• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

gun_haver

this paige shit is pathetic.

this right here is exactly why WWE can't grow.

cos

at the very worst, paige is a bit od a druggie with an older boyfriend, typical 24 year old woman. what does wwe do? cause a big drama about it.

if they let paige go, they're idiots. she could provide some high profile feuds going ahead.

i don't even like paige and i'm annoyed at the stupidity of this entire total divas storyline.

Fox318

They demand for live shows, travel, body standards, and the 24 7 reality show access isn't conducive for a healthy life.

Espically with how little most performers make when compared with how much WCW talent used to make.

Paige got sucked into a company that does things like break couples up because they are butter at a talent for marrying somebody attractive or does things like use the drug overdose of a family member in a storyline.

The lesson for those like a Paige is that unless you have a John Cena level relationship with the a McMahon, Leveque, Dunn, Hayes, or Barios don't sign a 8 year deal espically when they own the rights to your name.

this paige shit is pathetic.

this right here is exactly why WWE can't grow.

cos

at the very worst, paige is a bit od a druggie with an older boyfriend, typical 24 year old woman. what does wwe do? cause a big drama about it.

if they let paige go, they're idiots. she could provide some high profile feuds going ahead.

i don't even like paige and i'm annoyed at the stupidity of this entire total divas storyline.

I mean there are a lot of accounts of Paige being pretty immature, so I'm sure she's not faultless in this whole thing. WWE could obviously handle it better, but there is a degree of blame to go around on all sides here.

Paige could easily get out of her contract with a lawsuit since WWE always loses. "Independent contractors" my ass.

I mean, Paige being in a contract and wanting to get out because she doesn't like it there anymore isn't really a valid challenge of the "independent contractor" status. There's a lot of ways to attack that label, but this isn't one of them.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I mean, Paige being in a contract and wanting to get out because she doesn't like it there anymore isn't really a valid challenge of the "independent contractor" status. There's a lot of ways to attack that label, but this isn't one of them.
All she's gotta do is prove that they told her to break it off with Del Rio or they would fire her. Then again, proving that is easier said than done.

All she's gotta do is prove that they told her to break it off with Del Rio or they would fire her. Then again, proving that is easier said than done.

It's so hard to prove that someone said something like that. Even if all they did was hint at it, they'd still be in the clear.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
For some reason I find it really funny that Bayley v. Charlotte was an announced match that just got instantly dropped when Banks got cleared.

And as for Paige, like I've said before, the opportunities for female wrestlers seem far more limited outside of WWE than they are for men, who have lots of well-paying options if they're popular enough. I guess she could show up in the Temple, which would be weird.

Fox318

It's so hard to prove that someone said something like that. Even if all they did was hint at it, they'd still be in the clear.
Anytime a talent with money challenges them in the independent contractor shit they almost always lose.

Look at Brock's deal.

They tried to tell a judge that Brock couldn't work anywhere on the planet doing anything except play football because they still had him under contract.

Then when Brock wanted to go back they tried to argue that somehow his value changed and he wasn't under contract.

It depends how petty they are to keep her. And they're so inconsistent with that

They're petty enough to ban Cody from using Rhodes in the indies, but not enough to ban him from indies in general by refusing to release him. Petty enough to sue Punk and his then-friend AND send him his exit papers on his wedding day, but not petty enough to stop his wife from leaving on her own terms and without a fight. Petty enough to not give Ryback an inch of what he actually wants, but not petty enough to not hold the door open for him when he decides to leave.

Hell, from how Del Rio made it sound, they're petty enough to mistreat him and Paige for being in a relationship and do their best to break it up, but not petty enough to tell Del Rio he won't be welcomed back if he wants to return after quitting this time.

Finally watched that 24/7 Women's Evolution doc

Good watch but some weird bits, like the framing of the Bellas as the ones to really make it about wrestling (though I get if they don't want to talk about certain people, like AJ)

Obviously they don't want to make it only about the 4 but it almost felt like they were downplaying the NXT effect at times.

Fox318

Finally watched that 24/7 Women's Evolution doc

Good watch but some weird bits, like the framing of the Bellas as the ones to really make it about wrestling (though I get if they don't want to talk about certain people, like AJ)

Obviously they don't want to make it only about the 4 but it almost felt like they were downplaying the NXT effect at times.
The women of NXT were brought up in a way that was so let designed to protect the Bellas and those backstage that had stake in the women being marketed as reality stars or soley on sexual appeal.

There's a reason that the second Nikki dropped the title (which she only held to spite AJ) because of injury that the division and the change of time became apparent.

People can show every stiff elbow or ring improvement that Nikki finely made after over a decade in the company but ulitmantly she and her brand are defined by sexual appeal.

The division is also held back like the rest of the company because their number one priority is getting Steph and the McMahons over and retelling history to make the McMahons come across as the shepards that guided the wrestling industry away from the wolves.

Instead we all know that what they did was sacrafice the other lambs so that they would be the sole ones left.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Man I feel so old remembering when Paige was the big indy darling nxt woman wrestler
Remember when Bryan beat Orton & Batista to become WWE Champion

Remember when Cesaro won the AMBR

Remember when we all thought WM30 was gonna lead to a new generation of WWE

Because I remember

Fox318

Btw Decay or Delete was fun but nowhere near as awesome as the first chapter.

Senior Benjamin is the best wrestling character of the year.

They're petty enough to ban Cody from using Rhodes in the indies, but not enough to ban him from indies in general by refusing to release him.e.

