• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| The Dark Souls of Persona

Nope, its all the demons in this picture:

chibidemons.jpg

I'll probally attempt to do so when I get back home.

But Is 54, 70 or 86 taken yet?

Takuan

Has anyone redeemed the Amazon dlc armor yet?

Apparently the gamestop pre-order armor makes you weak to physical/piercing/light/dark attacks. Bravo, Atlus

The tracksuit? Lol, no wonder there aren't any on eBay.

The Amazon coat looks way better, too.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Picked up mine earlier, can't wait to get through work now so I can start this! Spoiling myself watching a twitch stream until then, I can't help it.

1337Sauce

Sorry if this has been touched upon, but after scrolling through the last couple pages I couldn't find anything similar to what I was asking.

Where should I be dumping my skill points at the beginning of the game. I just reached Level 2, so I was thinking 2 STR, 2 DX, and 1 Luck. Would I be better just pumping more skill points in to one specific stat. Also what is the difference between the STR and DEX stats... it says they both affect physical/gun skills?

Also as I get farther, what should I start leaning more towards. I've only played a bit of an SMT game before, mostly just stuck with Persona as I only got in to the series a couple months ago, but based on what I know of the weakness system from the games I have played, buffs/debuffs are just as important as magic. Should I start dumping my points into MA a little bit later? I'm pretty much looking for a general route that should carry me through my first playthrough until I can get a better grasp on this game for a second.

Nags

Banned
Alright, screw it. I'm going to grab a copy after work for the bonus $30 eshop credit. Hopefully the story is good enough to make up for the weakened battle system.

And hopefully there's a path where you get to team up with Lucifer again. Chaos for life!

Save your money.
The game isn't for you man :/

EDIT: And I don't want to see you turning this thread into a shit-fest.

EDIT 2: Use spoiler tags even when referencing past titles please >.>

Volcynika

Sorry if this has been touched upon, but after scrolling through the last couple pages I couldn't find anything similar to what I was asking.

Where should I be dumping my skill points at the beginning of the game. I just reached Level 2, so I was thinking 2 STR, 2 DX, and 1 Luck. Would I be better just pumping more skill points in to one specific stat. Also what is the difference between the STR and DEX stats... it says they both affect physical/gun skills?

Also as I get farther, what should I start leaning more towards. I've only played a bit of an SMT game before, mostly just stuck with Persona as I only got in to the series a couple months ago, but based on what I know of the weakness system from the games I have played, buffs/debuffs are just as important as magic. Should I start dumping my points into MA a little bit later? I'm pretty much looking for a general route that should carry me through my first playthrough until I can get a better grasp on this game for a second.

What kind of character do you want to make? More physical based, magic based, etc?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Awww crap it seems from reading a bit from various places I made a mistake in raising both MAG dan DEX....

The folks on places I scoured for info says if you wanna be physical, mainly raise DEX since STR is useless, they say. If you wanne be magical, raise MAG, naturally.

What on earth am I thinking raising both MAG and DEX *HEAD DESK*

Ah well, repeat play it is ;__________________________________;

What kind of character do you want to make? More physical based, magic based, etc?

Say, you seem knowledgeable :D Recommend me stats to raise if I want to make either Physical or Magical please? Also, in your opinion, which build makes for a better/more efficient MC? Physical or Magical?

1337Sauce

Magic based for later in the game, sorry I should have specified a bit more. However, I want to be able to get by with melee at the beginning until the magic system opens up a bit more. Would it just be wise to start pumping points into magic then because that is what I would like to use later on.

Jessicat

Alright, screw it. I'm going to grab a copy after work for the bonus $30 eshop credit. Hopefully the story is good enough to make up for the weakened battle system.

And hopefully there's a path where you get to team up with Lucifer again. Chaos for life!
Lucifer's redesign is ugly though :(

Localization isn't a huge deal for me when it comes to artbooks, I'm more than happy to just import them as needed.

Those Kaneko books you mentioned are on my personal wish list of things to buy, but I really need to save more cash before getting into those. :(

[EDIT] Oh those links are perfect thank you! Gonna go ahead and go through the process of ordering one now.
But sometimes those artbooks have interviews with the artists/design team, I'm a nerd for those XD

Pft, those Kaneko books are on my wishlist too, can't afford 'em at over $100 a pop ;>> But someday!

Glad to help! Just wondering what the total is with shipping, to see if I can spring for this too or not ^^;

Today is the day, ideally I'll be heading out soon to pick it up!

Has anybody used chibi Kudlak yet? If not, would somebody make him transparent for me? If he is taken, then I would use Cybele or Alice (unless they're taken, of course). Thanks!

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Welp, nabbed the digital version. Waiting on the download. I hope my previous digital purchase of Fire Emblem does count properly for the rebate money.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Charon's is awesome.

I like the fact that you just indirectly confirmed you got SMT'ed by some demon somewhere in the FIRST dungeon haha. Heh, it happened to me too haha. I have Easy unlocked and I am proud of that.

But I ain't using it.

Everyone will die! You will all die in that first dungeon. Be afraid

First playthrough will be mag-based and Law, second playthrough will be phys-based and Chaos. Third playthrough will be neutral and whichever build I prefer from those two.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Holy shit I HATE Burroughs. SHUT THE FUCK UP. Entirely too much talky talky for an SMT.

Awww helll nawww. Dat be crazy talk son

Burroughs is insanely likable and fun IMO. She is my favorite thing in the game quite literally. She makes everything go down even smoother, plus she's helpful as hell.

A demon in a random battle in the first dungeon just one shotted one of my demons and almost killed me... It was my second fight lol, gonna be a fun ride.

Watashiwa

Just saw the chibi avatars--can't believe no one's grabbed Masakado. Could someone cut him out for me? My photoshop skills are lacking, to say the least.

EDIT: Oh, and my copy's "Shipped". I thought living in a city with an Amazon distribution center would be a good thing, but it seems they've finally fixed their delivery estimation system, so no more sending out my items as they arrive; instead they hold them to ensure that they arrive on the delivery date.

"I got all of this"

Hahaha. That's the only bad part. At least her instructions go by fast, unlike some other wannabe helpers from other games. Like that damn bird from OoT.

And she gives you the option to skip them as well. Should be good for replays. It could definitely be worse.

GulAtiCa

Just picked this up from my local GameStop. They had a bunch of extra copies, and it looked like a few pre-orders of it. Man, this is huge. Was kinda surprised at the size of the case.

Top Bottom