• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Jamie OD

So I've been getting back into Chikara's after a couple of years off and I'm enjoying it for the most part. It's regressed a lot since it's prime and the new talent aren't that great but they've gone back to doing goofy gimmicks, which I always liked. Also the main storyline doesn't dominate the whole show like the BDK or shutdown angles did. There's been one thing that I didn't understand. One of the new gimmicks is a foreign X-Pac copycat called Prakash Sabar. I never got the joke until now and boy the dad humour is strong in this one.

The gimmick is he emigrated from Pakistan. In other words he is an Ex-Pak!

You can now all groan with me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So I've been getting back into Chikara's after a couple of years off and I'm enjoying it for the most part. It's regressed a lot since it's prime and the new talent aren't that great but they've gone back to doing goofy gimmicks, which I always liked. Also the main storyline doesn't dominate the whole show like the BDK or shutdown angles did. There's been one thing that I didn't understand. One of the new gimmicks is a foreign X-Pac copycat called Prakash Sabar. I never got the joke until now and boy the dad humour is strong in this one.

Jesus Christ, that's terrible.

What year? 2016? BDK ruined a LOT.

Marvel

could never
As long as the Neo gets rid of that shadow dithering on SFV and makes BF1 1080p or above I'll be happy lol.

klonere

Banned

Oh that is so bad it's good.

He should work DDT no matter how bad he is. That's a winner of a gimmick.

Those fools over there are the living, breathing definition of that Hulk Hogan tweet

But - vested interest aside - which is more likely: RDR3 tomorrow or "Hey" Phil winning Saturday?

People are getting worked hard. Announcing a new game at a console unveiling is incredibly unlike Rockstar.

I agree, they seem to do pretty bloody well with marching to the beat of their own drum, so I don't see them announcing a new Red Dead. A remaster or Redemption would be more likely at an event like this but given GTAV is about thirty years old now, I'ld like to think they've spent all of this time making something new.

Jamie OD

Jesus Christ, that's terrible.

What year? 2016? BDK ruined a LOT.

Yeah I've just been checking out the shows coming up to King Of Trios. BDK wore me down but the shutdown angle whether it was intentional or not killed my interest dead. I think I gave the rebirth a chance but quickly lost interest. However I heard good word about Trios and wanted to give their Chikaratopia service a shot. Even if the new stuff were bad I could binge on the classic shows for a while.

Zach

RDR3 tomorrow

full

(Just look at that dork.)

Zach

What a big, evil american badass that man is. He looks like a striker. A really pure striker in fact.

Have you got your mitts on Ludwig's Holy Blade yet Zach?

He actually looks way better there than he currently looks in mid-2000. Just atrocious.

And no, I got to the second area and progressed a ton and then climbed that ladder and got killed by maybe the guy who was shooting at me the whole time, not sure. I lost, like, a billion soulz. But I haven't been back on since then, so who knows what I can buy at the shop thing?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I just did the Snow White thing near what appears to be the end of Witcher 3 vaniller. How close am I to being done with the main story? Curious if I can get it done in a few hours.

He actually looks way better there than he currently looks in mid-2000. Just atrocious.

And no, I got to the second area and progressed a ton and then climbed that ladder and got killed by maybe the guy who was shooting at me the whole time, not sure. I lost, like, a billion soulz. But I haven't been back on since then, so who knows what I can buy at the shop thing?

The gattling gun guy on the tower is a cock, but you'll figure out the way to take him down soon enough. I have faith in the Z-Man.

To be fair to Mr Calloway, it's pretty impressive he managed to reinstate the 'deadman' aura to his character after a few years of terrible Kid Rock, Limp Bizkit and in-house theme tunes (what was this shit? https://youtu.be/S6zS6p8-1u0) and pretending to be an MMA fighter.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I will never forgive the Young Bucks for ruining Lethal vs Cobana.

Annoying fucks. Can't go 5 minutes without ruining something.

I just did the Snow White thing near what appears to be the end of Witcher 3 vaniller. How close am I to being done with the main story? Curious if I can get it done in a few hours.

I finished it last year and while I can't remember exactly where you are, the general rule of thumb is the end of the game is always at least twenty hour farther away than you think.

