• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

GunBR

Guys....

AJ is our champ

tumblr_o5uzcfRdbG1sj4xr4o1_400.gif
You can use it at every single page at every single month of WrasslinGAF and this gif will never get old

Turok_TTZ

Guys....

AJ is our champ

tumblr_o5uzcfRdbG1sj4xr4o1_400.gif

and its fucking terrible.

ringwork is an undisputed A but his promo skills are lacking for one who is supposed to be a top vet of this business. Cena and Ambrose did much better today than styles. Cena did better on the mic. John Cena actually getting me excited for no mercy rather than styles. let that sink in.

Adree

Alexa was great on Talking Smack. I feel like since Carmella is so terrible that reviewers just lump her in with Carmella and assume she's trash but she's gotten pretty good in the ring.

Takers changed his multiple times so he technically doesn't count.

As for people who still appear on WWE television, even on a semi regular basis. It's Vince, who had his since the 1999 Royal Rumble.

When I think about it, Booker T had pretty much the same theme since WCW.

As for regulars, probably Cena.

PreFire

Probably belongs in the gaming forum, but there ain't no wwe 2k topics I see, and once I saw Styles new title plates being installed (YouTube) and seeing it on Smackdown, I just had to make AJ Styles championship belt in 2k16.

QrDcdYJ.jpg

EJ32E79.jpg

SZ16aiw.jpg

hCN8h9Y.jpg

I also created this Styles

So I had an idea and I am curious what others think but this year's royal rumble should feature the first women's royal rumble match. They should have enough women to fill the match. Plus you can bring back plenty of former women wrestlers as surprise entraints. I think you could do something cool like steph coming in as a surprise entraint. You could have asuka just wreck havoc on everyone.

I think they could do it if they have a rumble of only 12 or 15. I would personally rather see a queen of the ring tournament for #1 contender to the women's title at Mania. But I don't know how they do that now.

Also. Becky currently has the best looking title in WWE, AJ's WWE title second

AJ is the champ, but you know deep down within the next 12 months Cena taking that belt.
Cena straight-up admitted it last night, at some point in the next year he's tying Flair's record with his Kayfabe hopes for No Mercy. AJ can still get a good run all the way to Wrestlemania if he can hold the belt until then and then he can always get it back. And WWE just wanna break the record more then toss the title at Cena, so there's always a chance when Cena wins, he doesn't get a long reign with.

klonere

Banned
Skimmed through the segments on Smackdown before work and it was very entertaining. Loving that Miz is pissed at being stuck with Ziggler again and fucks with Bryan's main event. It's totally understandable as well, Bryan was actively harming the quality of the show just to spite Miz. Becky plays the best straight up babyface on the roster (
yes even better than Bayley
and is definitely best positioned to get some heat on the belt.

Def excited to see where they go for the main event for No Mercy. I get the feeling it won't be a triple threat by the time the PPV comes around.

Who is the one person in wrestling you would never want to shoot?

My pick is New Jack.

Haku or Harley Race. Scary ass motherfuckers.

RBH

ringwork is an undisputed A but his promo skills are lacking for one who is supposed to be a top vet of this business. Cena and Ambrose did much better today than styles. Cena did better on the mic. John Cena actually getting me excited for no mercy rather than styles. let that sink in.
Wut

Hasney

The only thing that's sunk in is that your brain is clearly wired wrong.

Just saw that No Mercy ad with them continuing to use Maryse for it again. I love that the whole thing is sold like a perfume ad with her speaking in French while dark-blue tinted clips of her and Miz played.

We're a day into No Mercy story-telling and promo set-up and it's already looking better handled then Clash of Champions.

CruZuqpWYAACreW.jpg:large

We have hit upon ROH's booking philosophy

Dunno about Scrull being there for longer than the UK tour though.

I think a load of people assumed it when he was announced, I thought it was wrong, but he's been talking about like opening a door for Brits there so /shrug

klonere

Banned
I think a load of people assumed it when he was announced, I thought it was wrong, but he's been talking about like opening a door for Brits there so /shrug

Wait is that a legit thing they made? If so holy shit.

I guess, I mean its not like Nigel doesn't work there already....

Jamie OD

Yeah, it's a bit of a different story, I don't think Nigel was ever really on the UK indy scene, especially not in the state it's in now.

Nigel's from the last generation of UK wrestlers that had to wrestle in America or Japan to make their name. See also Doug Williams, PAC and Spud.

Awks, he just got pulled from all NJPW shows for this week due to a spinal injury.

His dumb as fuck style is catching up with him.

I'm sure it was the pillar crash Honma gave him in the G1 - he hit it on both Shibata and YOSHI and both of them had fucked up shoulders/necks for the rest of the tour. Of course, continuing to work through the injury is the bigger problem.

lol @ Foley going nuts over Rollins interfering in the main event but doesn't give a shit about all the other million dusty finishes that occurred on exact same episode of Raw.

What a terrible GM.

Not sure if it's been mentioned by anyone else, but I'm a bit peeved about the ending to the Styles & Miz v Cena & Ambrose match. I mean, their were two goals to this match:
1. Further emphasize that Miz is on the rise
2. Put some heat between Ambrose & Cena

What I don't get is why they had to have Miz take a pinfall? Just have Cena and Ambrose have some miscommunication, maybe an accidental bump off the apron, and have Ambrose over react, and hit Cena with Dirty Deeds and walk out allowing Miz to score the pinfall.

Everyone gets elevated, and both aforementioned goals are reached. With how it went down, Miz just looks like that guy who talks a big game, but still can't match Jesus Cena.

Maybe I'm over reacting - but just seems like a missed opportunity.

Cuz "cena"

I don't like Alexa's new outfit, I thought it was just gonna be a one time PPV thing. Seems more like a special occasion type one.

She still has the best facials going though.

Top Bottom