• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Bronx-Man

Banned
Last night only cemented my belief that we're getting #16 at WrestleMania. Look at how easily this can get booked:

No Mercy: AJ vs Cena vs Ambrose
Survivor Series: AJ vs Orton
TLC: AJ vs Orton 2?
Royal Rumble: Some jobber match, AJ vs Ziggler?
February shit: Who cares
March shit: Who cares
WrestleMania: AJ vs Cena, 16 Times in a Lifetime

DMczaf

sxqkIbp.jpg

Most iconic champion going right now.

Is she the thickest ?

Cagey

Banned
Bryan can leave at any time. He just wouldn't get paid as the contract would be breached by him willingly. And as such, since he remains, he has to do what his bosses say to keep getting paid and avoid breaching.

Boo fucking hoo.

Fox318

I'm glad to say I was in Brooklyn when Eva came out.

Unless people start believing 100% in Kayefabe Idon't think I will ever be in a building with more heat against somebody.

I actually felt sorry for her.

Ithil

Bryan's starting to really sound like an asshole tbh.

"Brie, if it wasn't for you, I'd still try to pursue my dream".

He literally had the biggest moment on the biggest stage. You've fulfilled your dream, move on. If he keeps this bullshit up, his wife (who, if we're being honest, is way out of his league) may say adios and then he'll really be free to go cripple himself on the indies.

I don't think his dream was to have one good night, his dream was (and is) to wrestle as his job.

klonere

Banned
With the irony that he quit a company because they would give main event money to part timers....

I can't !! I can't !!

You can try to have morals. You can try to fight the system, you can try to change it. You can try to have a clear head and remain honest and rational.

But in the end, the carny always comes out. Sorry Phil.

I'm glad to say I was in Brooklyn when Eva came out.

Unless people start believing 100% in Kayefabe Idon't think I will ever be in a building with more heat against somebody.

I actually felt sorry for her.
Good thing now they aren't pushing her as a face in any way and are basically going full meta with character and gimmick. I'm genuinely curious as to how they handle her return. The fact she's actively tweeting about wrestling or her training (and still filming Total Divas) probably means WWE will continue with the story.

Fox318

Good thing now they aren't pushing her as a face in any way and are basically going full meta with character and gimmick. I'm genuinely curious as to how they handle her return. The fact she's actively tweeting about wrestling or her training (and still filming Total Divas) probably means WWE will continue with the story.

Problem is now people are starting to cheer for her in a hipsterish kinda way and she is nowhere near good enough or charismatic enough to last that way.

Physic right now is the least important trait a performer can have and since the attempted burial of Bryan many fans are conditioned to hate anyone who has the looks down.

Ithil

Problem is now people are starting to cheer for her in a hipsterish kinda way and she is nowhere near good enough or charismatic enough to last that way.

Physic right now is the least important trait a performer can have and since the attempted burial of Bryan many fans are conditioned to hate anyone who has the looks down.

Well her gimmick is quite literally standing there while the production does her entire character and shtick for her. When she is actually required to do something it'll fall apart.

Fox318

Well her gimmick is quite literally standing there while the production does her entire character and shtick for her. When she is actually required to do something it'll fall apart.

She needs a manager.

Honestly let Stroman be the manager. He can be fucking big and intimidating and distracting to the women trying to wrestle eva.

Thats 2 people that have the look part down on either spectrum and sometimes odd pairings work.

With the irony that he quit a company because they would give main event money to part timers....

I can't !! I can't !!

It was a defensive move by UFC.you know punk would have went to bellator

How many non-main eventers would draw. Did people complain about Kimbo making main event money?

Have they? She seemed to get pretty loud boos during all of her entrances or attempts to get out of a match.

They haven't done much with her character when she needs to talk minus the brief mic time after Becky lost to Alexa which was fine and she was decent on Talking Smack. Her last televised match was when, Wrestlemania? I suppose it just depends on if or when they actually pull the trigger and put her in an actual match. It can be played for humor with Becky Lynch automatically kicking Eva's ass in five seconds or Eva genuinely wrestles and is either fine or not.

Or hell, have Kendrick do the secret run in to distract the ref for all her matches.

Hasney

She needs a manager.

Honestly let Stroman be the manager. He can be fucking big and intimidating and distracting to the women trying to wrestle eva.

Thats 2 people that have the look part down on either spectrum and sometimes odd pairings work.

Let her VO be her manager. Just randomly start giving advice during matches and distracting the ref.

Fox318

Well, they've hit a whole new low, haven't they?
Finally found a belt that will make Bryan look big.
Have they? She seemed to get pretty loud boos during all of her entrances or attempts to get out of a match.

They haven't done much with her character when she needs to talk minus the brief mic time after Becky lost to Alexa which was fine and she was decent on Talking Smack. Her last televised match was when, Wrestlemania? I suppose it just depends on if or when they actually pull the trigger and put her in an actual match. It can be played for humor with Becky Lynch automatically kicking Eva's ass in five seconds or Eva genuinely wrestles and is either fine or not.

Or hell, have Kendrick do the secret run in to distract the ref for all her matches.

Its a shame because if Eva did improve she probably could have a massive face run as somebody who tried to go up through NXT and train how to be a wrestler.

Instead of say Nnaomi who is just as bad if not worse in the ring.

Top Bottom