• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| The Dark Souls of Persona

Frosteey

Neo Member
I am like fifteen minutes into the game. Jonathon is a lame dumbo he is off the team.

Walter and I are going to get married and make chaos world babies.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Not sure how most people will set-up their "Flynn" but I am rocking Media, a gun skill, Agi, Bufu, Zio and Zan. This way, if there is a weakness, I can mostly nail it haha.

Rootbeer

Banned
mine should be here any minute now... unless the deliveryman fails to contact me from the callbox which happens frustratingly often >.< Trust me when I say I am literally sitting by the phone crossing my fingers!

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I just realized and had a mild panic attack but...my nekkid Lilith chibi is safe right? I don't want the banhammer to come my way because of her.

Marche90

die for me~

jolcubyB3UStW.png

Thank you, kind sir.

GeekyDad

I was thinking about going all around but now I am having my doubts... I am already level 11...

Yeah, I don't recommend that. I just started the game as well, but my experience with this series tells me a focused build is probably the way to go. A jack-of-all-trades is probably the best way to make things miserable for yourself later on in the game.

pigz

Neo Member
Im thinking the ghosting is intentional. Nocturnes had the same ghost blur effect.

The ghosting he is speaking of is most definitely not intentional. It's 3d ghosting; you can change how bad it is by manipulating the 3ds slider.

The 3d is pretty good, but seems extremely dependent on being in the correct position. more so than say FE. But that may due to how long larger sized characters are on the screen.

FluxWaveZ

Just got the game from EB Games. My copy has a sticker on it that says, "DO NOT SELL UNTIL SUNDAY" so I guess I could have gotten it earlier, but whatever.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Also word to the wise. When you get a Challenge Quest where Burroughs tells you, is above your current level...don't be afraid. It's never THAT bad.

Mupod

Son of a...my 3DS' L button seems to be busted. Maybe I can clean it out, my warranty is long gone.

Does this game have CPP support? I have one of those...

Busaiku

Oh, that's because of a challenge quest. You can repeat them infinitely for Macca. So she will always notify you when you get one of the required drops
I don't see this Quest on Borroughs, but I completed it.
How am I supposed to know who to deliver it to?

Its really a no concern, better safe than sorry. I mean I can understand if you feel overly paranoid but this game series isn't weaksauce like others.

After 2 Game Overs, on the 1st freaking dungeon, I am not taking any chances ever again.

Does the protagonist in this game learn magic and skills like demons do, similar to the Demi-Fiend? Or are his abilities based on his equipment, like the dude from Strange Journey?

I miss busting out Javelin Rain, Gaea's Rage and Fatal Impulse on late-game enemies in Nocturne. Demi-Fiend had some pretty epic exclusive attacks with the last few high-rank Magatama.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Since other people are doing it...

Can someone make me the Vivian avatar from that bunch.. unless someone took it, which I haven't seen yet.

Does the protagonist in this game learn magic and skills like demons do, similar to the Demi-Fiend? Or are his abilities based on his equipment, like the dude from Strange Journey?

I miss busting out Javelin Rain, Gaea's Rage and Fatal Impulse on late-game enemies in Nocturne. Demi-Fiend had some pretty epic exclusive attacks with the last few high-rank Magatama.

Demons will whisper sweet nothing in your ears so that you can learn new skills.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Ended up cancelling my online order and went and picked up a copy at Gamestop. I was lucky enough to grab the last Limited Edition, and EBGames.ca still emailed me the pre order bonus. :p

About to dive in.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I don't see this Quest on Borroughs, but I completed it.
How am I supposed to know who to deliver it to?

K in the tavern. Just choose deliver. You can stock up on items and deliver a whole bunch at once. Like a quest for "3 Whatevers". If you have 9 Whatevers, you can turn it in 3 times in a row.

Son of a...my 3DS' L button seems to be busted. Maybe I can clean it out, my warranty is long gone.

Does this game have CPP support? I have one of those...

Suck the dust out of it. It sounds dumb but it works

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Picked up my copy. Now to set it on the shelf and allow it to mock me while I study for the bar exam!

I'll start it on August 2nd.

The new system is completely different from either.

When your demons learn every skill available to them through leveling, they will be able to transfer these skills to you via whispering. So if you level up Centaur until he learns his final skill for example, you can choose to transfer over Bufu or something. It seems a lot more flexible than the previous systems.

Right now my MC has Bufu, Zio, Dia, and Zan and I'm only level 5

Demons will whisper sweet nothing in your ears so that you can learn new skills.

Do you learn specific skills from specific demons, then? That seems like kind of a pain versus the Magatama system.

The new system is completely different from either.

When your demons learn every skill available to them through leveling, they will be able to transfer these skills to you via whispering. So if you level up Centaur until he learns his final skill for example, you can choose to transfer over Bufu or something. It seems a lot more flexible than the previous systems.

Right now my MC has Bufu, Zio, Dia, and Zan and I'm only level 5

This is exactly what I was afraid of. Being forced to use a specific demon just to siphon a skill out of it seems like kind of a pain in the butt, especially if it only works once per demon. Magatama system was a lot more intuitive, I think. Thanks for letting me know, though.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Picking it up in a bit and cannot wait. I'm going to put down Animal Crossing for a bit for this one :)

Mupod

Suck the dust out of it. It sounds dumb but it works

yeah seems to have worked.

I really wish I'd sent this thing in for repairs when I had my warranty, but I always seemed to have a game I really wanted to play at the time. My camera is busted and I've got the screen scratches, plus it's one of those zelda 3DSes so I don't want to give it up.

I have been thinking about getting an XL though.

Top Bottom