• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shifty Shellshock, frontman of Crazy Town dies at 49

MDSLKTR

Singer of Butterfly and father of Halo pases away at 49

Here's a toothless cover were he managed to finish the song without punching anybody

RIP

z6YzuOi.gif

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

Heimdall_Xtreme

crazy-town-pelea-shifty-shellshock-bobby-reeves-video-viral-3.jpg

That type of people, here in Mexico we categorize them as "El Kevin" or "El Bryan".... '' Iker''..

If someone lives in Mexico, they will understand the reference.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
crazy-town-pelea-shifty-shellshock-bobby-reeves-video-viral-3.jpg

That type of people, here in Mexico we categorize them as "El Kevin" or "El Bryan"...

If someone lives in Mexico, they will understand the reference.

Weird, because I always get Crazy Town and Buck Cherry confused and I'm sure the lead of Buck Cherry would fall under the same category.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Weird, because I always get Crazy Town and Buck Cherry confused and I'm sure the lead of Buck Cherry would fall under the same category.
I won't lie, but when I saw the name of the topic, the Lazy Town Series came to mind xDD.

I thought it was a cast member, but I saw it was the singer.

dem

What's crazy is apparently this guy was dating Soleil Moon Frye... like.. recently.

The guy looked like a meth'd out homeless dude. How the hell was he getting Soleil Moon Frye..??

Last edited:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Listen, I really do believe that we shouldn't speak ill of the dead but...in this case I'm afraid that I'll have to make an exception:

I really can't feel (that) bad for people that had it all and then decided to throw it all away - drug addiction or not.
Couple that with the total absence of any kind of real talent (musical or not) and...yeah.
Crazy town was the definition of a 1 hit wonder and the fact that anything beyond that revolved almost exclusively around reality tv shows and the (unfortunately) usual "woe is me" doesn't really help in feeling any kind of sympathy towards this specific individual.
It'd be like saying that you're sorry about - say - Bam Margera when he'll (most probably) meet the same kind of fate.

This is not the same thing as truly gifted but troubled individuals that battled their own demons and finally succumbed to them like Chester from Linking Park, the ever amazing Chris Cornell or Robin Williams which on one hand you might be thinking "why?" on why the did it but at the same time you can really feel their pain and what they most probably were going through - depression really is a beast and it's the worst illness of the 21st century...

This guy...for better or for worse was just another druggie that had too much of what he was having, sorry for being blunt but I just can't feel any sympathy towards him.

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
troubled individuals that battled their own demons and finally succumbed to them like Chester from Linking Park, the ever amazing Chris Cornell or Robin Williams which on one hand you might be thinking "why?" on why the did it but at the same time you can really feel their pain and what they most probably were going through - depression really is a beast and it's the worst illness of the 21st century...

This guy...for better or for worse was just another druggie

Seems likely to me that everyone you're talking about used drugs to manage their depression and ultimately that was part of their demise.

I agree that depression is awful and has taken some of my favorite artists. I particularly love Chris Cornell's work.

But I didn't like this guy's song, so fuck him, his depression doesn't count.

What's crazy is apparently this guy was dating Soleil Moon Frye... like.. recently.

The guy looked like a meth'd out homeless dude. How the hell was he getting Soleil Moon Frye..??

Just a wait a little bit and someone will answer with 'its because of drugs'. Just wait a bit, its coming.

Top Bottom