• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Kusagari

OMN6r1V.png

What could have been.

What's your thinking on it not making sense for his character? He was disrespected and looked over for a jobber for the main event of SmackDown!
Because they've been painting him (and he's been obliging them) as someone who steps away from a challenge and doesn't take unnecessary risk. This goes directly against that and I don't think he's fully transitioned in to not being that guy yet. Don't mess with what is working.

He's only in the main event because of how ridiculously thin the roster is and they need someone to potentially eat a pin.

Also, I wish WWE would mix up the teams. Let guys that don't like each other be forced in to tagging together. It lets their character shine.

On a scale of Roman reigns as champ to AJ Styles as champ, how excited should I be for tonight's smackdown?

It's been decent to pretty good. Nothing spectacular, but nothing outright bad either (other than a three minute Ascension match). Smackdown is nothing if not consistent.

KingBroly

Banned
Miz taking out Ellsworth makes all the sense in the world
- SD main event
- Gets time with the Champ and the other Top of the card, guys
- Miz says he's the main event
- Ruins Bryan's choice for the main event, who Miz is feuding with

Because they've been painting him (and he's been obliging them) as someone who steps away from a challenge and doesn't take unnecessary risk. This goes directly against that and I don't think he's fully transitioned in to not being that guy yet. Don't mess with what is working.

He's only in the main event because of how ridiculously thin the roster is and they need someone to potentially eat a pin.

Also, I wish WWE would mix up the teams. Let guys that don't like each other be forced in to tagging together. It lets their character shine.
He doesn't take unnecessary risk when it comes to his title.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Miz back where he should be. Not feuding with that stale ass Ziggler, dude has regressed to some shit I can't even put my hands on.
They're all coming home Blue. Swagger was the X-Pac for team Blue. Christian will get that fire again seeing Orton each week.

Guys, I really really miss the PiP for the commercial breaks.

I really wonder why they did that once and never again. Like they didn't even do it again on that show. It happened for one break and it hasn't happened since. Maybe advertisers didn't like it and they were forced to can it?

Sou Da

I really wonder why they did that once and never again. Like they didn't even do it again on that show. It happened for one break and it hasn't happened since. Maybe advertisers didn't like it and they were forced to can it?
That'd be my guess. They did a test run when viewership would be the highest.

cordy

Banned
Ambrose deserves props since this Styles feud happened. I'm an Ambrose fan and I know you all dislike him but being real, Styles made Ambrose step his game up. Austin/Styles/Cena now forced Ambrose to step it up even on his promos he's doing better. You can tell Cena's comment annoyed him a bit so he had to put more fire on that part-timer comment.

But back to AJ man, Styles is unreal, I stick by that HBK comment. His wrestling skills, promo skills and character just meshes well with everyone he's in the ring with and forces them to step it up.

Is there anyone in this company who's had a shitty match with the guy since he's returned? Styles is like water. Just meshes well.

How can SD be better than Raw every single week? Like without fail it's more enjoyable. We know Vince is still in charge of both, so it's not him. Is Ryan Ward really that good of a lead writer?

Alucard

Banned
More about Raw last night:

"this week’s show drew 2.68 million viewers, almost lower than the July 4 holiday episode and one of the lowest totals in some 20 years."

Yikes. Considering that Smackdown did 2.45 last week, this could be the week Smackdown actually does better than Raw...I could easily see it, especially with Cena at the front and back of the show, and the curiosity around AJ Styles as champ, The Usos as heels, Becky as champ, and Slater and Rhyno as champs. Pretty newsworthy show, and it's been quite good overall too.

DMczaf

Ambrose deserves props since this Styles feud happened. I'm an Ambrose fan and I know you all dislike him but being real, Styles made Ambrose step his game up. Austin/Styles/Cena now forced Ambrose to step it up even on his promos he's doing better. You can tell Cena's comment annoyed him a bit so he had to put more fire on that part-timer comment.

But back to AJ man, Styles is unreal, I stick by that HBK comment. His wrestling skills, promo skills and character just meshes well with everyone he's in the ring with and forces them to step it up.

Is there anyone in this company who's had a shitty match with the guy since he's returned? Styles is like water. Just meshes well.

It was early on, but Curtis Axel somehow got a bad match out of him.

Top Bottom