• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

DMczaf

head2srspa.gif

Njpw has a place for him

A grave ?

Fitts

mVwTLNo.jpg

This is happening as World Champion Booker T defends his title against U.S./Hardcore/Cruiserweight Champion Lance Storm.

Vince Russo just can't help himself. Such an idiot. Haha...

I remember watching wrestling at this time. WCW was shit, but Lance Storm was aces.

Zach

I look forward to seeing one of the creepy lurkers dressing you guys down for wanting Daniel Bryan TO KILL HIMSELF for your SICK ENJOYMENT in a PPV OT or that RAW ratings thread.

wall o text

Don't disagree here at all. I have no investment in what is going on with RAW. They're solution to bring in viewership is to have big matches, but then the next week it's just crap. Everything feels so incredibly forced in what is happening in the ring. It's trying so hard to create these deep stories.

Watching Smackdown it just feels very basic in what it's trying to do. Wrestler A hates Wrestler B and is out to get them, that's it. Granted they need to back Shane & Bryan out of the picture in terms of match stuff (a triple threat, again, really?!?). But ultimately it just feels like good ole simple wrasslin

Lothar

Banned
Who are the top faces on Raw? Reigns, the guy no one likes, and..... Seth? Is Seth a face yet? Has he done anything to make fans cheer for him?

Don't disagree here at all. I have no investment in what is going on with RAW. They're solution to bring in viewership is to have big matches, but then the next week it's just crap. Everything feels so incredibly forced in what is happening in the ring. It's trying so hard to create these deep stories.

Watching Smackdown it just feels very basic in what it's trying to do. Wrestler A hates Wrestler B and is out to get them, that's it. Granted they need to back Shane & Bryan out of the picture in terms of match stuff (a triple threat, again, really?!?). But ultimately it just feels like good ole simple wrasslin

Didn't NXT's writer move to Smackdown? He's the unsung hero of the 'E at the moment. First he oversaw the era that turned the developmental brand into a strong touring proposition in its own right, and now he happens to be around when the quote/unquote B brand show is consistently more enjoyable than Raw.

Smackdown also has the benefit of no Steph.

People over 6'2 don't have to undergo the tests.

Everyone knows people under six foot are fragile and prone to injury. Because Orton is taller than Bryan, his brain can absorb 2000x more punishment. It's science.

Christ, didn't they 'tweak' the wellness policy just so they didn't have to drop Orton? He's always been treated like an A+ player for some reason.

Everyone knows people under six foot are fragile and prone to injury. Because Orton is taller than Bryan, his brain can absorb 2000x more punishment. It's science.

Christ, didn't they 'tweak' the wellness policy just so they didn't have to drop Orton? He's always been treated like an A+ player for some reason.

Randy Orton is the Ultimate Warrior of this era

Aiii

So not worth it
Decided to try and watch whatever upcoming show Lapsed Fan is going to do, so now it's Summerslam 92.

I forgot how awesome and nuts this was for 1992 wrestling

Bryan is what would happen if fans liked Kurt Angle enough to enable his desire to die in the ring

Seriously, both are publicly okay with dying in front of thousands on live aired television. One is vilified for it, one is praised for it

Someone got Jack Swagger in my Smackdown.

Fortunately he's gone into a feud with Baron Corbin, so at least I can enjoy watching him lose...

Unless he injures Corbin and then randomly gets a push afterwards I guess.

I love how he was all 'FORGET EVERYTHING I AM DIFFERENT NOW' before going 'WE THE PEOPLE' and having his same music play.

Sure you are Swagger. Sure. Remember that one time you beat Rusev? That's as good as it's going to get for you buddy.

Top Bottom