• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Fuck your two year old footage gif, OP

57ce33fb3a0bc.jpeg

what a doughy body

embarrassing

From what I gather the storyline/writers as on-screen personalities stuff is largely shit, but there have been some good matches so far - Ospreay vs Martin Kirby recently, for example;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV6hTAHqp40

gotcha

must be nice to have that kind of pull with subpar work

gun_haver

Someone needs to get him back in shape, you can't fuck up after all of that.

Uh, yeah you absolutely can. There's a reason addicts are so looked down upon - it isn't a problem you just fix and then move on from, in most cases. It's a problem that recurs throughout life and if you don't have patience/understanding about that, then you probably should just stay out of it.

The fact he's had any recovery from it at all is a good thing, but it's a shame he seems to be struggling to keep that up. You never know though and in the end, it's his life.

Also, DDP may have helped, but it's a mistake to think of Scott Hall's better condition in recent years as like, a gift DDP gave to him. It was Hall's decision every minute he wasn't drinking.

Silexx

Yeah, I can definitely see how the show fell in the later half of RAW. Though I don't feel like Sasha's promo on Dana made her a 'hypocrite'. I just think Sasha's mic work is better when she's a heel than a face.

I can't get a good answer because it's all in Japanese, but is STARDOM's tournament over or still to finish? It sounds like it's been fantastic. Can't wait for it to hit their streaming service.

Stardom's 5 Star Grand Prix is not over yet.

Here's the schedule:
8/21Shinkiba 1stRING 12:00PM
8/27 Niigata 5:30PM
8/28 Osaka 6:00PM
9/3 Yokohama 1:00PM
9/4 Sendai
9/9 Nagoya 6:30PM
9/11 Shinkiba 1stRING 12:00PM
9/22 Korakuen Hall 12:00PM
9/24 Osaka 6:00PM

For the curious, here are the rules:

• 2 Block round robin tournament. Just like New Japan's G1 Climax.
  • Each block will have 7 wrestlers
  • Win = 2, Draw = 1, Loss = 0
  • The two wrestlers with the most points from each block meet in the finals
  • Round Robin stage matches have a 15 minute time limit, Finals has a 30 minute time limit
  • The defending champion is Kairi Hojo

And the participants:
Ivelisse
Tessa Blanchard
Toni Storm
Kay Lee Ray
Blue Nikita
Courtney Stewart
Io Shirai
Kairi Hojo
Mayu Iwatani
Yoko Bito
Momo Watanabe
Jungle Kyona

It's kinda hilarious nobody seems to get the Miss Piggy reference was more for Dana's face, not her weight. Not that it is any better in terms of insulting her.

But please continue with the "body shaming" crap, you guys.

This thread has shot on Austin and Bret today.

It's time to shut this fucking gimmick month down.

You know who needed to be shut down?

Young Shawn Michaels when his junkie ass first started running his mouth. If he shuts up and does what he's told once, we never get current HHH and the nightmare is just a dream all along.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Stardom's 5 Star Grand Prix is not over yet.

Here's the schedule:
8/21Shinkiba 1stRING 12:00PM
8/27 Niigata 5:30PM
8/28 Osaka 6:00PM
9/3 Yokohama 1:00PM
9/4 Sendai
9/9 Nagoya 6:30PM
9/11 Shinkiba 1stRING 12:00PM
9/22 Korakuen Hall 12:00PM
9/24 Osaka 6:00PM

For the curious, here are the rules:

• 2 Block round robin tournament. Just like New Japan's G1 Climax.
  • Each block will have 7 wrestlers
  • Win = 2, Draw = 1, Loss = 0
  • The two wrestlers with the most points from each block meet in the finals
  • Round Robin stage matches have a 15 minute time limit, Finals has a 30 minute time limit
  • The defending champion is Kairi Hojo

And the participants:
Ivelisse
Tessa Blanchard
Toni Storm
Kay Lee Ray
Blue Nikita
Courtney Stewart
Io Shirai
Kairi Hojo
Mayu Iwatani
Yoko Bito
Momo Watanabe
Jungle Kyona

Thank you thank you!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's kinda hilarious nobody seems to get the Miss Piggy reference was more for Dana's face, not her weight. Not that it is any better in terms of insulting her.

Yes, let's make fun of people for their looks instead. A wise decision.

See that's what had me puzzled, my first thought was "I thought they were a top 10 compilation, where does actual wrestling fit in here?"

What a strange set of events
Their wrasslin shit is considerably more famous than all other things they do.

Also, I guess I'm in the minority, I like What Culture and enjoy some of their vids here and there, also some matches over at WCPW have been real good.

So a role model face calls girls with who's clearly going through emotional abuse from their mentor "ugly".

gun_haver

Yeah I found that weird. II mean sure, it's still about appearance, but everybody is misinterpreting what the insult even means. And it's not like male wrestlers don't frequently mock each other's appearance as well. It's usually around things like hair style, but superficial things to do with appearance are a big part of this show.

I dunno. I'm not saying I like it but i don't see the 'i want to inspire little girls and dana brook is a fat ass!!!' thing. And uh, Dana Brook isn't even fat, so I dunno where that comes from. She is great shape by the looks of it to me.

Sweeny, you know I love ya. Ya one of my favorite posters here. But this just ain't right.

Much better entrance theme, better look, didn't lose to Cena, didn't waste a good entrance on a loss to Cena, beat the Undertaker, was in a match with HHH and Edge AND didn't take the fall, AND he put over Mark Henry in his last match. No contest in my book, one's simply the better man

Zach

So, regardless, we can agree it was something that Sasha shouldn't have said. Right? Especially as a face. Right?

Top Bottom