• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance |OT| Join Qadištu familyyyyy and together, we will ”bang” the very gods!

On which platform will you be picking up the game?

• Total voters

Zheph

Question(s) gents :
- is the story self contained or do I have to have played the previous games ?

- This is still turn based, right ?

- How long do these games take to finish ?

The only experience I have from SMT is the PS2 one, I remember it having...sparse/empty environments with the random battles and I dropped it after 25-30 hours, has the formula changed /evolved since then ?

Thanks in advance !
Yes / Yes / 50/60h I would say maybe more here

It's much more modern, why not watch a trailer?

GHG

The hell is this?

PMC0c7t.jpeg

A mode specially designed for adamsapple adamsapple so that he can multitask and fondle balls while he plays.

Steve Harvey Wow GIF by NBC

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
- is the story self contained or do I have to have played the previous games ?
Self contained.

- This is still turn based, right ?
Yeah. But it's the kind of turn-based in which you have to think, not the kind of "just spam your strongest attack until you win" type.

- How long do these games take to finish ?
Took me around 100 hours to beat the vanilla game, but I took my time and did all the side stuff I could.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
A few more notes:

You pick the story path right at the start, literally the first thing you do in the game.
You can save whenever, access the menu through a press of the dpad which is very convenient.
Not many graphical options on PC, quite barebones in that regard. Still looks great and miles better than on the Switch.
Game runs great and looks beautiful on the Deck! 60fps at 800p while maxed out. Thing is, it consumes quite a lot of battery with those settings, like 16-18W.

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
I've made some slight adjustments to the OT and added the release and platform info that I initially forgot to include (whoopsie 😅).
Developer: Atlus (Team Maniax)
Publisher: SEGA/Atlus
Release Date: 14 June 2024
Platforms: PlayStation 4 & 5 | Xbox | PC (Steam Deck Verified) | Nintendo Switch
Genre: JRPG, Adventure, Story rich
Standard Edition - $59.99 USD | €59,99 | £54.99
Digital Deluxe Edition - $69.99 USD | €69,99 | £59.99

TintoConCasera

Woah. This might be too intense for me. lol.

I did order a Shin Megami Tensei T-shirt.
Love that t-shirt dude, nice purchase!

Krathoon

Love that t-shirt dude, nice purchase!
The T-Shirt is a little pricey, but seems to be a quality shirt. I will have to see when it comes in. Fangamer does seem to be a pretty cool website.

I also got this one:

Zheph

Woah. This might be too intense for me. lol.

I did order a Shin Megami Tensei T-shirt.
I am sweating right now, so tempted to place an order lol

Krathoon

Here is a Persona 5 T-shirt.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I fired up the game but didn’t see any way to pick vengeance mode or anything?

Is this selected later?

Edit: NVM. Just got to the hand part lol.

Last edited:
Mannn the fucking soundtrack. I've been waiting for this particular track since the first trailers dropped, it's called battle -primordial goddess-. I don't know why but the timestamp is buggy as shit.

I hope I can get around this game soon.

fucking breaks in my SMT game, hell yes

Arsic

What? They hid it in the game? I hate it when they do that.
XD I just thought it would be right when you fire it up and select difficulty too.

Also Miyazu is waifu. Something about her design is so fucking cool.

Arsic

One thing I'll recommend to achievement/trophy hunters: you'll probably have to play this twice so just play through it at your own pace once.
What about for ADHD folks who struggle to complete games?

Is there a “true ending” for creation path and for vengeance path? If so I assume that means 2 play through about 100 hours each.

Is there a way to mess up the true ending like persona 4?

DryvBy

Is there a “true ending” for creation path and for vengeance path? If so I assume that means 2 play through about 100 hours each.

Every single one I've played, this has been true. You usually end up playing twice to get everything. For example in SMT 3, even with a guide, its two playthroughs. And this I think is going to be 3+
Persona 5 was the only one I felt you could do in 1.5 playthroughs. But Persona 3 was 2.5 and I'm still missing one trophy after 200+ hours.

Dr. Claus

Banned

Replays are a *lot* faster. If you basically go for 100% on the first playthrough, each playthrough takes like 20 hours max after.

Top Bottom