• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Zach

jedGO6N.jpg

T2 was amazeballs. I remember Face/Off getting a lot of attention but fun as it was, it wasn't T2 tier.

Matrix... yeah, they're on the same level. They book ended the 90's and they were both influential as fuck. Imagine the year 2000 without every cheap tv ad or b movie ripping off bullet time or the spin-around-actor cam....

Just on catch-up, were you all worked by a potential Punk Rumble win a few pages back or did I miss something?

but matrix is so so so so so bad

I know kung-fu

Man whatever.

What version of Rumble in the Bronx should I watch though? Doesn't it have like a million cuts.

They should release a special blu ray of RITB with a special 'black and chrome' version, which isn't the same as 'black and white' because marketing.

Just listening to the Lapsed Fan (the latest victim of the fickle WrassleGAF hive mind) and they brought up Diana's wooden acting in Stampede. Anyone know who played Davey Boy's kayfabe brother and if he went on to do anything of note?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Like I'm not some huge Terminator 2 mark esp because I liked T1 so much but I can understand why people like it and that it holds up pretty well. I can accept it's a good movie.

Matrix isn't. Time and place means little to film for me unless it's a documentary. Toy Story 1's CG looks bad now but it's still a fun movie to watch. Matrix just isn't.
Man whatever.

What version of Rumble in the Bronx should I watch though? Doesn't it have like a million cuts.
The blu-ray Shout Factory put out recently is good

jmdajr

Stallone and Snipes tried really hard and yes it's great, but cmon it ain't T2.

I always forget that! I associate the 00's with that movie cause it's everyone's first DVD, but yes it's on that level.

T2 and Matrix both literally changed the game for FX at the time of their release.
But they were more than that. They were actually awesome!

Kaladin

Lol! You should download the prelude just because, it's a nice little demo.

I might check it out. Honestly, any sports game I get I typically dig into franchise mode and make it a one man fantasy league where I can pop in and control the action from time to time.

Kurita

I just learned the word てんさい (tensai), which apparently means genius.

And now I wonder why we never got a Tensai and Sandow tag team.
Depends on the kanji you use, it can also mean "natural disaster" (天災) and that's what Lord Tensai was going for

2 hours into the latest Lapsed Fan and this is already pretty great... and my god, they haven't even gotten to the insanity of Diana Hart's book yet.

It always makes me laugh how much of an anti-mark Bret is for himself, moaning about things in his matches that no one else on Earth would ever pick up on.

Zach

I need to watch them again, it's been a while since I watched those two Alien movies. I can't believe they stopped at two classics and didn't milk it to death with misfire sequels, prequels and crossovers.
: )

(I actually didn't like Aliens enough to watch anything else.)

You play Alien: Isolation? It was great.

I need to watch them again, it's been a while since I watched those two Alien movies. I can't believe they stopped at two classics and didn't milk it to death with misfire sequels, prequels and crossovers.
It took 30 years, but we may finally be there with Prometheus, Ridley Scott's sequel, and Neil Blomkamp's alien movies

Top Bottom