• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Miz taking out Ellsworth makes all the sense in the world
- SD main event
- Gets time with the Champ and the other Top of the card, guys
- Miz says he's the main event
- Ruins Bryan's choice for the main event, who Miz is feuding with

It also feeds into the Miz actually being right give that Bryan was attempting to book a goober into the main event of the show.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How can SD be better than Raw every single week? Like without fail it's more enjoyable. We know Vince is still in charge of both, so it's not him. Is Ryan Ward really that good of a lead writer?

33DaXbB.gif

More about Raw last night:

"this week’s show drew 2.68 million viewers, almost lower than the July 4 holiday episode and one of the lowest totals in some 20 years."

Yikes. Considering that Smackdown did 2.45 last week, this could be the week Smackdown actually does better than Raw...I could easily see it, especially with Cena at the front and back of the show, and the curiosity around AJ Styles as champ, The Usos as heels, Becky as champ, and Slater and Rhyno as champs. Pretty newsworthy show, and it's been quite good overall too.

This is what happens when indie darlings take over the show.

It's a Joke don't kill me

"this week’s show drew 2.68 million viewers, almost lower than the July 4 holiday episode and one of the lowest totals in some 20 years."

Yikes. Considering that Smackdown did 2.45 last week, this could be the week Smackdown actually does better than Raw...I could easily see it, especially with Cena at the front and back of the show, and the curiosity around AJ Styles as champ, The Usos as heels, Becky as champ, and Slater and Rhyno as champs. Pretty newsworthy show, and it's been quite good overall too.
NFL and Dancing with the Stars buried Raw

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

I don't want to live in a world with David Otunga commentating the highest rated wrestling show.

Even then. If you compare any SD to the best two hours of any recent Raw barring the title match episode, I think SD still comes out on top.
Oh I'm with you I just think Raw will always feel like it drags everything out (because it does) to fill that extra time. Plus Raw feels like a shell of the old product in a lot of ways. Same overbearing authority figures. Most of the same exact people chasing the same titles.

I fucking HATE Miz having to eat a pin. That's why I didn't want him in there. Needless.

cordy

Banned
Ambrose is waiting for that heel turn. The quicker is happens the better but he can't do it with AJ being the lead heel.

I say give it a few months.

Fitts

That was a fun show. Didn't really like how Miz just kind of vanished into nothingness at the and while everyone else got camera time, but I understand you have to sell your PPV main event.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
It could be smart. Though the problem is the crowd boos him 'cause his in ring work sucks; this might just put him into Xpac heat territory.

Seems friend Dean is falling on his face without Seff and Roman to play off. I predict a precipitous tumble down the card for the Lunatic Fringe.

Alucard

Banned
A good episode of Smackdown tonight. I've found it pretty up and down since the split, but tonight's show was the best since the episode they introduced the tag tournament and the women's belt.

That was a fun show. Didn't really like how Miz just kind of vanished into nothingness at the and while everyone else got camera time, but I understand you have to sell your PPV main event.
Yep. Just makes him seem b-tier when he doesn't need to. Small roster is small.

Top Bottom