• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Sangoku Musou 7 |OT| He Man and the Masters of China

Dueck

Banned
DW8OT.jpg

Released February 28, 2013 (Asia)
Releasing July 12 (Europe) and July 14 (North America).

Details

-Story mode is faction based, but you now have the ability to choose one of several officers for each stage.
-New "What If?" scenarios to unlock.
-Weapon affinity system, which works almost like "rock, paper, scissors."
-Storm Rush, where your weapon's stronger affinity lets you guard break then mash-kill the other guy.
-Variable counter can be used when the player has a weapon of the weaker affinity. It switches to a more appropriate weapon following the counter.
-All characters have 3 Musou attacks.
-Awakening (R3) may be activated to boost stats and receive better drops.
-Skill system (similar to Musou Orochi games) replaces seal system.
-Much larger maps, with more freedom in terms of completion.
-Rebuilt character appearances.

new_warriors.png

Wu_new.jpg

WU: LU SU, HAN DANG

Wei_new.jpg

WEI: LI DIAN, YUE JIN

Shu_new.jpg

SHU: GUAN XING, GUAN YINPING, ZHANG BAO

Jin_new.jpg

JIN: JIA CHONG, WEN YANG, ZHANG CHUNHUA

Full Roster

WU
Da Qiao
Ding Feng
Gan Ning
Han Dang
Huang Gai
Lian Shi
Ling Tong
Lu Meng
Lu Su
Lu Xun
Sun Ce
Sun Jian
Sun Quan
Sun Shang Xiang
Taishi Ci
Xiao Qiao
Zhou Tai
Zhou Yu

WEI
Cai Wenji
Cao Cao
Cao Pi
Cao Ren
Dian Wei
Guo Jia
Jia Xu
Li Dian
Pang De
Wang Yi
Xiahou Dun
Xiahou Yuan
Xu Huang
Xu Zhu
Yue Jin
Zhang He
Zhang Liao
Zhen Ji

SHU
Bao Sanniang
Guan Ping
Guan Suo
Guan Xing
Guan Winping
Guan Yu
Huang Zhong
Jiang Wei
Liu Bei
Liu Shan
Ma Chao
Ma Dai
Pang Tong
Wei Yan
Xing Cai
Xu Shu
Yue Ying
Zhang Bao
Zhang Fei
Zhao Yun
Zhuge Liang

JIN
Deng Ai
Guo Huai
Jia Chong
Sima Shi
Sima Yi
Sima Zhao
Wen Yang
Wang Yuanji
Xiahou Ba
Zhang Chunhua
Zhong Hui
Zhuge Dan

OTHER
Diao Chan
Dong Zhuo
Lu Bu
Meng Huo
Yuan Shao
Zhang Jiao
Zhu Rong
Zuo Ci

Screenshots

dw8_4.jpg

dw8_3.jpg

dw8_2.jpg

dw8_1.jpg

Links

Good translation resources for importers.
http://www.gameshinbun.tv/2013/03/0...riors-8-translated-menus-and-guidewalktrough/
http://yuris.wikia.com/wiki/真・三國無双_7_Story_Mode

Official Japanese site.
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/smusou7/#home

Dueck

Banned
I'm still torn on whether or not I will buy the English version. I can get by fine with this one, but I prefer stuff in my native tongue. The deciding factor is if they make XL and Empires on discs in North America. If they do, I will probably cave. Otherwise, I will just get the JP versions of both of those and be done with it.

I'm still torn on whether or not I will buy the English version. I can get by fine with this one, but I prefer stuff in my native tongue. The deciding factor is if they make XL and Empires on discs in North America. If they do, I will probably cave. Otherwise, I will just get the JP versions of both of those and be done with it.

One of the rumors is that since the game is also released as a downloadable title, they could release the expansions as DLC instead of an entirely new game.

Which could be pretty great as it forces Koei to basically dub that too, cause even they know better than releasing a DLC package where half of the events are muted.

Dueck

Banned
One of the rumors is that since the game is also released as a downloadable title, they could release the expansions as DLC instead of an entirely new game.

Which could be pretty great as it forces Koei to basically dub that too, cause even they know better than releasing a DLC package where half of the events are muted.

I don't know if they would dub it too, though. I think if DW8 sells great, they might. Otherwise, I doubt it. They didn't bother with DW7 Empires.

Dueck

Banned
Liu Bei/Guan Yu, Guan Xing, and pretty much all the "Other" characters have their English voice cast pseudo-confirmed now. I think any doubts about an English language version are dead at this point.

Liu Bei/Guan Yu, Guan Xing, and pretty much all the "Other" characters have their English voice cast pseudo-confirmed now. I think any doubts about an English language version are dead at this point.

Any idea of whose's the new voice actors?

We'll probably get more news about the localization once April starts.

Dueck

Banned
Official western release dates announced. Now we just need "Shin Sangoku Musou 7" changed to "Dynasty Warriors 8" in the threat title.

Top Bottom