PSN's down Zach, I guess they're busy uploading RDR3 for instant release during the presentation tomorrow.

It's Smackdown tonight, right? Hoping AJ takes the title from worthless tit Ambrose this weekend.

So I just found out a friend of mines band did some charity gig that had a hook for what culture wrestling this weekend where the (or at least a) champ mugged off a challenger on stage bringing the carny goodness to common folk who were probably like "what the heck is going on?!"
Actually I think they do the champs entrance theme as well

Brit Wrasslegaf, enlighten me to what this WCPW bizness is all about.

Zach

So I just found out a friend of mines band did some charity gig that had a hook for what culture wrestling this weekend where the (or at least a) champ mugged off a challenger on stage bringing the carny goodness to common folk who were probably like "what the heck is going on?!"

Good thing I'm not Brit WrassleGAF because I didn't understand a word.

They're a clickbait newz site who decided to waste their ill-gotten gains on a wrestling promotion :p

The staff of the site are characters in the promotion, authority figures, etc, and they use an odd mix of talent with British indie workers, TNA guys, ROH guys, Damian Sandow and, bizarrely, Minoru Suzuki. It's all relatively new, they have a free youtube show they stream every Wednesday evening.

What Culture is (was?) a click-baity top ten site that subsequently expanded to youtube. ~The wrasslin' top tens became popular and a few months back they started their own promotion. The promotion has already appeared on Botchamania.

That's as much as I know and i'm as British as scones with jam and clotted cream.

They're a clickbait newz site who decided to waste their ill-gotten gains on a wrestling promotion :p

The staff of the site are characters in the promotion, authority figures, etc, and they use an odd mix of talent with British indie workers, TNA guys, ROH guys, Damian Sandow and, bizarrely, Minoru Suzuki. It's all relatively new, they have a free youtube show they stream every Wednesday evening.

yeah I was wondering what was up with that

even saw Bischoff there

their vids are total shit tho, no idea about the actual wrestling promotion

What Culture is (was?) a click-baity top ten site that subsequently expanded to youtube. ~The wrasslin' top tens became popular and a few months back they started their own promotion. The promotion has already appeared on Botchamania.

That's as much as I know and i'm as British as scones with jam and clotted cream.
See that's what had me puzzled, my first thought was "I thought they were a top 10 compilation, where does actual wrestling fit in here?"

What a strange set of events

I just got to this point and took a break to watch some of the KO show. Cleared all of the side quests and Witcher contracts before this, not sure if I should go into the end game or detour into some DLC before finishing the main quest.

You and me both, John Carpenter

You met with him at WrestleMania III. Were you specifically looking to cast him at that point, or were you just meeting him?
I just met him there. I went as a fan; a wrestling fan. His manager at the time, David Wolfe, got a hold of me and said, “You wanna meet Roddy and think about this movie?” I said, well, sure. So I met him, and he was a really nice guy. We hit it off well, you know, I had been a wrestling fan since I was a kid, so we had much to talk about, and Roddy was trying to make a move out of wrestling, trying to get into acting. So I agreed to meet him and he was very nice, and we just went from there.

Are you still a big wrestling fan?
Not so much anymore. They gave up one of the key elements of wrestling, at least from the days that I knew it, was something called “kayfabe” [the pretense that everything in pro-wrestling is real], which is essentially… well, if you know the word, you know what it is.

Yes.
It’s really a lifestyle, as Roddy described it to me; it’s a way of living. Since then—I needed that, to enjoy it, to really enjoy it, I needed that 10%. That was kind of taken away.

http://www.cinephiliabeyond.org/live-john-carpenters-brilliantly-simple-hugely-enjoyable-assault-reagans-america/

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I just got to this point and took a break to watch some of the KO show. Cleared all of the side quests and Witcher contracts before this, not sure if I should go into the end game or detour into some DLC before finishing the main quest.
My understanding was that the dlc was meant post game, can you confirm SomewhatGroovy or someone else who played it all?

Bronx-Man

Banned
I just realized Punk doesn't use painkillers so that's probably why he was so grouchy about injuries compared to everyone else.

Top Bottom