Yes, damn the giant corporation for defending the copyright they own. I'm sorry that Dusty either sold the IP rights of the Rhodes name to the WWE or never trademarked it in the first place, but that was his choice.

It's not like they're unclear about this and fairly consistent - use your WWE name where ever, unless you're going to be on TV.

Fox318

Because I remember
It was wrestlemania 20 all over again.

Bryan was gonna be a fraud champ and feud with Kane while HHH gets the main event match so they can put over their chosen tall guy.

20 It was Orton, 30 It was reigns.

Me and the wife watched some network tonight and holy shit whats with these fucking ads? Like we pay for this shit i shouldnt see a nickelodeon ad before my hardy boys beyond the mat!

KissVibes

Banned
Paige isn't even that good of a worker. She never was, either. The bar for WWE women's matches was so fucking low that she seemed amazing. Not sure there's much to be lost by her quitting. She can't fucking talk, either.

Fox318

Paige isn't even that good of a worker. She never was, either. The bar for WWE women's matches was so fucking low that she seemed amazing. Not sure there's much to be lost by her quitting. She can't fucking talk, either.
Wasn't she good early on?

I feel like I've seen a match where she is actually taking a beating with stiff shots and her bumping like a Ziggler or Mr.Perfect.

Because I remember

Remember when Cesaro followed that up by being a Heyman guy and the thread flipped out in excitement at what was sure to come next

Bronx-Man

Banned
Remember when Cesaro followed that up by being a Heyman guy and the thread flipped out in excitement at what was sure to come next
big-show.gif

Recall

Wait, never felt like a chore? Even during the Nash Nitros? Like that one episode where Torrie debuted (I think), where there's no wrasslin' for over an hour? It's, like, creepy Hogan and Nash hanging out with her at the shooting range and stuff. That didn't feel like a chore?!

PM me your address, Data West.

What did you grade Uncensored 96?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Because I remember

I mean, I imagine you probably wouldn't have guessed at WM30 that Kevin Steen was going to be the champion in 2 years and change.

Yes, damn the giant corporation for defending the copyright they own. I'm sorry that Dusty either sold the IP rights of the Rhodes name to the WWE or never trademarked it in the first place, but that was his choice.

It's not like they're unclear about this and fairly consistent - use your WWE name where ever, unless you're going to be on TV.

It's arguably disrespectful to the memory of a man whose legacy extends well beyond the WWE universe, but it's not a big deal, either. Anybody who Cody fuckin' Rhodes is a draw for outside of WWE is going to know who "Cody Runnels" is and will prob refer to him as Cody Rhodes, anyway.

bjork

Woke up and my neck still hurts. Went to work and the only way for it to not hurt is tolean my head forward so my chin is in my chest. I can't work like that. So I made it about 25 minutes and left, went to the store on the way home to get a different pillow and some heating pads. Anything to stay out of a doctor's office.

It's arguably disrespectful to the memory of a man whose legacy extends well beyond the WWE universe, but it's not a big deal, either. Anybody who Cody fuckin' Rhodes is a draw for outside of WWE is going to know who "Cody Runnels" is and will prob refer to him as Cody Rhodes, anyway.
Cody should just go by his first name.

KingBroly

Banned
I've got it. The Ultimate IC Title Match.

The Champion, The Coward, The Miz

defends his Title against

The Challenger, The Fear, Bray Wyatt

bjork

I've got it. The Ultimate IC Title Match.

The Champion, The Coward, The Miz

defends his Title against

The Challenger, The Fear, Bray Wyatt

What if Bryan instituted 24/7 rules for the IC belt and pinned Miz after pouring tap water on him or something. Then vacated the title.

bjork

So, I don't know how to explain it, but this heatwrap I have on my neck is damned amazing. It's barely been 30 minutes and it's like 90% better.

When Asuka comes to main roster they should make her a Paul Heyman guy
I want her to cut promos in Japanese and have someone like Paul there to give a loose interpretation of what she's saying

Then when there's something important for her to say, she can say it in English for effect. Like "you don't have what it takes"

Tagyhag

Because I remember

champs2012.jpg

Good times.

How quickly things can go up and down in this business.

Compare the excitement now to just after Wrestlemania.

Adree

I watched that Regal vs Samoa Joe match from the Hidden Gems collection and that is some surreal shit. Hope they add more random things like that.

Nekofrog

Banned
just rewatched it, the samoa joe/finn balor match in dallas is super underrated. the ref stoppage barely took time away, and the time away it did take balor/joe immediately went full on into things again at mach 10, making it feel even more aggressive because there was no sealing that cut on joe's head.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
just rewatched it, the samoa joe/finn balor match in dallas is super underrated. the ref stoppage barely took time away, and the time away it did take balor/joe immediately went full on into things again at mach 10, making it feel even more aggressive because there was no sealing that cut on joe's head.
By far their best match. The cut made that match so much better. Made Joe seem like such a monster.

dat peak CM Punk

zIW3lGg.png

best he's ever looked. it's all a worked shoot. that's the picture of a champion, the one who can unify RAW and Smackdown titles on his return to the organization by defeating Dean Ambrose and whoever holds the Universal Championship at the time. and to push AJ's return to unifiy the women titles.

the firing, the lawsuit, AJ leaving, UFC prep and fight, all a work.

after his fight with Gall, win or lose, this is the face of the WWE new era.

on the other hand i'm pretty inebriated and this is prolly a load of shit. Punk looking solid though.

Top Bottom