• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sherlock Series 3 |OT| - THE Source for Fiction’s Cheekbone Fetish

Really good move using Benedict's real parents and Freeman's real wife. Natural chemistry.

Mary was written with Amanda Abbington in mind. Both Moffat and Gatiss mentioned this in one of their interviews.

BC's parents as the Holmes boys' parents was inspired for sure. Glad they went with that.

pigeon

Banned
The Moriarty return has to be a fake, but it's not necessarily clear by whom. They're too careful describing what Mycroft's "alternative" is.

"The alternative, however, would require your approval."

"Hardly merciful, Mr. Holmes."

That's all we get, so there's plenty of territory for a revealing flashback later.

We see Mycroft react with surprise on the telephone -- but not when he's calling Holmes, so it could easily be a ruse. Lady Smallwood also has some notable gaps in her reaction conversation.

mclem

Is there a reason why Mycroft is always called the smarter brother, but the minute Moriarty shows up he needs his stupid brother back? I don't doubt that Mycroft has above-average intelligence, but he generally doesn't come across as more clever than Sherlock to me.

Isn't it the smartest thing of all to get someone else to do it?

pigeon

Banned
The alternative was the MI6 suicide mission job in Eastern Europe.

No, my point is that you're obviously meant to infer that, but the actual writing in the scene is intentionally too vague to firmly establish it so that they can do a flashback later and show that the whole thing was a plot, Empty Hearse style.

hengyu

Is there a reason why Mycroft is always called the smarter brother, but the minute Moriarty shows up he needs his stupid brother back? I don't doubt that Mycroft has above-average intelligence, but he generally doesn't come across as more clever than Sherlock to me.

Mycroft's supposed to be superior in raw intelligence and deduction skills, but he hates to do actual detective work, being overweight and stuff.

So guess who's on the cover for Entertainment Weekly...

1295-EW-cover.jpg

...and do note that comments for the article have been disabled. :p

Yay, I got my Alexander McQueen Moriarty knockoff tie.

20140115_125146ixo14.jpg

Not quite the same, but it'll do in a pinch.

One day, I'll steal Auron's. Sorry bro. Just business.

20140115_125146ixo14.jpg

...I had Moriarty cosplayers drooling over my grey/purple one during cons so I think you'll have to beat them to the tie first bro.

Hmm... Kinda want another, but we'll see.

Raydeen

The final had the same haphazard nature of Moffat's Who work. I call it Matrix Reloaded syndrome...at no point has anything he has written since becoming a show runner showed any evidence of being put into the drawer then taken out a few weeks later where the glaring flaws would be evident in the first draft. Kind of like Matrix Reloaded. His original Who work was mesmerising examples of screen writing, everything since seems chaotic and slap ' n dash. Still at least it wasn't as bad as the stomach churning Matt Smith exit episode.

Quick

Banned

http://abload.de/img/20140115_125146ixo14.jpg[IMG]

[spoiler]One day, I'll steal Auron's. Sorry bro. Just business.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

Auron is our Sherlock and Hawkguy style guru confirmed.

Damn, that is a long time.
A year? That's a mere heartbeat compared to the Reichenbach wait.

I doubt it for three reasons, though- I doubt Moffat will have the time (he's doing a full uninterrupted run of Doctor Who for the first time since Sherlock took off), I doubt Cumberbatch will have space in his schedule, and I doubt that the BBC will want Sherlock on Christmas Day itself- too long and complex.

Anyways, Sherlock S3 is finally available for ordering off iTunes (well the US store at least).

Needless to say, I just went and bought it. Already has Unlocking Sherlock & two featurettes for download if you buy it.

Anyways, Sherlock S3 is finally available for ordering off iTunes (well the US store at least).

Needless to say, I just went and bought it. Already has Unlocking Sherlock & two featurettes for download if you buy it.

SCORE! Thank you for the heads up.

EDIT: $29!? Jesus. Helluva bump from the previous seasons which are only $17, and just as long.

Mariolee

Doesn't make sense anymore, the right time was the last episode and now frankly I really love the character she blend perfectly in the show, the chemistry between characters was perfect

Not true. Canon spoilers:
John's baby will probably be a big plot point next season and she could die in childbirth just like in canon.

SCORE! Thank you for the heads up.

EDIT: $29!? Jesus. Helluva bump from the previous seasons which are only $17, and just as long.

Oh I agree. I was annoyed that the price is as much as the bd off amazon. Still, I can now watch Unlocking Sherlock at my leisure and can download the eps onto my phone.

I'm still spoiled from buying the box set for $12 in HD lol.

Amazing episode! Hopefully we don't have to wait too long for Series 4. My theories on the ending:

1.) The Moriarty that we saw is really the son of Professor Moriarty, and Jim Moriarty was sent by his father because he didn't see Sherlock as a threat until his son's death.
2.) It's someone who worked under Moriarty.

20140115_125146ixo14.jpg

Where did you purchase the knockoff? I'd love a real one, but don't want to spend too much. :p

Oh I agree. I was annoyed that the price is as much as the bd off amazon. Still, I can now watch Unlocking Sherlock at my leisure and can download the eps onto my phone.

I'm still spoiled from buying the box set for $12 in HD lol.

Still, that is a helluva price hike. The others were only $20 each normally weren't they? I am spoiled too by the two season pack for $12, but to have that big an increase over the previous two just standalone is nuts. I will watch and get them separate, or wait for a sale now.
There has to be something else being added besides the Unlocking Sherlock special, because there is a $9 difference between SD and HD, and for the other seasons it is only a $4 difference. Something else must be included in the set that they haven't revealed yet.

Also, a gallery of pics from the newest issue of Entertainment Weekly.

Not true. Canon spoilers:
John's baby will probably be a big plot point next season and she could die in childbirth just like in canon.

I thought it was CANON SPOILERS
always pretty unclear why Mary actually died, just that she did, at some point off screen. It's been awhile, but I remember tuberculosis being mentioned? (Or you know, consumption). Is my memory that bad? I don't remember a child or pregnancy being involved at all.

Still, that is a helluva price hike. The others were only $20 each normally weren't they? I am spoiled too by the two season pack for $12, but to have that big an increase over the previous two just standalone is nuts. I will watch and get them separate, or wait for a sale now.
There has to be something else being added besides the Unlocking Sherlock special, because there is a $9 difference between SD and HD, and for the other seasons it is only a $4 difference. Something else must be included in the set that they haven't revealed yet.

I'm hoping this is the case as yep, the price hike is ridonkulous for the most part. I guess we won't know until the S3 DVD/BDs drop in Europe as even what I saw what was included was kinda sparse.

Top Bottom