine

In response Woods says he would not offer Sergio a glass of water at his house fearing Sergio would put at least on ball in it.

bionic77

You would think this would be something you say to someone you like because I love fried chicken and would think well on anyone who gave me some*.

KFC does not count but I will make exception for Popeyes.

Madness

Racist? No. Ignorant stereotype? Yes. We all know why he said it and why. No different then when Brock Lesnar said he'd eat a burrito and have a corona after he beat Cain Velasquez (Cain knocked his ass out and had a glass of milk and a cheese/mayo sandwich with George Lopez after lol).

This is probably going to piss off everyone else except Tiger. The man is the best golfer in the world, dating a hot skier, raking in millions and off a to a good start with a lot of tour victories already.

These guys have a bad history too.

rataplein

isn't the "black people loves fried chicken" an american racist thing?. he must spend lots of time on the web... getting local insults ready. weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom