• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinji Mikami: 'There's no Space for Dino Crisis when Monster Hunter Exists'

Utter pig swill!

Fans are asking for an RE2make style remake of the original and possibly new games in that style. How on earth that would be similar to Monster Hunter ) or Exoprimal for that matter is baffling.

Thankfully he doesn’t have final say on this.

Last edited:

Comandr

For the "father of survival horror" to conflate Dino Crisis and Monster Hunter... It's astounding. The last time Mikami directed a game was 10 years ago, and the last time he touched Resident Evil was almost TWENTY years ago. A lot has changed since then. Clearly his understanding of both games has changed, too.

Good thing he's not part of the decision making at Capcom anymore

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Screenshot-from-2024-08-29-10-46-27.png

Monster Hunter is recycled trash. Always has been and always will be. Dino Crisis 2 was a major evolution with new gameplay mechanics. It is a shame the developers of the third decided to ditch everything good about the series and jump into space with a bunch of nobodies.

So there was no need for Resident Evil either as House of The Dead existed?

We had it wrong, genres aren't survival horror, platformer etc... they are Zombie games, Dinosaur games or People games..

Calverz

Look, lets all be honest for a second here, the only reason Dino Crisis was number one in that survey is because a certain individual over on Ree wont shut the fuck up about it. Their campaign of keeping the series in the "hearts and minds" of gamers helped it reach that position.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Apparently Universal Studios has cancelled the new Jurassic Park and pulled all the originals from distribution because they didn't see the point when this exists
MV5BNGQ3MmQ5OTctM2RmZS00ZmIxLTljNGItYjhjNzdkZjVkYzkxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA3MDk2NDg2._V1_.jpg

GymWolf

Gold Member
Look, lets all be honest for a second here, the only reason Dino Crisis was number one in that survey is because a certain individual over on Ree wont shut the fuck up about it. Their campaign of keeping the series in the "hearts and minds" of gamers helped it reach that position.
That jawmunch dude uh?!:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Hudo

I mean, I respect what this guy has made in his career. But this comment seems... short sighted.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I would rather have Capcom throw the money away than invest in another shitty Monster Hunter game without reworking its PS2-era jank.
They are not as jank as old games, world and rise streamlined a lot of things.

The combat feels jank until it clicks, git gud buddy :messenger_blowing_kiss:

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

There is nothing “janky” about MH‘s combat, some people just expecting the game go play like your typical action game and when it doesn’t they get frustrated.

It does not need to streamline. It needs to throw the baby out with the bath water. All it has going for it is the theme and presentation. Everything else is ass-backwards.

GymWolf

Gold Member
There is nothing “janky” about MH‘s combat, some people just expecting the game go play like your typical action game and when it doesn’t they get frustrated.
I felt like world and rise were a bit less ckunky than the only other mh game i played, freedom unite on psp tbh.

Maybe it was just the difference between playing with a proper controller compared to playing with an hardware made for people wjth smurfs hands...

R6Rider

Gold Member
I felt like world and rise were a bit less ckunky than the only other mh game i played, freedom unite on psp tbh.

Maybe it was just the difference between playing with a proper controller compared to playing with an hardware made for people wjth smurfs hands...
THE CLAW

Never forget.

GymWolf

Gold Member
It does not need to streamline. It needs to throw the baby out with the bath water. All it has going for it is the theme and presentation. Everything else is ass-backwards.
I'm not gonna try to change your idea, i thought mh was clunky as fuck before clicking with me, so i know how it feel to judge the game without extensively trying to understand how it work.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
He has to be trolling us.....they're not the same type of game! The only similarity is that both has dinosaurs in it. Otherwise, one is survival horror and the other is more action RPG.

MrMephistoX

If there’s one thing that’s lacking in the industry right now, it’s dinosaur games.
It’s kind of weird they didn’t slap Dino Crisis on to Exporimal but I don’t know if the brand recognition would have helped. For what it’s worth I loved Exoprimal and Concord but hate COD and so if you were curious about my tastes in multiplayer shooters now you know.

Weird, I feel like they are not only different genres, but also one is focused on dinosaurs specifically and the other “monsters” in general

Astray

He's being way too nice trying to tie it to Monster Hunter or Exoprimal.

The truth is Dino Crisis is very overrated and he knows it.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
The kicker is he says the market doesn't want a remake of Dino Crisis but they have no problem churning out Resident Evil after Resident Evil.

FeralEcho

Was he drunk when he made that statement or what? They have nothing in common wtf.

Alao Exoprimal was so abysmal even the big industry heads forgot it launched lmao

Last edited:

Knightime_X

That's like saying there is no room for Street Fighter because Final Fight exists.
I mean WHAT?!?!
not even remotely the same genre

Lunarorbit

Gold Member
Tell me you don't understand your ip. This is one of the most brain dead responses I've seen this side of ubisoft.

The people told you what they want. You are choosing not to listen. Monster hunter is not for me. It's weapon system is too complicated for me to care about. It has tons of fans. Those fans might even be Dino crisis fans.

You don't think fans will play dino resident evil? Especially with the popularity of ark and horizon? Very stupid decision and even dumber to vocalize it.

Top Bottom