• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shantae: Risky's Revenge |OT| - Eight years of rubbing and wishing!

grumpy

CO_Andy said:
I can't be the ONLY one who bought this as soon as the 3DS shop opened, am i?

Nope. I downloaded this even before the free pokedex and excitebike. Well worth the £10. I hope they make a proper sequel for the 3DS.

besiktas1

I bought this yesterday because of gaf... It was expensive at £10 but I bit... GAME selling 3ds games at £15.

No real thoughts yet. I will finish it though.

TheOGB said:
It's a Metroid-type thing

And why it's special? Well other than it being fucking gorgeous and animating beautifully, it's basically a regular retail DS game for less than half the price. It's fun, challenging, fairly long for a DSiWare game (and speedrun-able), and it's pretty damn fun.
Yes, I know I said that twice.
If that's not enough I'm sure TToB has plenty more reasons you should get this, right?
Man God said:
It's too short when compared to other top tier platformers/castlevania games.
I like short. I still haven't finished Shadow Complex, but I love that damn game. Thanks guys, will get.

Special J

Banned
The Take Out Bandit said:
Euro Game Informer? :|

no, game informer is trash-mag which comes free with an edge card and is owned by a retailer (lol no conflict of interest /sarcasm)

eurogamer is actually one of the most professional gaming sites they actually source their articles, have actual technical expertise, and mods for comments, images that aren't horribly compressed either.

So I bought this game back in March with my 3ds and promptly got stuck somewhere in the beginning.

I have since returned intermittently to the game only to be stuck by this whole "I need my dog Wobble Bell" business.

I've checked Gamefaqs and google searched but none of the answers I've read are conclusive on where to find this dog.

So far I've gotten that he's in Tangle forest somewhere to the left........I've checked every far left part of what I'm assuming is Tangle forest and no luck......anyone with a clear way of telling my slow mind where I can find Wobble Bell so I can actually play this game?

Thanks!

CO_Andy

Incitemaybe said:
Yup, does anyone know where in the forest? I have gone through every tier I can access. do I need a special power?
I think she's on the first floor of the forest, but to access the area you need to jump down from the second floor.

CO_Andy said:
I think she's on the first floor of the forest, but to access the area you need to jump down from the second floor.

A lead! thank you....I'll search for something like that :)

Edit: You were so right, thank you thank you thank you thank you

RedSwirl said:
Any chance the original Shantae might ever end up on 3DS Virtual Console?
Wayforward said that they were looking into releasing it on 3DS VC a few months back. I wonder if they'd be able to make the GBA exclusive features available, though.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Not so great on iOS, honestly.
The controls took an expected hit, but the graphics didn't fare well either.
The game plays in a windowed mode on my iPhone 4 surrounded by a ghastly bright blue border, and the gorgeous visuals are now blurry as all fuck.
I hear that they also tuned down the difficulty to make up for the lack of buttons.

*shrugs*
Probably still a great purchase for those without a DSi/3DS.
The initial download is free, and it basically acts like a brief demo.
Full game is unlockable via a $2.99 IAP. That's about a quarter of the price of the DSiWare version.

Aeana

The controls are actually better on iPad than I expected, but obviously no replacement for hardware controls. The graphics absolutely do suffer though.

Top Bottom